• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official** West Indies in England***

UncleTheOne

U19 Captain
bored tbh of the sky commentators and parts of the media who still believe harmison is a world class bowler just waiting for something to click and that plunkett is some great white hope.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Poor Matty Prior, you've got to feel sorry for him, and bizarrely this over will go down as a maiden on Harmis analysis:wacko:

How Bowden didn't give any wides there was ridiculous, maybe he's finding it as painful to watch as us, and doesn't want to see any extra deliveries:unsure:

simmy

International Regular
God. Someone just injure Harmison so that he will deffo not play next week.

What a joke. WHat an embarassment. This is PATHETIC.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
As Gower and Atherton have just touched on, it must be REALLY frustrating for a batsman to face this sort of rubbish and not actually have the chance to score many runs. :unsure:

simmy

International Regular
Harmison is making Plunkett look like the best bowler in the world at the moment. I am just stunned that he still is wearing an England shirt.

On this topic, seeing Alan Donald in one is plain funny!

atisha_ro

U19 12th Man
i must reckon, after almost an hour of watching, that cricket must have played a big role in creating the English humour style.

Benny2k1

U19 12th Man
Its all good looking to the future, but if this is englands future am emmigrating

David Gower : "Matt Prior needs a stunt double"

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I really wish someone else was doing today's report, TBH... I can only see WI messing this up, and in that eventuality I'll struggle to avoid at some point saying something along the lines of "some of the worst bowling you could possibly wish to see was somehow outdone by some batting which allowed it to get wickets".

Not so sure about the last bit. We've wasted the new ball and these guys look like they could build a respectable reply.

Perhaps simply ignore the match situation and write about England's bowling crisis?

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Harmison is making Plunkett look like the best bowler in the world at the moment. I am just stunned that he still is wearing an England shirt.
Barring the biggest comeback since Lazarus, surely this is the end of the road though.

EDIT
Cue his 2nd wicket. Ah well ....

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
i must reckon, after almost an hour of watching, that cricket must have played a big role in creating the English humour style.
I sympathise with you. What an awful way to make some of your first forays into Test watching! :(

Please don't desert us, I promise you, it does get better!!!