• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official** West Indies in England***

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
He's looked to have done that before, though, let's not forget.
Just imo but I haven't seen him bowl better in a long time. His seam position is exceptional, his pace is mid to high 80s and he looks much stronger at the bowling crease then I've ever seen him.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Richard - But that's the style of cut shot that Devon Smith has always played. It's was more shot selection then shot execution. The ball was not there to cut.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Richard - But that's the style of cut shot that Devon Smith has always played. It's was more shot selection then shot execution. The ball was not there to cut.
Nah, was there for the shot, he should have hit it. That's what I'm gonna be saying in my report.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Just imo but I haven't seen him bowl better in a long time. His seam position is exceptional, his pace is mid to high 80s and he looks much stronger at the bowling crease then I've ever seen him.
I thought that in all of 2003, 2005\06 and 2006\07. As I say - with Anderson you've got to wait that bit longer these days.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
As I say - with Anderson you've got to wait that bit longer these days.
Don't necessarlily agree with that tbh. Jimmy Anderson has always been a very good one day bowler. Tests is a different matter but Anderson has always been the real deal in one day cricket.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Is it just me or does Devon Smith have an extremely strange cover drive?. The bat doesn't come down straight and sort of comes at an angle, like he's playing a cut shot off the front foot.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Don't necessarlily agree with that tbh. Jimmy Anderson has always been a very good one day bowler. Tests is a different matter but Anderson has always been the real deal in one day cricket.
Nah, don't believe so. Was awful in his opening salvo in 2002\03 (bar the couple of games - being the 10-12-1 and the 10-29-4), was very average between 2003\04 and 2006\07 and last winter and this summer is the first time he's started to look good again since 2003 IMO.

In 2003, too, he was still very much rough around the edges and nothing more than someone with obvious promise.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
With Gayle now hit 3 sixes. I was wondering if those are the most by an opening batsmen less than 15 overs after the start of the match?.

Edit - ******* Chris Gayle goes as well.

Last edited: