• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in England

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I've just put some money on Tendulkar to be India's highest run scorer in the first innings, paying $4.50 - shoe in TBH..

Poker Boy

State Vice-Captain
I think this just proves that England would have been lucky had they won at Lord's. If that Twst was played at TB and they had the rain they had last Friday it would have been a wash out.It makes one wonder why they can't have the same standard of drainage at all Test grounds - and why don't they have something like the Brumbrella they used to have at Edgbaston that covered most of the field?And if we get no play today that's three washed out Test days this year - as far as I know that has not happened in 20 years. PS - about old match highlights - last week Sky showed Edgbaston 1996 - ancient history by their standards - its a disadvantage of no cricket on the BBC because they would have a bigger archieve. I would love to see India's 42 at Lord's in 1974 - considering that Test produced 931 runs in the first two innings and as far as I know there was no rain I wonder how on earth that happened? Probably just a fluke?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
PS - about old match highlights - last week Sky showed Edgbaston 1996 - ancient history by their standards - its a disadvantage of no cricket on the BBC because they would have a bigger archieve. I would love to see India's 42 at Lord's in 1974 - considering that Test produced 931 runs in the first two innings and as far as I know there was no rain I wonder how on earth that happened? Probably just a fluke?
Sky could easily show anything from the 1990s, though, and virtually never do.

Sure, stuff from the 1970s and 80s would probably be even better, but even the 1990s would be fascinating for me as I saw nothing in the away terms until 1998\99.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Stupid decision by Dravid IMO. The outfield will still be very wet, and the ball will get soaking, and soft. Basically this will take Kumble out of the equation and there will be minimal swing at the most.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
And pretty rich of you to tell the Indian bowlers to show the English batsman who is boss with that avatar clearly saying you don't think much of them tbh. You've become an English fan now, no?