• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Season XII Results and Discussion Thread

Dydl

International Debutant
Darren Dubb-Lynch received a firm punch to the jaw as he was about to enter his car in leaving the CWBCC stadium tonight. Following CW Green's dramatic win over the Colts, emotions were high, likely resulting on the incident. Dubb-Lynch has sustained a fractured jaw and will be out for 7 game days.
silly dubb-lynch doing his jaw.
It wasn't me, I didn't ask someone to come and punch me in the jaw. Devastated to miss match time and watch from the sidelines. Close game for Green, disappointing performance with the bat, but even more disappointed with the injury.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Dissapointed but with the quality of bowlers missing it was always going to be hard to get a win on a flat pitch like that. My atrocious form continues really, can't keep throwing away a start like that, especially when I soak up as many balls as I did. Oh well.

Some definite good signs with Armtsrong and Donald both making maiden tons and Gelman again taking wickets. We'll be stronger for these early challenges when our more experienced players come back.

Travis_Teh

International Regular
WOah, two hardcore games there.

Would never have picked Green to beat the Colts, .... and thought Black would've accounted for the Reds. Kearsley, looking the goods. Might need to target him. Jasotharan's in uncanny form, too.

Travis_Teh

International Regular
Updated Table:

Code:
Team	Played	Won	Lost	Drawn	Tied	Bat	Bowl	Points
Red	2	1	1	0	0	8	5	27
Colts	2	1	1	0	0	5	6	25
Green	1	1	0	0	0	1	3	18
Black	2	0	1	1	0	6	5	15
Blue	1	0	0	1	0	4	2	10

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Given that we got ourselves into a very winnable position with green having only 2 wickets in hand and requiring something like 70 runs, I'm not too happy we couldn't take those 2 wickets.

'Jaso' is in inspiring form, a shame he couldn't bring up two hundreds.

We need to forget about the disapointment of this game and move on and open up our account with a big win in our first OD game today.

andyc

Awesome performance there Greens, really kept it through to the end. Was stoked with my performance too, especially being there at the end with Mitchell to win it.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
Awesome performance there Greens, really kept it through to the end. Was stoked with my performance too, especially being there at the end with Mitchell to win it.
yer well done mate great stuff.........tahnks to you 2 it got us over the line for a nice start to the season.

Matteh

yer well done mate great stuff.........tahnks to you 2 it got us over the line for a nice start to the season.
Some handy batting all down the order from us Greens. Gundry's 38 in the 1st deserves a mention too.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
April 28

Cricket Web Red v Cricket Web Colts
Fardin Qayyumi Stadium

Scorecard

The Cricket Web Colts withstood a brave fightback by Cricket Web Red to open their one-day season as they did in the longer form, with a comfortable win. Matt Hopgood scored his maiden List-A hundred on debut, and the Colts cruised to victory by 6 wickets.

Kyle Wright inserted his former team and quickly had them scrambling against some sharp new ball bowling. The top order fell away dramatically, and at the dismissal of captain Sean Bennett for 20, the score sat at 54-5. Jamee Gray contributed 8, then flashed at Hancock to be caught behind - 89 for 6. Chris Dwyer joined Zac Ritchie in a partnership of two players hoping to cement spots in the CW Red lineup. Both players realized the amount of time available to them and the urgency of their need to make an impact. Playing carefully for the most part, they added 99 crucially to the Red total.

Hancock returned to dismiss Ritchie for 66, then Dwyer slammed Dan Rai out of the ground over midwicket. He got to 56 and was caught brilliantly in the deep off Wright's bowling. The Reds gathered 66 from the last 10 overs of the innings, hitting back well with a total of 222-9, given the humble beginnings of the innings.

But the game was never a contest from there in. Shan Jasotharan is arguably in the form of his life, and it showed even as he played the supporting role to Hopgood. The rookie opener delighted with a series of beautifully-placed off-drives, raising his 50 from 52 balls. Kennett went for 29 from his first 3 overs, but returned with a sharp second spell, removing Jasotharan and Das with consecutive deliveries. Pooja Bharat joined Hopgood to improve the score from 144-2 to 200 at the her dismissal. Hopgood raised his hundred from his 105th ball, then slowed in scoring 14 from his next 27. Sadly, he was robbed of a not out by the stunning catching of Kearsley, out for 114 when the scores were level. Kerr flicked a full-length delivery away to win the game.

NB - No BBB for this game.

Cricket Web Red 222-9 (50 overs)
ZJ Ritchie 66 [102], CR Dwyer 56 [61]
MW Wilson 3-42 [10], KS Wright 3-47 [10]

Cricket Web Colts 225-4 (43.3 overs)
MR Hopgood 114 [132], S Jasotharan 57 [75]
CP Thompson 2-35 [7.3], DM Kennett 2-46 [8]

Cricket Web Colts won by 6 wickets.
Man of the Match: MR Hopgood

Cricket Web Blue v Cricket Web Black
Pickford Reserve

Scorecard
Ball by Ball

Slow and low most times, the Pickford Reserve is considered one of the most difficult surfaces to adjust to in the Dev League. For the one-day season opener, it lived up to that reputation, producing an intriguing and hard-fought contest between Cricket Web Black and Cricket Web Blue.

Noting the strength of the CW Black lineup, Sean Fuller opted to apply pressure by making them chase, choosing to bat first. Young and Mamesh had no problems in facing the opening bowlers. They played with complete ease to add 52 from the first 9 overs. Spin entered the attack and Young took 10 runs from Richards' second over to raise the Blue hundred and reach 50 from 47 balls. Two balls later, Mamesh reached his milestone against Roberts, taking 60 balls to do so. The opening stand fashioned 123 runs when Mamesh senselessly holed out to long-on against Richards.

As the innings the progressed the pitch just got slower, to ensure that scoring was never easy after the early going. On debut, Jack Ullungura got out to an injudicious stroke against Donald, and the same bowler had Fuller dropped by Dan Smith later on. Young, in since the beginning, was the only one to have the measure of the pitch. He reached 95 and was poised for his maiden List-A ton, but failed to reach the pitch of a Richards delivery and was caught at short midwicket. Richards was indeed the pick of the bowlers, and after seeing Donald trap Fuller lbw for 22, he took the wickets of Bowen and Cribb in his next over.

Wilshere and May-Quinlan struck a couple of good blows, but excellent work by the spinners combined with some sharp death bowling by Kexing Su and Gelman limited CW Blue to 226 all out. In total 10 wickets fell for 103 runs in the last 26.4 overs of the innings, after 123 for no loss came in the first 22.5.

The target looked achievable from a CW Black standpoint, but Fuller knew that the key to the game would lie with his slower bowlers. Still, it was Matt Smith who made the quick impact. He found the searching edge of Chaulk's bat in the first over, and provided Ullungura with a simple chance at slip. Dan Smith and Armstrong then approached the early overs with care, taking CW Black to 50-1 after 10 overs with virtually no risk. Fuller entered the attack and Dan Smith stepped back to slap a length ball through the covers for a boundary. Some 3 balls later he attempted to repeat the shot, but was met with a yorker and bowled offstump.

But the runs continued to flow, and the score was 79-2 at the end of the 15th over. May-Quinlan started to exert some pressure with impressive control, then he met rewards of a wicket, bowling Armstrong for 39 (from 49 balls). Fuller took the opportunity to introduce spin in the form of Gooljar. In turn, McMeekin and Arnold struggled to time the ball and find gaps. The 4th wicket partnership, though worth 78 runs, absorbed 20.4 overs. McMeekin attempted to address the run rate at the start of the 41st over, but only found the hands of Bowen at long-off. Fuller went up with two confident lbw shouts against the struggling Arnold, until he perished in the same way as his partner, this time Gooljar the catcher.

Donald and Gelman added a quick 17 off 16 balls, but the latter was given out lbw when he looked to flick away a Dunn delivery. The replays confirmed that the ball would have missed legstump, and it was probably the deciding blow in that moment. Dunn would have had Richards for 2, but for Fuller's drop at extra cover, and the allrounder lofted the CW Blue captain back overhead for a boundary in the following over. With 25 needed from the last 20 balls, May-Quinlan produced a stunning 47th over, only allowing 3 singles.

The pressure was back on CW Black, especially when May-Quinlan held a good catch on the cover boundary to dismiss Donald in the 48th over. The requirement was then 19 from 15. Roberts took a single first ball, and Richards late cut the next delivery for a boundary. May-Quinlan bowled another excellent over - the 49th - meaning that Fuller was due to bowl the final over with 9 runs needed by the Blacks. He started the over in sensational fashion, rearing a short ball up at Roberts and catching the glove as he awkwardly ducked and wafted. Mamesh took the catch behind the stumps and threw the ball up in delight. Ben Fox took guard for the first time in one-day cricket, but he would have hoped for an easier scenario than 9 runs needed from 5 balls. Still, he looked to engage the challenge, backing away to slash Fuller through the offside. He only succeeded in getting a healthy nick to Mamesh, who took another good catch.

Fuller was on a hat-trick in the pressure-ridden circumstance. Kexing Su denied him such glory, but only singles could be gathered off the next 3 balls. Six runs were needed from the final ball of the innings, so Richards eyed up the midwicket boundary with a mighty heave. A Fuller slower ball slipped past the bat to the waiting Mamesh, sealing a dramatic win for CW Blue.

Cricket Web Blue 226 all out (49.3 overs)
PE Young 95 [99], T Mamesh 57 [75]
DP Richards 4-46 [10], Kexing Su 3-48 [9.3]

Cricket Web Black 221-9 (50 overs)
AR Arnold/CR McMeekin 46 [94/68], GAJ Armstrong 39 [49]
SE Fuller 4-42 [10], RG Dunn 2-51 [10]

Cricket Web Blue won by 5 runs.
Man of the Match: SE Fuller

Loony BoB

International Captain
Great result, and fantastic job from Hoppy on debut, putting real pressure on myself, I might not be able to get back into the side so easily on my return! Good stuff from Wilson, saving his better performances for the official games which is always a good thing. Kyle, Nick and Shah also did a job, getting wickets and in the end we deserved the result.

pinchy81

International Vice-Captain
holy crap i cant believe we won that tbh i was about ti have a hat attack in the last over but Fuller bowled well in that over. And May-Quinlan bowled superbly.