• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Super Eight

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
No, but by looking at his muscle definition you can tell that he is fairly strong and has the upper body to handle the rigours of cricket. Of course, playing cricket and bowling at the top level would require a bowler to be fit, and don't bring up Dwayne Leverock as an example to the contrary. Watson has been playing for Queensland and Australia for a few years now, so you would have to assume he has a reasonable fitness level to be able to do what he does.
Well not really, if Watson has a high protein diet or good genetics that could easily mask the fact that his not actually strong. I do not know how much Watto lifts but Shaun Tait could easily lift more but Shaun may not abide to a particularly good diet, which means his body will not grow or Shaun may workout every day which would also mean his body would not be given sufficient time to grow/recover.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Muscles=Strength. Plain and simple, if you have decent sized mucles like Watson then you will be reasonably strong. Shaun Tait probably could lift more than Shane Watson, making him more powerful but not stronger. Completely different things.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Well, good for you - how does it feel to be wrong all these years. As I have been saying for years now (and proven right by Mr. Tendulkar's dismal performance match after match especially under pressure):

DROP TENDULKAR !

Ian Chappell is wrong - ZEROdulkar is not playing for statistics -- just for MONEY !!! :laugh:
Why are you posting this in the Super 8s thread?

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Muscles=Strength. Plain and simple, if you have decent sized mucles like Watson then you will be reasonably strong. Shaun Tait probably could lift more than Shane Watson, making him more powerful but not stronger. Completely different things.
I'm sorry I did not know there was a difference, if I power train than my strength increases the two go hand in hand. But there are ways in amplifying the facade of strength i.e. muscles that has nothing to do with picking up a weight or using such 'strength'. It seems like your from the muscle mass equates strength school of thought, nothing wrong with that, it is still something which is highly debated especially upon the bodybuilding community. Although, I see it is a rather more complicated problematic.

Perm

Well, if you have muscles then you have strength as far as I'm concerned. I'm not saying that more muscles=more strength because I know that's a definate lie. Also, Shaun Tait is very explosive and powerful but may not necessarily be stronger than Shane Watson. It just means he can lift heavier weights once or twice, Watson could lift lighter weights more times than Tait, meaning he is stronger. Just an example, it is quite complicated when you get into muscular endurance, strength, power and all that sort of technical stuff.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Well, if you have muscles then you have strength as far as I'm concerned. I'm not saying that more muscles=more strength because I know that's a definate lie. Also, Shaun Tait is very explosive and powerful but may not necessarily be stronger than Shane Watson. It just means he can lift heavier weights once or twice, Watson could lift lighter weights more times than Tait, meaning he is stronger. Just an example, it is quite complicated when you get into muscular endurance, strength, power and all that sort of technical stuff.
It is, especially when you have to talk about it for a living.:)

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
PE teacher? Or some sort of biomechanist?
No, I'm a part time gym instructor although; I'm doing my professional fitness instructor course when I finish Uni later this spring. Money for old rope, however, it costs £2,500 for a piece of paper which indicates you know the difference between the bicep and tricep. Its not rocket science but some people seem to believe it is and the amount of conflicting theories and methods you receive are immense. Not only makes you hate your job but working out tbh.

Last edited:

Perm

I'm doing Year 13 PE over here and I must say, some of it is bloody confusing. All the formulae and the like, can get very frustrating. Still, a lot of it is fairly basic. Wouldn't be something I would be overally keen to create a career out of, not with all the theory stuff you have to teach/explain.

pup11

International Coach
Taylor has bowled way too many wides already, this kid has seriously lost his rhythm.

Last edited:

pup11

International Coach
With Fernando now in the team hasn't the SL tail become a bit too long.

Powell is really bowling well atm.