• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Super Eight

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Its good context but not a great contest as IND-PAK old rivalry would be ...Heated exchanges had been there if IND ..PAK played each other at worldcup level
No doubt there would have been far more passion and history behind the game but I honestly think I would prefer to be watching Ireland take on Bangladesh.

Shadhadat finds the edge, but it falls short of the slips who are standing way too far back. The bowler is almost touching 140km/h here, he is really putting all his effort into these opening overs.

EDIT: Aftab just drops a catch of a no-ball, poor cricket by the Bangladeshi's.

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
No doubt there would have been far more passion and history behind the game but I honestly think I would prefer to be watching Ireland take on Bangladesh.

Shadhadat finds the edge, but it falls short of the slips who are standing way too far back. The bowler is almost touching 140km/h here, he is really putting all his effort into these opening overs.

EDIT: Aftab just drops a catch of a no-ball, poor cricket by the Bangladeshi's.

Its up to your choice

Perm

Its up to your choice
Indeed it is, I suppose it comes down to the fact I don't really enjoy watching the Pakistan cricket team play and I am a big supporter of Bangladesh cricket so would find it more entertaining watching the current game. Not trying to say that Pakistan vs India wouldn't have been a good game, I'm sure it would have, but I think I would enjoy this game more.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Nah I agree with Gelman, England have seemed to rise to the occasion a bit more so than SA. Definitely in with a chance.
Here's hoping you're right. ATM I'm struggling to see it from any POV other than a purely pessimistic one. Probably saving myself the anguish when we go out, TBH.

Raghav

more of a slow start here for IRL. Ban bowling well and are unlucky to find edges. feel that BAN are not making the irish to play the ball to find the edges

andyc

Raghav is right... It is a real shame that the big sides didn't make it to the super eights. I think the novelty of having Ireland here is well and truly over!
Well, then maybe Pakistan should have actually beat them. It gets annoying when everyone complains about minnows getting through. They clearly turned up and won the important games, while the 'stronger' teams didn't. Therefore, they deserved to go through. No two ways about it.

Raghav

Ashraful's in pain, and here comes the physio with his bag of goodies to inspect the damage. Now off they both go.

bad time to get injured. hope he recovers soon

Raghav

End of over 8 (5 runs) - Ireland 29/0 (RR: 3.62)
WTS Porterfield 19* (30b 1x4) Shahadat Hossain 4-1-22-0
JP Bray 5* (20b) Mashrafe Mortaza 4-1-5-0

simmy

International Regular
I just can't see Ireland causing any problems here for Bangladesh.

Tomorrow's game is going to be incredible. I can't wait. This Ire v Bang game is not fulfilling my cricket "fix" at all.

Perm

Bangladesh have been quite unlucky early on here, they've found the edge a couple of times and they haven't carried. Mashrafe has been very accurate and brisk which has allowed Shadhadat to really attack at the other end. They've been poor in the field, with a number of fumbles and poorly directed throws.

William Porterfield is looking good though, his partner is looking less impressive but is still in the middle.

Perm

I just can't see Ireland causing any problems here for Bangladesh.

Tomorrow's game is going to be incredible. I can't wait. This Ire v Bang game is not fulfilling my cricket "fix" at all.
Why not? Purely because of the fact it is Ireland vs Bangladesh? The game has been quite a tight contest so far, with Bangladesh bowling really well and Ireland struggling for a start but now slowly building into the innings. If you have a more positive view on the fact that both of these teams have made the Super 8's and deserve to be here, then I think you would enjoy the cricket more.

pup11

International Coach
It should have been a Super- Sunday with an India v/s Pakistan in offering but it was not to be.

Anyways a slow but a decent start from the Irish, Bangladesh won't be happy that they haven't been able to make an early breakthrough.

P.S: I would like to see Vettori open the innings for the Kiwis instead of Fulton,even though Vettori is out of form with the bat.