• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Michael Vaughan is awesome

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Gutted I missed it. I do enjoy some handbags at dawn (not the Tana Umaga/Chris Masoe kind though).

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Read a bit of it, basically it was the same old stuff that we all get sick of. Let's hope both parties grow up soon enough.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Is there any point in continuing this? What purpose does it serve exactly? Absolutely nothing in my book.

Get the topic back on track.

Perm

Michael Vaughan is incredibly good to watch when he gets going, and I found it interesting to note he has one of the best conversion rates from 50's to 100's.

HeathDavisSpeed

And yes, IMO Mark Taylor is a very, very underrated batsman. Probably not quite up there with Australia's very best but better than both Hayden and Langer-the-opener, certainly. Probably better than Slater too, though Slater is one of my favourite Australian batsmen.

Ian Healy, too, was a bit more than a "handy number-seven" for quite some time, too. :) He was a damn superb lower-order batsman for much of his career, and also pretty hopeless at the start of it.
There's a whole other topic in what you've said here; and one that'd fully support. I hate to say it - being from NZ - but Tayls and Healy were two top notch players. One of them was a really decent guy too, and the other... well, he had a lot to say on the pitch, shall we say ;) Still, two of the best cricketers from the 90s in my opinion.

grecian

Never has someone's commentary/pundit career turned me off a player I liked/Loved more than Vaughan.

Beefy was always a bit of a Tory idjit when he played, so was not surprised how he turned out. Warne destroyed my soul in so much cricket, but I genuinely thought he would have been a great Oz captain, but his blather and repetitive nonsense has made me firmly in the Oz selectors were right camp.

grecian

re-read this thread, gawd it reminds me why I don't miss Richard, FCA, Collingwood-hating, getting people to attack him by being utterly unreasonable, then those people being told off, when he's clearly trolling, his enablers were worse than him IMHO. Made this place the Richard Show, and it was basically intentionally as funny as he was.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Never has someone's commentary/pundit career turned me off a player I liked/Loved more than Vaughan.

Beefy was always a bit of a Tory idjit when he played, so was not surprised how he turned out. Warne destroyed my soul in so much cricket, but I genuinely thought he would have been a great Oz captain, but his blather and repetitive nonsense has made me firmly in the Oz selectors were right camp.
Obviously before our time, but I remember chatting with a much older Yorkshire fan who'd loved Trueman as a player but absolutely loathed him as a commentator and pundit.

grecian

Obviously before our time, but I remember chatting with a much older Yorkshire fan who'd loved Trueman as a player but absolutely loathed him as a commentator and pundit.
Yeah, think Laker may have had some with similar thoughts, along with Alec Bedser, miserable "it was all better in my day" types.