• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Second Round Group F - Australia, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Bangladesh

biased indian

International Coach
Australia should win this game easily now, but i am worried for tomorrow's game now. With only Haddin and Hilfy left on the Aussie reserves bench (with both Ponting and Watto injured), who would come into the team for tomorrow's game??
its day after tommorrow rite...or tommorrow ????

pup11

International Coach
Stuey Clark has really made his presence felt in this batsman-dominated format of the game.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Australia should win this game easily now, but i am worried for tomorrow's game now. With only Haddin and Hilfy left on the Aussie reserves bench (with both Ponting and Watto injured), who would come into the team for tomorrow's game??
Hogg is also there.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Dire way to finish the tourment for us, we really did fall away after a decent start to series. Looking back only real positive to come out of the WC was Dilhara bowling, hopefully its a sign of things to come.

Muburak batted well, but i reckon that will be a negetive as he will just fail for the next six years and never get dropped. Worse thing that could ever happen to Sri Lankan cricket. Really hope 3-4 gun players come through soon or were ****ed as we are just going to have a weaklink for another six years.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Australia thoroughly Outplayed Sri Lanka as expected.

Sri Lankan Psyche cannot come to terms with the Australian Juggernaut and panicks and surrenders meekly, particularly more so when Murali is not there to give a 200 percent boost to the Teams strength.

SL struggle and panick whenever they face the Aussies and this was no different....I only hope the wound inflicted doesn't scar the Lankans as they get ready to face the Aussies in the Test series again...

Despite whatever anyone else might say, Sanath did get a bad decision ...and I bet a million dollars if the Batsman was Hayden or Gilchrist or Ponting , Rauf would have not raised his finger from uncertainty...But no excuse for being out played overall...Was also surprised by the Umpire's failure to check the Maharoof catch taken by Clarke...

Pakistan are still the best team in this 20/20 Tournament by far, for their ability to come from dire circumstances and pull off wins..

Laurrz

International Debutant
Australia thoroughly Outplayed Sri Lanka as expected.

Sri Lankan Psyche cannot come to terms with the Australian Juggernaut and panicks and surrenders meekly, particularly more so when Murali is not there to give a 200 percent boost to the Teams strength.

SL struggle and panick whenever they face the Aussies and this was no different....I only hope the wound inflicted doesn't scar the Lankans as they get ready to face the Aussies in the Test series again...

Despite whatever anyone else might say, Sanath did get a bad decision ...and I bet a million dollars if the Batsman was Hayden or Gilchrist or Ponting , Rauf would have not raised his finger from uncertainty...But no excuse for being out played overall...Was also surprised by the Umpire's failure to check the Maharoof catch taken by Clarke...

Pakistan are still the best team in this 20/20 Tournament by far, for their ability to come from dire circumstances and pull off wins..
well ive seen Gilly and Hayden go out to unfair LBW's
and also i thought Clarke's catch was pretty straight forward.. terrific one though

yea Pakis are prolly the best team and are still my favorites
i think they need more from there top order though, same as Aussies with the middle order... Malik wont always fire

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Just woke up, and rushed to the computer to check if Watson played and got through it. Check the bowling card, see he took a wicket, literally yelled "YEAH!", then saw 3.2 overs and punched a hole in the wall.

This isn't my house, I'm not very strong, and I just punched a hole in the wall.

Watto. :(

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
****ing useless tournament. Watto should never have played, he should've been left back home, and let him prepare for the Pura Cup season because he'd be a far bigger asset to the test team than this hit 'n giggle crap.

Unattainableguy

State 12th Man
Agree with that part. I think Asad Rauf is a decent umpire, but he comes under heavy pressure if there's excessive appealing or if it's a team like Aus, SA or Eng, then his decisions are mostly in their favour. Some of his decisions caused India to lose the series against SA, else they would have drawn it. But it's pretty much same with most umpires though except for Taufel and Aleem Dar, but maybe more apparent with him and Billy Bowden.

Agree with that also.

Last edited:

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
****ing useless tournament. Watto should never have played, he should've been left back home, and let him prepare for the Pura Cup season because he'd be a far bigger asset to the test team than this hit 'n giggle crap.
Keep your Luddite whining out of these threads.

Poker Boy

State Vice-Captain
Well done to SL! I didn't think anyone copuld play as pathetic in trying to knock out Australia as England did....and they were worse! Even with conditions against them, they should have done better than 102. This is reminding me more and more of the 1999 WC where Australia could have been put out twice before the SF but weren't....Australia to beat SA in a SF bowl out then thrash Pakistan in the F anyone?

pup11

International Coach
So is there any news on Watto, has he been ruled out of the tournament, i just hope he hasn't torn his hammy!!

howardj

International Coach
It's not torn, just "sore".

Seriously, send this chap home. Just as you must prove that you're up to international cricket technically, you must prove that you're up to it physically.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
It's not torn, just "sore".

Seriously, send this chap home. Just as you must prove that you're up to international cricket technically, you must prove that you're up to it physically.
There's no way the poor bloke should go to India. It's like flogging away with Flintoff when he can hardly walk. Let them recover properly please.