• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in England

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Stupid decision by Dravid IMO. The outfield will still be very wet, and the ball will get soaking, and soft. Basically this will take Kumble out of the equation and there will be minimal swing at the most.
Vaughan would have chosen to bat first had he won the toss, anyway early wickets here and then it could all be awesome.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yes finally game starting in 18 minutes. Rahul wins toss and puts England in. Go India, show them who's boss!!!
Seems quite ludicrous to me. Not only do India rely on their spinners for the majority of their victories, but the outfield is wet. Obviously bowling on a theoretically drier outfield later is going to be of an advantage, and overcast skies are predicted throughout anyway. I just don't get it.

Poker Boy

State Vice-Captain
Stupid decision by Dravid IMO. The outfield will still be very wet, and the ball will get soaking, and soft. Basically this will take Kumble out of the equation and there will be minimal swing at the most.
Is it a defnsive gesture to protect his own batsmen, one wonders? If so he shouldn't - remember 2002 when India (bravely but correctly) chose to bat at cloudy Headingley?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Erm, I prefer having my news from authentic sources rather than sites which always get their news from other sites. Any how, I was emphasising on the fixed part in the headline.
Ideally I'd have had that in the headline, too, but there is a limit on characters, y'know.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Is it a defnsive gesture to protect his own batsmen, one wonders? If so he shouldn't - remember 2002 when India (bravely but correctly) chose to bat at cloudy Headingley?
That might not have ended-up being perceived as so brave had we bowled well.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Seems quite ludicrous to me. Not only do India rely on their spinners for the majority of their victories, but the outfield is wet. Obviously bowling on a theoretically drier outfield later is going to be of an advantage, and overcast skies are predicted throughout anyway. I just don't get it.
Well Khan does some justice to it, super ball, but not the greatest shot ever.