• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official** West Indies in England***

Poker Boy

State Vice-Captain
No surprise we're bowling first. The Windies have got their team balance right - five seam bowlers are too many - and Samuels had to play. Shame about Sammy and IMO they have made a big mistake not picking Sylvester Joseph....:laugh:

DCC_legend

International Regular
to quote cricinfo, Ganga is relishing the chance to bat and "to bat well". Might be difficult with the swinging ball, something they didn't take to in the second test.

Fiery

Banned
No surprise we're bowling first. The Windies have NOT got their team balance right - five seam bowlers are too many - and Samuels had to play. Shame about Sammy and IMO they have made a big mistake not picking Sylvester Joseph....:laugh:

Edit required as above?

Fiery

Banned
Just realised how big the tail is for England, Harmison at 8....:p
England have had a long tail for as long as I can remember . For some reason English bowlers can't bat...or don't try hard enough to bat. Something opposing teams can rely on is that England will have a long tail.

Poker Boy

State Vice-Captain
Interesting what Vaughan said at the toss "We'll try and put the ball in the right areas and create some pressure". Should be easier to do with no Plunkett. Just a thought. Who takes the new ball. Hoggard and Harmison? Does Ryan deserve to be demoted?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Interesting what Vaughan said at the toss "We'll try and put the ball in the right areas and create some pressure". Should be easier to do with no Plunkett. Just a thought. Who takes the new ball. Hoggard and Harmison? Does Ryan deserve to be demoted?
I don't think Sidebottom is really worth having if he doesn't open. So I'd be guessing Hoggard and Sidebottom.

DCC_legend

International Regular
tbh i'd rather have Sidebottom and Hoggard opening. Both have good control, although harmison did gain a bit of rhythm towards the end of the last test, it would be a safer bet with Sidebottom and Hoggard. Afterall sidebottom has been bowling excellently.

Poker Boy

State Vice-Captain
Just realised how big the tail is for England, Harmison at 8....:p
Talking about England tails, is this one our worst ever? Maybe not. In the 1976 OT Test we had Underwood at No 8 (!) to be folowed by Selvey, Pocock and Hendrick(against Roberts and Holding FGS) and who can forget the Caddick-Mullally-Tuffnell-Giddins disaster at the Oval in 1999? Nasser should have declared seven down in that Test for all the difference it would have made...

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Talking about England tails, is this one our worst ever? Maybe not. In the 1976 OT Test we had Underwood at No 8 (!) to be folowed by Selvey, Pocock and Hendrick(against Roberts and Holding FGS) and who can forget the Caddick-Mullally-Tuffnell-Giddins disaster at the Oval in 1999? Nasser should have declared seven down in that Test for all the difference it would have made...
There was one which included Irani at 7 followed by four number 11s IIRC.

pasag

RTDAS
LOL! I had a feeling that would happen, very nice catch from Cook. Sidebottom getting some awesome swing now. Gayle to fail imo.