• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Afro-Asian Cup

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
There was more Kenyans in the African side than South Africans. :sleep:

Fingers crossed the ODI can be more competitive.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Cricinfo.com "Africa XI (probable): 1 AB de Villiers, 2 Vusi Sibanda, 3 Boeta Dippenaar, 4 Steve Tikolo, 5 Justin Kemp (capt) 6 Mark Boucher (wk), 7 Thomas Odoyo, 8 Shaun Pollock, 9 Andrew Hall, 10 Morne Morkel, 11 Peter Ongondo. "

Wasn’t Andrew Hall withdrawn from the squad last week and replaced by Morne Morkel’s older brother Albie? And Justin Kemp as captain is rather left field.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Cricinfo.com "Africa XI (probable): 1 AB de Villiers, 2 Vusi Sibanda, 3 Boeta Dippenaar, 4 Steve Tikolo, 5 Justin Kemp (capt) 6 Mark Boucher (wk), 7 Thomas Odoyo, 8 Shaun Pollock, 9 Andrew Hall, 10 Morne Morkel, 11 Peter Ongondo. "

Wasn’t Andrew Hall withdrawn from the squad last week and replaced by Morne Morkel’s older brother Albie? And Justin Kemp as captain is rather left field.
Edit- There is no mention of Hall's absence over at BBC in regard to Kent team news for the County Championship game against Yorkshire.

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
As far as I know (and I'd better be right), Hall has stayed with Kent as his contract with South Africa doesn't stretch to him having to play in this series.

sohummisra

U19 Debutant
The ODI team seems much stronger although one must keep in mind that Pollock will only be playing as a batsman.

atisha_ro

U19 12th Man
looks too one-sided for me... even as a thirsty beginner in the game i think i begin to select matches and this one might as well be skipped - after i've watched a few balls to see how it goes.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Asian batting dominating here. Found it interesting to see that Jayasuriya has almost 400 ODI's under his belt.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
God this African attack is atrocious. Morne Morkel, Odoyo, Chigumbura, Albie Morkel, Tikolo and Kemp are all pretty average bowlers.

sohummisra

U19 Debutant
I think the batting has a chance to knock this one over. If de Villiers can get them off to a good start.... oh wait, de Villiers is gone. Dippenaar and Tikolo is a decent middle order and Boucher and Kemp could probably light up the lower order along with Chigumbura. It should be tough, though.

jeevan

International 12th Man
Seems Harbhajan cant even buy a wicket

Not even in an inconsequential one-sided match like this. Not even to save his career.