• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW BT Cup 6

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
9th wicket has now put on 35 and counting.

Utter unadulterated bull****. Like hell this ever happens when I'm batting against a bloody near masterful-elite with a destructive wonderful at the other end.

Scaly piscine

And Whitehorne takes out my two best batsmen when they're set, plus Preece too.

End of Over 28: 107-6, runrate=3.82, reqrunrate=6.23 (243-9)
Whitehorne 4-1-4-3
Patel* 11 (22 balls)
Appleby 0 (3 balls)

Last Wicket: Preece st. Ashton b. Whitehorne 6 (FOW: 107/6)

What a heap of ****. You just do not rip through good batsmen on a slow pitch. In the meantime I manage to take one wicket towards the end of the middle overs. I can never go a BT Cup without some completely nonsensical bollocks like this happening. Well ****ed again BT.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Would've been more of a travesty had you won, frankly, but whatever. Pleased to win what could be the last proper BT Cup if FC is introduced next season.

Bobisback

International Regular
And Whitehorne takes out my two best batsmen when they're set, plus Preece too.

End of Over 28: 107-6, runrate=3.82, reqrunrate=6.23 (243-9)
Whitehorne 4-1-4-3
Patel* 11 (22 balls)
Appleby 0 (3 balls)

Last Wicket: Preece st. Ashton b. Whitehorne 6 (FOW: 107/6)

What a heap of ****. You just do not rip through good batsmen on a slow pitch. In the meantime I manage to take one wicket towards the end of the middle overs. I can never go a BT Cup without some completely nonsensical bollocks like this happening. Well ****ed again BT.
:laugh:

Scaly piscine

Would've been more of a travesty had you won, frankly, but whatever. Pleased to win what could be the last proper BT Cup if FC is introduced next season.
Not really, you're only one gun bat better than me and you were lucky he didn't get out early. BT-bull**** gave you the extra 40-50 runs you needed in your innings after the only BT-collapse in history to stop in those circumstances. Then contrived some load of crap to polish off my batting lineup, must be about the only time Whitehorne has taken any good wickets in the first 40 and he ends up taking 3 against set batsmen on a pitch that would make him easy to keep out. It should have been a close game, but events that go completely against the Battrick norm made it a comfortable victory.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Haha right, first you complain that your slow bowlers don't do well on a slow pitch against much better batsmen, then spit the dummy when Whitehorne, who happens to be masterful, takes a few wickets against batsmen vastly inferior. I realise there's absolutely no way you would have accepted any result other than a win, but your protestations are becoming increasingly desperate, which is unfortunate because it detracts from your legitimate complaints.

andyc

Asterix XI Scaly Piscine CC
Top Order: remarkable proficient
Middle Order: sensational quality
Lower Order: woeful woeful
Seam Bowling: miraculous miraculous
Spin Bowling: exceptional quality
Fielding: mediocre competent

Scaly piscine

Haha right, first you complain that your slow bowlers don't do well on a slow pitch against much better batsmen, then spit the dummy when Whitehorne, who happens to be masterful, takes a few wickets against batsmen vastly inferior. I realise there's absolutely no way you would have accepted any result other than a win, but your protestations are becoming increasingly desperate, which is unfortunate because it detracts from your legitimate complaints.
Do you have any idea what a slow pitch is like? Slower bowlers are difficult to get away on a slow pitch if they're consistent... guess what my three slower bowlers have sensational or higher consistency. A bowler with an oldish ball will not however rip out a batting lineup because the movement is slow, the edges don't carry etc. As BT says on slow pitches 'tough for everyone'. A slow pitch is a bit of a leveller, hence why even NZ can bat well on them.

Unfortunately the BT engine doesn't seem to reflect how slow pitches behave.

nibbs

International Captain
An interesting tournament this time around with perhaps the shift in the balance of power? 3 of the big 4 did reach the semis. This has actually been the case in the past 4 CW BT Cups. Whenuapai having reached 4 of the 5 finals, and every semi final, and failed to even reach the quarters this time. BUT 4 new sides, Cymru, Pup, Jamees 999ers, and Got Spin, made their way onto the honours board. Interesting, interesting.

So by the looks of it another good compeition. I'm not really sure if I liked the format, but if everyone else is happy to roll with it in future, I don't mind either way.

Bring on CW BT Cup VII

Code:
[B]Cricketweb Battrick Cup - Honours Board

Winner                Runner up         Semi Finalists[/B]
[B]Cup I [/B]   Boggles               Whenuapai CC      Anchormen, Scaly Piscine
[B]Cup II [/B]  Whenuapai CC          Asterix XI        Anchormen, Boggles
[B]Cup III [/B] Asterix XI            Scaly Piscine CC  Whenuapai CC, Citizens Erased
[B]Cup IV[/B]   Withington Wonderers  Whenuapai CC      Scaly Piscine, College Dropouts
[B]Cup V[/B]    Whenuapai CC          Scaly Piscine CC  Asterix XI, Anchormen
[B]Cup VI  [/B] Asterix XI            Scaly Piscine CC  Withington Wonderers, Cymru Gurgitaters

[B]                      W  RU SF QF[/B]
Whenuapai CC          2  2  1  0
Asterix XI            2  1  1  1
Boggles               1  0  1  0
Withington Wonderers  1  0  1  1
Scaly Piscine         0  3  2  0
Anchormen             0  0  3  1
College Dropouts      0  0  1  4
Citizens Erased       0  0  1  1
Cymru Gurgitaters     0  0  1  0
VCC                   0  0  0  3
Dalmeny CC            0  0  0  2
AA for President      0  0  0  2
Bushpigs              0  0  0  2
Vindscreen Vipers     0  0  0  1
Dynamo Morpork        0  0  0  1
Viveash               0  0  0  1
Lancashire            0  0  0  1
Jamees 999ers         0  0  0  1
Got Spin              0  0  0  1
Pup                   0  0  0  1
Scaly Piscine has now lost 3 finals and 2 semi finals. Chokers? Just thought I'd note that as well for those who didn't pick up on it. :happy: