• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Final.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Qn: are you true blue Aussie or an Indian that supports Australia ?
Doesn't really matter IMO. Let him support who he wants - he's a lot more passionate about his team than 90% of members here and yet he's not blind enough to let it fill his posts with bias. Pup's loyalties cannot be questioned.

Last edited:

Fiery

Banned
Its a free world.....I can support whomever I like.
I'm a big fan of the Sri Lankan team.......and of course the greatest spin bowler of all time, Muttiah Muralidharan
Even though he's thrown the bowl for the last 15 years and claimed a catch that he knew he had dropped and had to pick up on the bounce from the ground to get Oram out and destroy NZ's hopes of winning the WC? Cheating little monkey!

Salamuddin

International Debutant
Doesn't really matter IMO. Let him support who he wants - he's a lot more passionate about his team than 90% of members here and yet he's not blind enough to let it fill his posts with bias. Pup's loyalties cannot be questioned.
And of course I accused him of bias or something else didn't I ? 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)
I asked a question.......no hidden agendas.

Salamuddin

International Debutant
Even though he's thrown the bowl for the last 15 years and claimed a catch that he knew he had dropped and had to pick up on the bounce from the ground to get Oram out and destroy NZ's hopes of winning the WC? Cheating little monkey!

Murali's action is perfectly legit......people who know a lot more about biomechanics than you or I have decreed it so....so please give that line up.

howardj

International Coach
For mine, SLanka need to be aware that Australia win most of their ODI games in the first ten overs of their bowling innings. How many times have we seen Lee/McGrath/Tait etc strike early (often two or three wickets) and inflict fatal damage! Accordingly, if I was Long Tom Moody, I'd be instructing the lads to play out the first ten overs, even if they only clock up 40 runs. Whatever you do, do not go out too hard, too early. Like all champions, Australia are fantastic frontrunners - if they strike early, they'll be all over you like a pack of crazed cheetahs.

Fiery

Banned
Murali's action is perfectly legit......people who know a lot more about biomechanics than you or I have decreed it so....so please give that line up.
Kiss my entire white skinny ass! And get to grips with cricket. Murali is a cheating little bastard!

Last edited:

Salamuddin

International Debutant
For mine, I hope Sri Lanka win the toss and bat....I think Sri Lanak's best chance to win comes if they bat first.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Fiery, I respect your opinion on the matter... but we've done this debate to death IMO. No need to bring it up again in this thread.

dinu23

International Debutant
Probably getting off-topic for this thread, but I have to say how much I admire the SL guys for their general attitude and team spirit. I'm particularly impressed with how they seem to keep it together so well given the strife that has been going on in SL for years and years now. Out of interest, how many of the team are Tamils? IIRC Murali is - are there others? If so, is the team isolated from the troubles to an extent or is it an issue within the team?
You have to understand that tamils and sinhalese in sri lanka dont have a problem with each other. All SRI LANKANS have a problem with this group called LTTE. They want to divide this country. that will never happen.

pup11

International Coach
Thanks for supporting me Princey i really appreciate you gesture mate, you are really a gun!!

I have lost a lot of respect for Murali since he claimed Oram's catch, though that catch might not have made a huge difference in the result of the game but still Murali didn't show any sportsmanship there.

But yeah i agree no need to discuss this topic any further.