• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Season XII Results and Discussion Thread

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Hahahaha Borcich.

:@ is all I have to say really. Clutes and Chaulk were gun and Donald making the first AR spot above Dav his with some good bowling, but jeez, no one seems to be able to stand up when they need to win us a game. Think that's draws now, and I've got nfi what to do to stop them. Rain doesn't help.

Gough toiled but looked largely inneffective, but will get another go.

Travis_Teh

International Regular
Excellent win, Blue!
Stringing a few together now!

:)

With those 11 wickets, I think i'm one ahead of Thomas now, after the same amount of matches. Har har Geg :p (I won't be laughing last, though :()

So chuffed to make another 4 runs off 42 balls :) Now I know how it feels to contribute with the bat, and it only took 5 seasons.

Travis_Teh

International Regular
Updated Table:

Code:
Team	Played	Won	Lost	Drawn	Tied	Bat	Bowl	Points
Blue	11	4	3	4	0	32	32	136
Black	11	3	2	6	0	37	29	132
Colts	10	5	2	3	0	21	27	130
Red	10	4	5	1	0	27	28	115
Green	10	1	5	4	0	28	27	85
Few changes there.

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
Yep, really couldve came away with the win there Reds. Sorry Hak, looks like that match was strart city for me. Hopefulyl can reignite some form and get back into the higher scores. Not 100% sure, may have notched 1000 runs in that game if not id be sneaking closer to it anyway.

Well played Redapalli, made the most of your rare FC game. Realyl need to win the next FC game to get back in touch with the top 3.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
On top! Unbelievable. Just shows how close the competition is that we can go from struggling to top of the table with a pair of good performances.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Haha FFS. I get the new ball and concede over 120 runs. Fair effort from Cloete though.

oz_fan

International Regular
Disappointing not to win that match.. We just don't seem to be able to put teams away. Happy with my bowling and I managed to contribute with the bat as well. Chaulk and Cloete batted superbly. Hopefully we'll get a win in the next game.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Disappointed to continue our streak without a victory in FC but at least we never lost this time. Maybe we can turn a draw into a victory next time out.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Updated Table:

Code:
Team	Played	Won	Lost	Drawn	Tied	Bat	Bowl	Points
Blue	11	4	3	4	0	32	32	136
Black	11	3	2	6	0	37	29	132
Colts	10	5	2	3	0	21	27	130
Red	10	4	5	1	0	27	28	115
Green	10	1	5	4	0	28	27	85
Few changes there.
Some important games coming up. That one wicket loss to Green might hurt us come the end of the sesaon. Need more batting and bowling points too.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
our first innings...
Lezama 50 off 253 balls
Corrin 74 off 300
Halsey 83 from 260

Poor performance with the ball rather then the bat for once... One day we will work ouselves out.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Hmm, disappointed with my bowling first innings, however didn't really expect to make two fifties.

Probably a bit lucky to get away with a draw there Greens, need to bowl better, however when Cloete gets in there ofte isn't a lot you can do.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
May 24

Cricket Web Black v Cricket Web Colts
Fardin Qayyumi CC

Scorecard
Ball by Ball

James Stedman and Ash Chaulk continued their race to Cricket Web XI colours, battering the Colts attack in an extraordinary 10-wicket win. Both batsmen were at their peak, in the form of their careers. They put on 255 runs to win the game with almost 15 overs to spare.

The Colts were savaged and entirely outplayed by their guests. Though the target was potentially challenging, Stedman and Chaulk approached it with extreme confidence, and barring their play against Greg Thomas, they scarcely showed respect for any of the attack Daniel Towns threw their way. The much-celebrated spin pairing of McNamara and Weber conceded figures of 7-0-61-0, though the six other bowlers also suffered in turn. Yet it was not bad bowling by the Colts, but rather a spectacularly arrogant performance by batsmen in a class of their own.

Stedman's hundred took 79 balls, whilst Chaulk was a lot slower in taking 96 balls for his. Only one chance came in the innings, a dropped catch by Butler off the bowling of Towns and the batting of Stedman. But by then the opening pairing had reduced the requirement to 51 from 120 balls and the game was all but over. As a last measure of insult, Chaulk finished the game with a straight six over Bochat's head.

Earlier the Colts played well in the same conditions, but on a day when 'good' was never going to be enough. Shan Jasotharan and Daniel Towns put on 124 for the first wicket, and perhaps the Colts should then have gone on to a score close to 300 than their eventual 254-7. However, in hindsight, it hardly would have mattered. Kev Gough took 3 more wickets, but did not bowl as well as hoped. Dave Richards was then the best bowler on show, though his figures suffered late in his spell. At the top, Jasotharan's 73 set things up, then Mike Wilson down the order carried the Colts to their sporting total. He scored 38 not out from 24 balls. Had he, and his peers, performed as well with the ball, we may not have seen such a lopsided affair.

Cricket Web Colts 254-7 (50 overs)
S Jasotharan 73 [99], DP Towns 41 [72], MW Wilson 38* [24]
KJ Gough 3-56, DP Richards 2-53, ZE Gelman 2-59

Cricket Web Black 255-0 (35.1 overs)
JE Stedman 125* [106], AP Chaulk 118* [105]

Cricket Web Black won by 10 wickets.
Man of the Match: JE Stedman

Cricket Web Green v Cricket Web Blue
PDV Dome

Scorecard
Ball by Ball

Robert Cribb and Ben Wilshere played close to the innings of their careers, guiding Cricket Web Blue back from seeming certain defeat to a 4-wicket victory over Cricket Web Green. After the Blues struggled at 145-6 and chasing 247 to win, Cribb and Wilshere added 102 unbroken in their brave rearguard.

It was not a partnership of boundaries or of tame singles, but rather of balance. In realizing that the run rate requirement hovered around an achievable 5 for the entirety of the game, the batsmen utilized their speed between the wickets and played sensibly in calmly edging toward the total. Matt Smith, Ryan Dunn and Travis Demeza were the men left to enter after the 7th wicket fall, so the partnership was absolutely crucial to success. Dinu DeSilva set up the innings earlier, but was out too soon with 52 to his name. Mitchell was the outstanding seamer on the day. He bowled Camps for 24, then removed Crampton for a painless 5. Cunningham got Bowen for 1, and with 6 wickets in the bag, CW Green would have backed themselves and their table-topping form to close out the game. Patience and heart denied them, however, and Cribb and Wilshere scored 65 and 53 respectively.

For CW Green, such a total as 246-8 owed much to the efforts of Nick Scott and Anthony Lezama. After their second wicket stand of 121, the innings was on track for something immense. Martyn Corrin continued the momentum with 27 from 15, but Camps took his and 3 other wickets late in the innings, limiting the extent of damage. Ben Read was unbeaten at the end, though he only faced 11 balls and scored 14 runs.

As Xavier Rose struck in his first over, removing Sean Fuller to a slip catch, it looked another route for CW Blue. But the spirit that has won them recent first-class fixtures was finally transferred to the one-day format, handing the Greens a rare defeat.

Cricket Web Green 246-8 (50 overs)
NG Scott 80 [105], A Lezama 73 [117], M Corrin 27 [15]
LA Camps 4-40 [10], MJ Smith 2-58 [10]

Cricket Web Blue 247-6 (48.2 overs)
RGEWS Cribb 65* [84], BL Wilshere 53* [64], MW DeSilva 52 [64]
MT Mitchell 2-39 [10]

Cricket Web Blue won by 4 wickets.
Man of the Match: RGEWS Cribb

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Haha, fair play to Blacks. Too good on the day.

My bowling has been pretty poor the last week or so. Struggling to hold a spot.