• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Black Thread

ash chaulk

International Captain
Been thinking about the OD game against Bangaz. With no points on offer towards the championship i thought it could be an opportunity for players to rest and a few rookies to get a game. Would also see this as a game for a certain opener to prove he would be a worthy contender to the ODI team. Gough, Pickup, Cloete left out due to the fact that they should be automatic selections to the ODI team. I'll post this link in the Bangaz tourin thread because i dont see it as official. I think we could discuss this as a group. With smithy only able to log on from Uni i dont know when he'll be on next. So anyways.... Discuss.

JE Stedman+
AR Arnold
AJ Blackman
CR McMeekin (6)
GAJ Armstrong
DP Smith*
ZE Gelman (2)
DP Richards (4)
GM Roberts (5)
BB Fox (3)
Kexing Su (1)

12th- Donald
13th- Gough
14th- Chaulk

Pretty much same tactics as usual OD'ers but with different players. Would like to Bat First

Last edited:

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
I'd be wicketkeeping and Donald should play alongside Gelman I think. Maybe give Richards a break...he's done well so far. Although the two spinners thing goes pretty well. Donald in for Smith then?

ash chaulk

International Captain
I'd be wicketkeeping and Donald should play alongside Gelman I think. Maybe give Richards a break...he's done well so far. Although the two spinners thing goes pretty well. Donald in for Smith then?
Your bowling in the last OD game was great. Its a big help to the team if we need to call on you. Smith's one of the best fielders in the team so he could keep so you can bowl.

Could pull Richards out for Donald?

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
One good game. My career record is still inferior to Smith's and I'm in the database as a wicketkeeper now afaik. It should be the other way around.

The team's alright though. If there's no room for Donald then that's the end of it.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Good to see guys getting an opportunity in the tour game. IMO, give as many young inexperienced guys as possible a chance to shine

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
After dominating OD in the 3rd quarter, joint winners of the Black Player of the 3rd Quarter award are Ash Chaulk and Kev Gough. Both have put in huge performances in their respective skills, pushing both their cases for the ODI side. They ended tied on 10 points apiece, with Andy Cloete and Ian Markus tied for 2nd behind them with 7 points each. Dominating winner of the second quarter award, James Stedman, trailed in 3rd with 5 points.

Congrats to both Ash and Kev, hopefully they can both push on for higher honours.

Cloete

International Captain
Very well deserved. Both in simply awesome form.

Disappointing loss to Red though considering we were really in the box seat after the 1st innings'. Credit to Thommo though who showed us up.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Nice work guys, a good run out there against the tourists. Good to see players taking their chances when offered. Oh and well batted Skip :)