• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Season XII Results and Discussion Thread

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Yeah why was that? Liam stuff up-ski?
Gray kept last game + Gray not playing this game -> sim not having a keeper and getting all confused.

Disappointing stuff in the OD - had expected to see Rob hit out a lot more than he did, barely managed a boundary. Too many dot balls for me, too. In the end we were outdone by a better batsman. :(

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Gray kept last game + Gray not playing this game -> sim not having a keeper and getting all confused.
Yea, and Kearsley is the best of the non-wk fielders.

I actually adjusted it as it should be, but had to close ITC and start again before a ball was bowled, as I'd forgotten to clear the morale. The second time I forgot to adjust it. Oops.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Great bowling performance and a solid chase.

Goff will be a big loss, but it gives some of the younger guys a chance to cement a long-term place in the team.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
gutted to play two dire rounds, time to go back to the nets for me and hit some balls!

Draw seems fairly oke, gutted with the loss in the one dayer :(

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Excellent win lads, shaping up to be a great OD season.

Personally, pleased to do well in what was, I think, my first competitive game for Green.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
May 11

Cricket Web Blue v Cricket Web Green
CWBCC Stadium

Scorecard
Scorecard

Whatever seam movement there was in the surface at the CWBCC Stadium quickly disappeared and batsmen rejoiced in a highscoring draw. Bowlers and fielders struggled (22 catches were dropped in the match) on a pitch that saw almost 1500 runs scored for the loss of only 29 wickets.

Andy Cameron and Xavier Rose looked in sharp form for a while in the first innings of the game. And even with the rebuilding effort of Pete Young (44) and Alex Crampton (38), the Blues were in great strife at 117-5. The situation allowed Sean Fuller and Liam Camps the opportunity to fight their way into form with tough half-centuries. And before the 82-run partnership for the 7th wicket, Rob Bowen sliced his way to 37 from 32 balls, with 5 fours. Perhaps the most impressive contributor of the innings, however, was Adam Collins, whose 34 lasted 136 balls at the number nine position.

In response to a total of 322, CW Green were tested constantly by the probing left-arm bowling of Collins. While the raw pace of Demeza and May-Quinlan was harshly dispatched, Collins remained collected and steady. He was rewarded with 5 wicket and played a big role in keeping the Greens in check. Still, flashy half-centuries from Nick Scott, Andrew Garven and Ben Read lit up the CWBCC Stadium and delighted the home crowd. CW Green were all out for 335, claiming a lead of 13 in what looked to be a tight contest.

So many times this season already CW Blue have thrown away a competitive position with a loose second innings performance. But this time there would be no such lament. Mamesh set the pace, dropped early and going on to score 54 from 59 balls. Though DeSilva was out cheaply for a second time in the game, Robert Cribb recovered from his first innings first-ball duck to score his third first-class hundred of the season. It was an exceptional innings, though bettered by Young's ton at the other end. The two added 221 for the third wicket and essentially put the game out of the reach of CW Green. Crampton, Fuller and Camps contributed usefully from there in, and the innings was called closed at 426-6.

CW Green set out to chase 414 for victory. First the openers survived one over on day four, then the battle resumed on the final day. However, the Blues never looked in the game. Instead utter domination was dealt by CW Green, primarily Scott and Garven. Of a total of 344-3 by match end, Scott scored an immense 136. Garven was equally stunning, but far less fortunate. He was unbeaten on 99 when the umpires harshly enforced the game end.

Cricket Web Blue 1st 322 all out (127 overs)
LA Camps 68, SE Fuller 52, PE Young 44
AA Cameron 4-58, BC Cunningham 3-58

Cricket Web Green 1st innings 335 all out (88.2 overs)
BS Read 64, AJ Garven 62, NG Scott 59, M Corrin 44
AAA Collins 5-66, SE Fuller 3-53

Cricket Web Blue 2nd 426-4 dec. (134 overs)
PE Young 134, RGEWS Cribb 123, T Mamesh 54
PG Gundry 3-70, BC Cunningham 2-76

Cricket Web Green 2nd 344-3 (93 overs)
NG Scott 136, AJ Garven 99*, A Lezama 49
SE Fuller 1-52

Match drawn.
Man of the Match: NG Scott

Cricket Web Colts v Cricket Web Black
Pickford

Scorecard
Scorecard

Daniel Smith led from the front as Cricket Web Black crushed Cricket Web Colts by 9 wickets in front of a vocal home crowd. The Blacks entered the game needing to win to stay in the title race, and they did so in huglely impressive fashion against this season's best Dev League team. Smith scored his first hundred of the season to set up the large victory.

For Smith it had been a season of quality and frustration, with lots of runs but no hundred. But on his day he dealt out punishment to most all the offerings of the Colts bowlers. Smith scored 169, belting even the likes of Kyle Wright for effortless sixes when well-set. The innings bettered his 99 earlier this season and was only his 4th ton in 49 first-class games. The other major player in an innings of 555 all out was fellow opener Arnold. The first wicket pairing added 227 and Arnold was chanceless and fluent in an innings of 108. Aside from the openers, no one crossed 50, though practically all of CW Black contributed to the massive score.

As is often the case, the pitch looked a lot livelier once the Colts got their turn on it. After the score faltered at 73-4, Butler and Kerr were called to rescue action. Both did so admirably with half-centuries. Then, especially due to some composed batting by Nick Hancock, CW Colts pushed on to 248 all out. They still trailed by 307 runs, however, and were consequently asked to follow-on. The last time Smith enforced the follow-on, on his captaincy debut, Cricket Web Blue responded by batting well enough to force a draw. But there was still no hesitation by the CW Black captain.

The response of Simon Fitzsimmons, against his old club, was an innings of 130 that showcased the best of the great man. But there was no genuine support. Only one other Colts players emerged from the 30s. That was Mike Wilson, though he made his success count in reaching 69 from 82 balls. He was out attempting to attack Nath Patrick, but instead top-edged a front-footed slog. CW Colts surrendered for 395, meaning that CW Black needed only a target of 89. Smith and Arnold attacked the total as expected. Smith was the lone casualty, as less than 30 overs were needed to achieve victory.

Cricket Web Black 1st 555 all out (168 overs)
DP Smith 169, AR Arnold 107, AP Chaulk 49, GAJ Armstrong 46
KS Wright 3-111, GM Thomas 3-113

Cricket Web Colts 1st 248 all out (86 overs)
CR Butler 60, WA Kerr 53
NA Borcich 5-74, NL Patrick 3-52

Cricket Web Colts 2nd (f/o) 395 all out (121.3 overs)
SG Fitzsimmons 130, MW Wilson 69
NA Borcich 3-76, NS Pickup 3-92

Cricket Web Black 2nd 90-1 (28.4 overs)
AR Arnold 46*, DP Smith 30
MW Wilson 1-8

Cricket Web Black won by 9 wickets.
Man of the Match: DP Smith

oz_fan

International Regular
Best performance from Black this season. Smith and Arnold are forming a great opening partnership and the bowlers are starting to take wickets. Congrats to the team.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
3/4 draws lately, i got a felling its going to take some gun bowling performances or dire batting performances to get results ATMs. Hopefully its just a bad couple games for some bowlers.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Certainly some high scoring games lately.

Another ton for myself though so I won't complain about the pitches, lol. Certainly my best season to date.

Better performance from Blue but certainly unconvincing with the ball.

PY

International Coach
Collins, what a performance on that pitch. A michelle is a quality effort!

Happy with my personal performance though we really need to start winning games Blue, improvements in all quarters is required. :)