• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ford: The new coach of india announced!

Bouncer

State Regular
Great News !! Really Nikamme ? I know folks at GS must be celebrating it big time with Ehsan distributing sweets in the streets of London and Anis in Minnesota.
Great News for the sake of cricket and as far as ehsan and anees are concern, i doonoo anything about them as (i am pretty sure) you know that i am known to speak only and only my mind and do not bash anyone inorder to be on a bandwagon etc.

I will be probably meeting anees sometime this weekend for a league game, now if u tell me who are, i can tell him that SOMEONE still remembers him.

Last edited:

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Great News for the sake of cricket and as far as ehsan and anees are concern, i doonoo anything about them as (i am pretty sure) you know that i am known to speak only and only my mind and do not bash anyone inorder to be on a bandwagon etc.

I will be probably meeting anees sometime this weekend for a league game, now if u tell me who are, i can tell him that SOMEONE still remembers him.
How is it a great news for the sake of cricket ? Was he going to ruin Cricket by taking up that job ?

I know your internet presence too well, Oh and you have no clue. ;)

Bouncer

State Regular
How is it a great news for the sake of cricket ? Was he going to ruin Cricket by taking up that job ?
I know your internet presence too well, Oh and you have no clue. ;)
You think i givva %%%% about you knowing my presence and getting to know who this Java Monky:laugh: is?

Good news because not another Coach going to get his effigies burnt on streets of Calcutta after he asks Sachin to have an extended net session to figure out why he keeps on getting bowled or LBW or having Coach Talk someone who likes to be known and treated as Prince.

Good News for Cricket because not another Coach going to get his effigies burnt after giving an honest opinion to his Captain.

Good News for Cricket because not another Coach is going to be used by Mr. 10k (One who belives that 10K gave him all the rights written or unwritten in Mahabharta to tell anyone to run things MR. 10K's way for Mr 10K's country) to make $ ouuta it by feeding the controversy hungry HT, Hindu, Indiatimes, Rediff etc etc)

It has got Good News for cricket written all over it but ONLY and only if people (few in front camras, few writing trash in all tabliods and the rest aka billion of them) learn and know how to treat a coach an authority, dont it???:dry:

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Good Post Nikamme, as usual, Now I am convinced after that thoughtful response. ;)

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
It has got Good News for cricket written all over it but ONLY and only if people (few in front camras, few writing trash in all tabliods and the rest aka billion of them) learn and know how to treat a coach an authority, dont it???:dry:
:Confused:

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
I dont think we got owned, Ford was interested in this position but he wasn't too eager like some others. He knew the job was his when he got a call from Dravid, IMO He would have taken the job, If we had made the right offer. We didn't make the offer that was good enough for him to leave his current one, as simple as that.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Blown way out of proportion for mine, particularly with some of the posts in this thread. So he declined the job, not exactly such a big deal, and its not the rarest of occurances. I reckon its only because the coaching position of India has come under so much controversy in recent times that its being made into such a big issue.

Will be interesting to see which direction they go from here. Whether they'll restart, and have new interviews... will be interesting to see.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
"It's been little over one year since Ford's appointment, but he has taken India to the top of both the ODI and Test rankings. India are now officially the number one team in world cricket at the moment"

:sleep:
Man I always get owned. I knew I was going to be with this statement, but this early, I didn't expect :-O.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I think the biggest deal is the arrogance of BCCI in pretty much announcing the next coach before he accepted the terms, as if anyone would refuse the BCCI.....

In any case, I am dissapointed as he seemed like a good fit, and at this point, I don't really care who the coach is, as long as its not someone like Kapil Dev.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
That's ok. The good thing about you is your never-ending optimism!
My only wish is for India to just dominate once during my lifetime, atleast once :happy: . Watch me die (God forbid ;)), and then the next day India starts dominating :dry: :-O :mellow: .

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Sources in Indian television report that Embrey has turned down the job citing poor Indian bowling and that he feels they will burn out and lose heavily to Australia in December and the new year.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Sources in Indian television report that Embrey has turned down the job citing poor Indian bowling and that he feels they will burn out and lose heavily to Australia in December and the new year.
Well, never really wanted Emburey as coach anyway, so may not be a bad thing .