• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Season XII Results and Discussion Thread

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
G'work Colts. Wasn't quite a complete domination but was still a great effort. Happy to pick up 5 personally.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
:laugh: I can't do well when the team does. (Mind, we should have managed to bowl them out for 252.)

Tied with Black for second place on the table now, I think. Uh oh.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Jeez we've had some amazing games with Blue this season. Gutted not to win but Markus and Cloete in the runs makes me so happy. Hopefully they continue.

Travis_Teh

International Regular
Crikey, the rivlary with Black continues.

I agree with Gelman, damn the rain. That game deserved a result.

Ad's a workhorse hey. Happy that i'm still taking wickets, shame about hte run rate and average, though.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Tough loss fellas. Top batting from Mork, and a solid effort from Bennett with the ball in the 1st innings.

Travis_Teh

International Regular
Updated Table (Mork was correct):

Code:
Team	Played	Won	Lost	Drawn	Tied	Bat	Bowl	Points
Colts	9	5	2	2	0	20	24	122
Red	9	4	4	1	0	25	25	110
Black	9	3	2	4	0	28	24	110
Blue	9	2	3	4	0	27	26	97
Green	8	1	4	3	0	21	22	69
Red have one more win than Black, so they'd be second.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Happy with my performance and more than happy to see us back in winning ways. :) Fitzy continuing his form, Jaso finding a bit of his again and the bowlers did really well.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Fantastic win for the Colts there, and great way to kick off the second half of the season. Glad we didn't let the first innings advantage slip. Very happy.

SupaFreak2005

International Vice-Captain
Yup, look at those tables... I thought we might have been somwhere near the bottom by now.. Damn shame... we'll recover somehow I'm sure.

GOOOOO BLUES!

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
May 20

Cricket Web Green v Cricket Web Colts
Fardin Qayyumi Cricket Centre

Scorecard
Ball by Ball

Yet again Cricket Web Green won in tense and tight circumstances, squeezing past Cricket Web Colts this time by 1 wicket at the Fardin Qayyumi CC. Tom Halsey and Xavier Rose played exceptionally, but it was Bryce Cunningham who was powerful under fire, clubbing two boundaries in an unbeaten 13, and seeing the Greens home.

The game was well set up by the Colts earlier. Though the middle order showed great promise with all of Das, Butler, Bharat and Kerr reaching the 20s, no one seemed willing to carry on. The Greens got regular breakthroughs, largely through Halsey's spin, and also restricted Shan Jasotharan to a boundaryless vigil of 71 balls at the top of the order. All hopes of getting to a competitive table rested on the shoulders of the lower order by the time Mike Wilson came to the crease at 152-5. The CW XI Test allrounder showed his worth in the limited overs game, rotating the strike clinically and hitting two fours and an enormous six in an innings of 46 not out from 41 balls. The Colts got to 245-9 in their 50-over alotment.

Defending the total looked a far more difficult proposal, as the Colts seamers have struggled of late. CW Green cruised to 28-0 after 6 overs, but Bochat pulled things back by pegging back Garven's offstump for 15. Nick Scott and Ben Read were run out, and Anthony Lezama was trapped lbw by Jack McNamara for 10, and suddenly the innings looked heavily lopsided at 60-4. However, Darren Dubb-Lynch remained at the crease and continued to show the exceptional form he has had all season. He and Martyn Corrin added 72 in 13.2 overs, swinging the momentum back to even ground when Corrin was caught behind attempting to cut Weber.

As McNamara returned to bowl Dubb-Lynch for 77, the game was back with the Colts. CW Green needed 93 runs from 108 balls and the lower order was charged with the responsibility. But they handled the pressure well. First Halsey and Rose lay the platform with contrasting styles in a composed stand of 50, then Rose and Cameron pushed the total closed with a 20-run showing. Cunningham joined Rose with 23 needed from 33 balls, and started immediately by slashing Weber over backward point for a boundary. Bochat had Rose caught behind to start the 48th over, meaning that Ethan McNamara would have to ****** Cunningham at the end of the chase.

Just one wicket to get, the Colts threw their everything into the game, utilizing Hancock and Bochat, but to no avail. CW Green got home with singles to continue their excellent one-day run.

Cricket Web Colts 245-9 (50 overs)
MW Wilson 46* (41), S Jasotharan 45 [71], CR Butler 27 [32]
TC Halsey 3-40 [10], BC Cunningham 2-41 [10]

Cricket Web Green 246-9 (49.2 overs)
DY Dubb-Lynch 77 [93], TC Halsey 38 [40], M Corrin/XPA Rose 27 [34/52]
TV Weber 2-32 [5], T Bochat 2-38 [9.2], JP McNamara 2-56 [10]

Cricket Web Green won by 1 wicket.
Man of the Match: TC Halsey

Cricket Web Red v Cricket Web Black
Pickford Oval

Scorecard
Ball by Ball

An encouraging show of dominance cited Cricket Web Black at the peak of their powers and Cricket Web Red was no match, losing by 9 wickets at the Pickford Reserve. The new ball pairing of Nath Patrick and Kev Gough were brilliant, and the Reds never recovered from an early collapse. By the end of the 16th over, CW Red were reeling at 62-6.

The Reds chose to bat first on what has typically been a spin-friendly surface, but were met with some sharp and aggressive fast bowling by the Blacks. The visitors had no answers. Patrick dug in early with changes of pace accounting for the wickets of Bennett and Dauth, then it was Gough who took over the charge. His opening spell was nothing short of breathtaking. At good pace he nipped the ball away from and back into the right handers and demolished the middle order to take 4-28 from his first 8 overs.

If not for the efforts of Mørk (29) against the spinners, it may well have been a harsher fate. The captain received good support from the lower order, particularly Kingsley Clapham, and CW Red managed to crawl to 145 all out in the 47th over. Gough returned to take the final wicket, dismissing Dave Watt and ending with a second 5-wicket haul of the season.

The rest of the game was a fair formality. Spurred on by talks of a one-day international call-up, James Stedman was at his flawless best. He and Markus demolished the Red opening attack, piling on 68 runs in 11 overs. Markus edged Watt behind for 24, but there were no more casualties in the chase. Stedman continued to dominate, reaching 52 with consecutive boundaries off Watt. Cloete was dropped by Dwyer when he had 31, but by then the result was all but decided. He finished the game in the following over, flicking Robbins over midwicket for 3 runs.

Cricket Web Red 145 all out (46.5 overs)
H Mørk 29 [67], MD Luff 25 [38], KR Clapham 23 [46]
KJ Gough 5-30 [9.5], DP Richards 2-31 [10], NL Patrick 2-35 [10]

Cricket Web Black 146-1 (21.3 overs)
JE Stedman 69* [57], AP Cloete 38* [37], I Markus 24 [35]
DJ Watt 1-50 [7]

Cricket Web Black won by 9 wickets.
Man of the Match: KJ Gough