• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Super Eight

gettingbetter

State Vice-Captain
Ander-son Pieter-sen, same ball park.

Also, does anyone think that Plunkett has been batted out of international cricket for a year or two? Or atelast been pushed down the pecking order.

I'll assume that Mahmood was rested considering that he's been performing well, but now Braod has displayed some rigour as opposed to Plunky-boy.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Haha, Nasser Hussain talking about the West Indies needing more "mongrel" in them. He's got some good points though, they let themselves down with soft cricket.

Perm

West Indies doing their best to collapse, I don't think they'll even get to 300. Pretty weak realy, they couldn't handle the lack of pace from Collingwood and Vaughan.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Let's wait an hour and see what he has to say about the English performance then.

That's not quite the point though. We all know England will probably bat hopelessly, and that WI have more than enough runs in the bank whatever happens in the next few overs. But I think that Hussain's point is well made. Had Hayden, Ponting, Kallis or somesuch got the sort of starts made by Gayle & Samuels, they would probably have made damned sure they batted the opposition pretty much out of the game, or else it would have taken something spectacular to get rid of them. G&S didn't do that, and, although it's highly unlikely to matter today, it's indicative of where WI cricket is at.

Perm

That's not quite the point though. We all know England will probably bat hopelessly, and that WI have more than enough runs in the bank whatever happens in the next few overs. But I think that Hussain's point is well made. Had Hayden, Ponting, Kallis or somesuch got the sort of starts made by Gayle & Samuels, they would probably have made damned sure they batted the opposition pretty much out of the game, or else it would have taken something spectacular to get rid of them. G&S didn't do that, and, although it's highly unlikely to matter today, it's indicative of where WI cricket is at.
Summed it up perfectly. Against the better teams, the West Indies really cannot afford to be jogging two runs at the death when there is three on offer. The "mongrel" that Hussain was talking about refers primarily to this and their fielding which can be equally poor, and all of it comes down to attitude.

Perm

Really weak display from the West Indies here, if England chase this down and win then the lower order really needs to have a decent look at themselves.

Dalrymple really playing as a bits and pieces player today, 3 overs for 19, a couple of catches and the exciting prospect of batting at #7 or #8.

gettingbetter

State Vice-Captain
It's just too bad he doesn't have any wickets, I don't think he deserves the critiicism that he receives on this site, but in saying that, I find it hard to see him to fit in with England's plans for the future, especially considering that Bopara is in the team now.

pasag

RTDAS
All out for 300 should be to much for England unless we see a KP special. Excellent work from Flintoff for that last run-out.

Perm

It's just too bad he doesn't have any wickets, I don't think he deserves the critiicism that he receives on this site, but in saying that, I find it hard to see him to fit in with England's plans for the future, especially considering that Bopara is in the team now.
I wasn't trying to be critical, I think he could be quite a decent player if they get his role in the team sorted.

West Indies all out for 300, didn't bat out 50 overs which was pretty weak. I don't think England have a chance here, not with their weakened batting lineup.

Perm

Vaughan looking pretty good, if they weren't chasing such a big total then this would have been a pretty good start. Better than 0/10 off 8 overs anyway.

PY

International Coach
Boppers and Vaughan doing pretty well.

Pity it's an utterly dead game. Bring on BCL!