• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Season XII Results and Discussion Thread

Travis_Teh

International Regular
TBPH the rest are just middle of range.

Wouldn't really mind if Blackman, Borcich and Patrick can prove me wrong though. Markus well he is up there will Cloete in ODs atleast, again would be nice if he could prove me wrong in FC.
Tharmi throwing the big punches.

No one really needs to comment on the table so early on in the season, isn't really an indicator if you ask me : ie the power of Blue last season after the shocking start.

Numbers do all the talking and tell the truth at the end of the season.

I guess it would be fun to make fun of Smith, ... won't do it, though.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
TBPH the rest are just middle of range.

Wouldn't really mind if Blackman, Borcich and Patrick can prove me wrong though. Markus well he is up there will Cloete in ODs atleast, again would be nice if he could prove me wrong in FC.
I must be so middle of range I dont even merit a mention :@

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Not established enough IMO.
Given I have a central contract and Im playing for CW XI in the Champions Trophy I think Im established enough to make a difference for Black in the OD game.

But anyway, I digress and it isnt really important.

Last edited:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Updated Table:

Code:
Team	Played	Won	Lost	Drawn	Tied	Bat	Bowl	Points
Colts	3	2	1	0	0	8	9	45
Blue	2	1	0	1	0	8	5	31
Red	2	1	1	0	0	8	5	27
Green	2	1	1	0	0	5	6	25
Black	3	0	2	1	0	8	8	20
For Trav: Only one unbeaten team in the league right now. :cool:

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Given I have a central contract and Im playing for CW XI in the Champions Trophy I think Im established enough to make a difference for Black in the OD game.

But anyway, I digress and it isnt really important.
Only one season though.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
And one would guess that the initial talk about batting and bowling points made it clear it was FC being talked about.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
May 1

Cricket Web Black v Cricket Web Colts
Fardin Qayyumi Stadium

Scorecard
Ball by Ball

Everything clicked suddenly for Cricket Web Black, as they slammed the Cricket Web Colts back down to earth with a maiden win of the season. It came by a thoroughly dominant 199-run margin. First the Black batsmen dismantled the Colts bowling attack for an enormous 360-2 in their 50 overs, then they tore through the batting with clinical precision to mark the victory.

Ash Chaulk and James Stedman, wary of CW Black's fragile batting in recent times, started cautiously and gathered only 16 runs from the first 4 overs. From there the innings launched into life. The hundred came up in the 16th over, after Wright delayed the third powerplay to address the spiraling scoring rate. The ploy could hardly be called success, for although Stedman took 52 balls to reach 50, he needed only 85 for his next 101. Chaulk got his half-century from 57 balls, signing the innings with a trademark pull shot against Wright for six. He scored 90 runs from the next 77 balls he faced.

Gerard Armstrong was also a notable contributor, with 31 from 23 balls, an unbeaten effort. Manan Shah and Mike Wilson bowled well at the death, but only Jack McNamara was among the wickets, returning 2-49 after proving expensive early on.

Any chance the Colts had of achieving 361 was quickly snuffed out by Kexing Su and Zac Gelman. The two quickly dismissed the prolific pair of Jasotharan and Hopgood, and Arunava Das managed only 9 before he was bowled. Bharat and Fitzsimmons staged a miniature comeback, but the demands of the chase were far too much for the Colts after their early losses. Dave Richards cashed in with 5 for 40, by far his best figures in a one-day match, and a continuation of stunning early season form.

Cricket Web Black 360-2 (50 overs)
JE Stedman 151 [137], AP Chaulk 142* [134], GAJ Armstrong 31* [23]
JP McNamara 2-49 [7]

Cricket Web Colts 161 all out (38.2 overs)
P Bharat 47 [63], MW Wilson 27 [39]
DP Richards 5-40 [9.2]

Cricket Web Black won by 199 runs.
Man of the Match: JE Stedman

Cricket Web Green v Cricket Web Blue
PDV Dome

Scorecard
Ball by Ball

The Cricket Web Green batsmen ducked, weaved and jumped on a bouncy PDV surface, and were outclassed by the Cricket Web Blue pace attack, led by captain Sean Fuller. Fuller was the clear leader at the front in taking 4 for 27. He and Dunn shared 5 of the top six batsmen and CW Green collapsed from strength to a 5-wicket defeat.

CW Green started so well that CW Blue delayed the third powerplay until after the 27th over. The score was then 124-3 when Fuller chose to initiate the final powerplay period with an over of his own. He took the wickets of Read and Corrin in his first over, and CW Blue took 4-13 in the 5-over period. The last 8 Green wickets tumbled for 69 runs, though it would have been far worse if not for a surprisingly gritty 34 from Xavier Rose. Cribb too bowled well, though admittedly cashed in on the good work of the seamers. His 3 for 20 were welcome returns for an improving allrounder.

Like their visiting counterparts, the Blues struggled to get on top of the bowling on the lively surface. Rose and McNamara started well, and the latter had both openers out in his opening 8-over spell. But the difference between the two teams was the levels of application. Ullungura, Bowen and Cribb all fashioned fighting 30s. Bowen's was unbeaten on 34, though Cribb was the best of the bunch, and out only 9 runs before victory was achieved. McNamara was one of the few CW Green bowlers to emerge from the game with any genuine credit. His 2-24 could have been even better with more luck.

Cricket Web Green 180 all out (45.5 overs)
RJ Malone 45 [62], XPA Rose 34 [64], NG Scott/A Lezama 25 [25/46]
SE Fuller 4-27 [10], RGEWS Cribb 3-20 [6.5]

Cricket Web Blue 181-5 (44.3 overs)
RGEWS Cribb 38 [45], J Ullungura 36 [45], RF Bowen 34* [67]
EAP McNamara 2-24 [10]

Cricket Web Blue won by 5 wickets.
Man of the Match: SE Fuller

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Fair play to Black. That was a commanding win. Your players really stood up.

Very disapointed to lose that one. We had a chance to go to the bye with confidence high. That has certainly been dealt a blow.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Nice to get another win on the board. Dunn was good again, and I was very happy with my bowling. Second game in a row I've got my best List-A figures.

Good effort with the bat to chase down a moderate score, with Bowen impressive again.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I'm so proud of that win, Stedders and Chaulk continuing their run from the A tour.

Is that the highest List-A score scored in Dev League? I doubt it but there's no harm in asking.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
iirc the final of two or three seasons ago had 2 scores higher than that

edit - season 7

CRICKET WEB RED 368/3 50.0 overs
CW BLACK 372/3 47.5 overs *yay*

there could be higher ones tbh

Last edited:

pasag

RTDAS
Yay, amazing stuff. Stedman and Chaulk playing innings that will be talked about for years to come.

pinchy81

International Vice-Captain
hmmm I could've played better tbh only 2 for 30 but Fuller was right on the money again with his bowling really been the spearhead of our One Day bowling attack tbh