• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official** West Indies in England***

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Plunkett's figures aren't that misleading, he just gets thrown in with Harmison when Harmison is far more erratic. There've only been 5 byes off Plunkett, you get leg byes off all sorts of deliveries just as you get edges going for 4.
I didn't say all leg-byes have been down to poor bowling, but the one's on leg stump are down to errant lines. Yet your right a majority of them have been Harmison, but Plunkers is not exactly bowling wicket-to-wicket, either.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Broad got completely smashed off his first 15 or so overs in Leicestershire's drubbing the other day (100+ off them), I think he's just come back from some injury as well - but could be wrong there.
Yeah, if he's not 100% fit then obviously I wouldn't pick him. I wouldn't hold his comeback spell against Tres at Taunton against him though.

Like the other guy said, we're not spoilt for choice at the moment. Anderson's not in great form afaics, and, anyway, he's another swing bowler.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Broad got completely smashed off his first 15 or so overs in Leicestershire's drubbing the other day (100+ off them), I think he's just come back from some injury as well - but could be wrong there.

Hmm I have to post quicker in future.
On the point of getting smashed, James Anderson's form is hardly worthy of a call up as well for Durham took him apart yesterday.

grecian

I think Broad is just another in the Plunkett, Mahmood, Harmison brigade. Its not something i want to see.

edit: ignore that comment.

YAY MONTY

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Appealing really is a good idea, isn't it? :huh: Only ever seen that once before, a nick with no appeal.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Doesn't look like Ryan Sidebottom will add many more test caps to his name, captain Vaughan favouring both Plunkett and Harmison over him.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
What happened?
Apart from no appeal when he nicked it, that is.
Chanderpaul nicked Harmison to Prior, neither of them appealed, Dar said nothing.

I didn't hear anything at the time, TBH, and I usually hear those sorts of things.

grecian

Hmm, so Plunkers bowling analysis isn't misleading. Has he pitched one ball on the stumps in this spell?

Great take from Prior there to stop more extras, they'll be top scorer for mine.

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Extra's is nearly the leading run scorer for the West Indies, 39 not out currently.
There's talk of it being the next Windies skipper, actually. Sure, the purists would tell you it's only a statistical contrivance to count the sundries in an innings, but it contributes more regularly than Ganga or Sarwan and has more tactical acumen than Chanders.