• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Season XII Results and Discussion Thread

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
When you say "15 game days" do you not include the days where nobody plays? I think that's a bit unrealistic if that's the case... should always count those days as it's only logical that a player would still heal over days when no games are played. Also, how do you judge the length of injuries? If it's done in "real time" (eg. if a real life arm break takes x days to heal, then we'll take off that many games) then that's also worth looking at as we need to remember that FC games take five days (even though we play them in a single day) - OD / FC average is therefore about 2.5 days so if an injury was to last 10 days in the real world, it should last 4 days in the Dev League.
So then... 15 game days = 38 real life days = 5-6 weeks, which is generous for torn ankle ligaments.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So then... 15 game days = 38 real life days = 5-6 weeks, which is generous for torn ankle ligaments.
The injury actually called for 38 games, but I decided to cap injuries at 15 in the interest of enjoyment. He's already come off pretty lucky.

Dizzy #4

International 12th Man
What the heck? Did I miss something? There's a long time between posts here, when will the results be posted?

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
May 4

Cricket Web Red v Cricket Web Green
CWBCC Stadium

Scorecard
Ball by Ball

Chris Dwyer continued his outstanding season form with a clutch performance with bat and ball to set up a huge victory for Cricket Web Red over Cricket Web Green. Both teams fought hard throughout the game and the momentum swung dramatically from side to side over its course. But Dwyer scored crucial runs and took timely wickets and played a huge hand in separating the teams.

The Green seamers performed admirably in the first innings of the match, admittedly in overcast conditions after inserting the opposition. It was a steady performance by CW Red though, bolstered largely by David Kearsley's half-century. Continuing his fine form, Kearsley looked on course for a third century in four matches, but lost his way after crossing fifty and was dropped on 57, then dismissed on the same score. He and Dwyer (36) put on 44 for the sixth wicket, but fell in quick succession after Cameron feathered the edge of Kearsley's bat.

Callum Thompson took over and bashed his way to 97 from 88 balls. The entire mood of the game changed as the Reds surged into control. He was caught at mid-off ultimately, a soft dismissal, and Amir followed for 1 in a total of 385 all out. All the seamers, bar Rose, were among the wickets, while Paddy Gundry suffered for 0-73 from 15 overs. In their turn at the crease, the CW Green batting were thoroughly meek. Only Anthony Lezama truly forced notice with his stubborn 73 at the top of the order. Though the majority of the Green batsmen got decent starts, he was the only one to carry on past the second best score of 37. At 185-6 Bryce Cunningham was threatening to give support to Lezama and counterattack to revive the innings. Mørk made the expert bowling change of Dwyer and was rewarded with 3 wickets in 6.2 overs to rush the end of the innings.

With their lead of 154, CW Red hoped to put the game far out of the reach of their opponents. There were other expectations on the minds of the home side, however, and led by Mitchell, the seam attack came to the fore again to have CW Red struggling at 95-7. Dwyer was on 17 then and intent on attacking. Bennett gave excellent support with his 24 from 99 balls, allowing Dwyer to play a lively innings of 84, dropped twice on his way there. The score settled at 196 and the lead imposing at 350.

From there CW Green were never in the game. Ben Read played a gutsy cameo of 35, but only he of the top six reached double figures in a spineless collapse to 122 all out. David Kennett reared the ball up from back of a length on his way to 6 for 29, another telling spell in the career of the great fast bowler.

Cricket Web Red 1st 385 all out (100 overs)
CP Thompson 97, DA Kearsley 57, CR Dwyer 36
AA Cameron 4-66, MT Mitchell 3-74

Cricket Web Green 1st 231 all out (75.2 overs)
A Lezama 73, DD Hogarth 37, AJ Garven 25
MU Amir 3-50, CR Dwyer 3-25

Cricket Web Red 2nd 196 all out (64 overs)
CR Dwyer 84, H Mørk 26, SA Bennett 24
MT Mitchell 4-51, PG Gundry 2-18, AA Cameron 2-34

Cricket Web Green 2nd 122 all out (31.4 overs)
BS Read 35, PG Gundry 23
DM Kennett 6-29, MU Amir 2-30

Cricket Web Red won by 228 runs.
Man of the Match: CR Dwyer

Cricket Web Blue v Cricket Web Colts
Fardin Quyyami Stadium

Scorecard
Ball by Ball

Cricket Web Colts emerged victorious in an extremely hard-fought battle with Cricket Web Blue on one of the most difficult pitches seen this season in Dev League cricket. The characteristically flat Fardin Quyyami Stadium offered lots of assistance to the bowlers and batsmen were made to fight and scrap for their runs through most of the game. Ironically it was a breezy partnership that carried the Colts to victory from a very hard position in the fourth innings of the game.

Pete Young's hundred was the talk of the first innings. In scoring 124 Young held an innings together after it threatened to fade from a bright start of 104 for the first wicket. Thamba Mamesh was in excellent touch and rotated the strike clinically to score 55 from 66 balls, but after he and Young laid the platform, CW Blue looked unlikely to make it count at 226-6. Rhys Williams supported Young well in a partnership of 50 for the seventh wicket, and he was unbeaten on 31 of a score of 297. Again Demeza showed his improved batting in lasting 24 balls for his 1 run. Greg Thomas was outstanding. He took 6 for 71 after a poor early spell.

The Colts produced a more balanced showing with the bat, though it was an innings ridden with frustrating starts. All of the top eight reached double figures, and only Shan Jasotharan looked to carry on. Batting a foot outside his crease and playing through the line, Jasotharan conquered the troublesome pitch with the iconic performance of the innings. He was dropped twice - on 39 and 57 - in his innings of 70, but played the lead role in the Colts reaching 242. May-Quinlan, Collins and Fuller took 3 wickets each, but Demeza was disappointing and ineffective.

For the second time in the match the Blues looked to throw away a good start by the openers. This time Mamesh was first out at 53-1, and Jack Ullungura followed a ball later. Fuller avoided the hattrick, but was bowled by Hancock for 1. Young dug in for his 42, facing 131 balls in his battle, but only Rob Bowen showed any real character otherwise. Bowen did so in style by striking 7 fours in 51 from 38 balls. He eventually received a grubber from Wright and was trapped lbw. Hancock and Wright shared 7 wickets, while Thomas added 2 to his first innings haul. CW Blue were all out for 196, setting a challenging target of 252 for CW Colts.

The Blues bowled with passion and the Colts met the effort with great heart. The battle was enthralling and intense. As Fuller found the edge of Jasotharan's bat, Bowen threw himself forward in the gully to take a fine catch and the CW Blue captain threw his arms up in celebration. The response of the Blues on the field indicated the importance of the wicket, as Jasotharan's influence on the Colts batting fortunes has been so great this season. Then the score was 106-5 and 146 runs were needed for victory. Young Kerr was at the crease in desperate need of runs to establish himself in the Colts lineup. With him was Mike Wilson, the experienced allrounder with a bighitting reputation.

Both players learned from the example of Jasotharan before them, and they batted outside the crease and played with a straight bat. Against the pace of Demeza and May-Quinlan the move paid huge dividends. The ball flew off the bat and both batsmen gained in confidence while structuring an immense partnership of matchwinning proportions. Fuller turned to his impact bowlers with no reward. Demeza suffered 85 runs for no wicket in 15 overs, and May-Quinlan was hardly more effective after he removed Simon Fitzsimmons earlier. Adam Collins was again the pick for CW Blue, but he could manage no more than 2 wickets in his 18.4 overs. Kerr was particularly impressive and was unbeaten on 77 with 10 fours and a six. Wilson wasn't far behind with 73 from 99 balls. The partnership made stunning reading at 146 unbeaten. Given the nature of the pitch and the match before it, the Colts celebrated a tremendous win with great ease.

Cricket Web Blue 1st 297 all out (108 overs)
PE Young 124, T Mamesh 55, RA Williams 31*
GM Thomas 6-71, MW Wilson 2-46

Cricket Web Colts 1st 242 all out (67.4 overs)
S Jasotharan 70, JB Malthus 43
SE Fuller 3-40, AAA Collins 3-41

Cricket Web Blue 2nd 196 all out (69.5 overs)
RF Bowen 51, PE Young 42, T Mamesh 38
NR Hancock 4-35, KS Wright 3-49

Cricket Web Colts 2nd 252-5 (59.5 overs)
WA Kerr 77*, MW Wilson 73*, MR Hopgood 30
AAA Collins 2-54

Cricket Web Colts won by 5 wickets.
Man of the Match: MW Wilson

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Most annoying question ever.
Yeah. I think people need to be more patient. If we want the detailed match summaries to continue, we should just wait for them. I, for one, do not want just the scores, I enjoy Liam's summaries. Please, it is a priviledge to have them, not a right.

You do a great job Liam, please keep it up.

Jaso, mate, love your enthusiasm, it is fantastic, but just need to temper it a bit.

Mister Wright

Fantastic win there Colts. I'd have to say probably our best win in our history.

Congratulations to Kerr for finally stepping up and playing a fantastic innnings. Wilson was great also.

Thomas, as always excellent with the ball and Hancock superb again.

Very happy. :)

EDIT: Always good to see Fuller with the double failure. Unfortunately had an impact with the ball, but can't have it all.

Dizzy #4

International 12th Man
Yeah. I think people need to be more patient. If we want the detailed match summaries to continue, we should just wait for them. I, for one, do not want just the scores, I enjoy Liam's summaries. Please, it is a priviledge to have them, not a right.

Jaso, mate, love your enthusiasm, it is fantastic, but just need to temper it a bit.
All Right, All right, I'll try! I too like his summeries.....

Could've done a little better, must not edge! MUST NOT EDGE! Hmm, i hope I can go on with it next time.

And well done to Kerr, performed where I screwed, brillient stuff!

Last edited:

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
great win fellas, really making the competition know that we are a major threat. Kerry, Thomas, Jaso and Hancock great stuff.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Geez that was awful, 1-111 and getting bowled out for below 250 in both innings. One word. Dire. On both a team and personal basis.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Another loss for the Blue disappointing. In the 4 day games I bat like a one dayer.. 26 (17) and 51 (38).

Dydl

International Debutant

I also want both the scores and the detailed match summaries, which I imagine would take a while to write. Great job with them, Liam.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
That was a bit disappointing, managed to throw away what should have been a winning position. Good performances from PY and a few others, but not enough collectively. Getting frustrated at my inability to take more than two or three wickets at a time.

Perm

Didn't get a bowl and I made 23 runs in the match, it's just not good enough. Good to get a win under our belts.

David

International 12th Man
Excellent work guys, well played especially to Dwyer and Thompson, providing excellent batting depth :)

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
I'm in rotten form. :D

Never mind, we still managed to beat one of the in-form teams, a win over Colts should see us back in the running for something I reckon.