• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Grade Cricket Season XII

w3lshrugby

School Boy/Girl Captain
Been reading this the whole season instead of posting, and after a brilliant start, I've become a bit of an average bowler - oh well. Shame we lost top-spot too.

David

International 12th Man
Unfortunately probably won't get a chance to sim any games until Sunday, as I won't be home, so hopefully I'll get a few sone then.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Announcement on rookies

Three players were signed by club teams today:

James Griffen joins the Gofftown Tigers, a team that has been struggling wildly in the batting department all season. Meanwhile, Garven Island Sharks finally secure the services of a man likely to play for them, as bowler David Pares has signed on for a considerable sum. Finally, Heath Davis joins the Pickford Panthers in an attempt to land the entire Black bowling attack at the club.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Round 26 - OD - 24 May

Campsfield Braves v Greater Robbham de Grooters
in Camps Field

Scorecard
Ball By Ball

Campsfield pros: Dubb-Lynch, Gooljar, Collins

A prime example of a botched chase. The Robbham amateurs lacked hitting power.

Campsfield Braves (8pts) beat Greater Robbham de Grooters (0pts) by eight runs
Man of the Match: D. Y. Dubb-Lynch (Campsfield)

Davistow Darters v Twybridge Titans
in Heathridge Oval

Scorecard
Ball By Ball

Davistow pros: Ritchie, Raghav
Twybridge pros: Thompson (lightly injured), Donald, Forner

Raghav invited to feast on the Twybridge tail, but was hit about too; this set a challenging total of 207 to win. A resurgent Ritchie made 73 before the wheels fell off, courtesy of Blake Donald, who struck four times in a remarkable collapse.

Twybridge Titans (9pts) beat Davistow Darters (0pts) by 25 runs
Man of the Match: B. C. Donald (Twybridge)

Edfield Seahawks v Maddington Frenzy
in CWBCC Stadium

Scorecard
Ball By Ball

Edfield pros: Rai, Nayak, Borcich, Clapham
Maddington pros: Sharma, McMeekin, Syed, May-Quinlan, Payne. Youth: Malone jnr.

Clapham shone brightly, taking five for 42 including the vital wickets of Malone and McMeekin, as the Frenzy looked to slip to a rare defeat. However, their bowlers took them back in it, with Malone jnr. nabbing three for 20 as the Seahawks crashed to 142 for nine, still requiring 30 for the win. Amateurs Baber and Banik managed it in the penultimate over.

Edfield Seahawks (8pts) beat Maddington Frenzy (0pts) by one wicket
Man of the Match: K. R. Clapham (Edfield)

Fitzworthingham Broncos v Garven Island Sharks
in Simmons Park

Scorecard
Ball By Ball

Fitzworthingham pros: Ullungura, Arnold, Hogarth, Kerr, Speirs, Wright, Williams, E McNamara
Garven Island pros: Fitzsimmons, Pares

A certain inevitability about this result; once Fitzsimmons went, lbw to Wright, the rest fell easily and the Sharks crashed to 101, despite rookie Pares making an unbeaten 16. He also took two wickets, but was slogged about and taken off, and the Broncos won inside 13.3 overs.

Fitzworthingham Broncos (12pts) beat Garven Island Sharks (0pts) by eight wickets
Man of the Match: K. S. Wright (Fitzworthingham)

Nixonstown Foxes v Gofftown Tigers
in Cw Oval

Scorecard
Ball By Ball

Nixonstown pros: Dravid, +Gray, Fox, Gundry, Shah
Gofftown pros: Griffen, Malthus, Dwyer

Gofftown struggled to 200, with Gundry and Shah taking wickets at will. A minor collapse followed from 131 for one, but a Harmi-wide from Nash settled the game.

Nixonstown Foxes (8pts) beat Gofftown Tigers (0pts) by three wickets
Man of the Match: Manan Shah (Nixonstown)

Pickford Panthers v Stedingham Jets
in Pickford Reserve

Scorecard
Ball By Ball

Pickford pros: Roberts, Davis, Su
Stedingham pros: Mamesh, +Gaukroger

One side with only bowlers, the other with only batsmen. (It didn't stop the Jets captain, who ordered Mamesh to send down ten overs of slow dribbles; it yielded two maidens.) The bowlers of Pickford won, largely thanks to Su's tormenting spell, worth six for 38.

Pickford Panthers (8pts) beat Stedingham Jets (0pts) by nine runs
Man of the Match: Kexing Su (Pickford)

Last edited:

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
the only time i'll ever be going for the Sharks against the Broncos, shock horror it didnt end well

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Haven't really checked this thread much, so I might be missing something, but since I've not played the last few OD games for Greens, should I be playing in grade now?

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Haven't really checked this thread much, so I might be missing something, but since I've not played the last few OD games for Greens, should I be playing in grade now?
You would if we weren't five days behind schedule. :) You'll play grade the round after next.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Is there a league table for the grade cricket?

Code:
Team		P	W	L	D	T	BP	Pts
Fitzworthingham	26	19	6	1	0	71	262
Twybridge	26	18	6	2	0	76	258
Maddington	26	17	7	2	0	74	256
Nixonstown	26	14	9	3	0	47	184
Campsfield	26	11	9	6	0	60	182
Edfield		26	11	12	3	0	53	170
Stedingham	26	11	12	3	0	46	167
Robbham		26	8	16	1	1	43	138
Davistow	26	9	13	4	0	37	137
Gofftown	26	9	15	2	0	35	121
Pickford	26	8	15	3	0	28	105
Garven Island	26	1	16	8	1	31	67
Pretty close race.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
what a close game, sorry to loose by 1 wicket happy with my own performance but so close....