• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Battrick Cup, season nine

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Preliminary stage starting next Sunday (March 2)

The final seeding list - stars next to those who are in the cup:

1. Asterix XI*
2. Scaly Piscine CC*
3. Whenuapai CC*
4. Anchormen
5. Withington Wonderers
6. Boggles*
7. Jaffna Jets*
8. Magical Ponies*
9. Jamees 999ers
10.Cymru Gurgitaters
11.Dynamo Morpork*
12.Dalmeny Cricket Club*
13.Four Pillars and Poor Fillers
14.Central Districts
15.Citizens Erased*
16.Lancashire*
17.Victoria Panthers
18.Sad Decadent XI
19.Kipper XI
20.Opening Balance*
21.Alternative XI
22.Beard XI
23.Tawonga Tigers
24.Connells Estates United*
25.Viveash
26.Brackenhurst*
27.Tamil Eelam CC
---
Preliminaries:
28.Male Models (648)
29.Saggers Mob (6473)
30.Swamibapa Leeds CC (10033)
31.caves_beachcc (5102)
32.Fishs XI (15945)
33.BEST Indies (3872)
34.oz fans xi (6232)
35.Leverock CC (6550)
36.Coco's Nuts (6533)
37.The Heath CC (3940)
38.Guttedball (1817)
39.St Michele CC (6310)

Based on Batstats, with extra points awarded for previous cup performances. Almost the same as Tharmi's, but Citizens Erased and Kipper XI are adjusted down as I could not find any games where they've performed well enough to be ranked where Tharmi had them. The two teams that haven't participated before are ranked last.

Last edited:

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Preliminary group draw.

The two preliminary groups were drawn so that no more than three of the top-ranked six sides (from 28 to 33 on the overall rank) meet each other. The top two teams + the best ranked third team (by points, then wins, then net run rate) qualifies for the main stage.

The draw:

Group A: Male Models, Swamibapa Leeds CC, caves_beachcc, Leverock CC, The Heath CC, St Michele CC

Group B (random order in order to spice up match schedule): Saggers Mob, BEST Indies, oz fans xi, Guttedball, Coco's Nuts, Fishs XI

Match schedule:
4-3, 1-5, 2-6
3-2, 6-1, 4-5
6-4, 5-3, 1-2
3-1, 2-4, 5-6
4-1, 2-5, 6-3

Thus, the first set of matches - the home side to challenge by Friday 29 February, midnight BT-time:

Group A:
Leverock CC (6550) vs caves_beachcc (5102)
Male Models (648) vs The Heath CC (3940)
Swamibapa Leeds CC (10033) vs St Michele CC (6310)

Group B:
Guttedball (1817) vs oz fans XI (6232)
Saggers Mob (6473) vs Coco's Nuts (6533)
BEST Indies (3872) vs Fishs XI (15945)

Best of luck.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Dire, hopefully those seeding change if you get higher BatStats from now to the main cup. Just jumped ahead of Trev and Jamee. Basically 30 seconds after you made that post.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Awesome effort Morks. I really like what I see. :) Top work for kicking this off so soon. Should be excellent. :thumbsup:

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
The two preliminary groups were drawn so that no more than three of the top-ranked six sides (from 28 to 33 on the overall rank) meet each other. The top two teams + the best ranked third team (by points, then wins, then net run rate) qualifies for the main stage.

The draw:

Group A: Male Models, Swamibapa Leeds CC, caves_beachcc, Leverock CC, The Heath CC, St Michele CC

Group B (random order in order to spice up match schedule): Saggers Mob, BEST Indies, oz fans xi, Guttedball, Coco's Nuts, Fishs XI

Match schedule:
4-3, 1-5, 2-6
3-2, 6-1, 4-5
6-4, 5-3, 1-2
3-1, 2-4, 5-6
4-1, 2-5, 6-3
Looks good to me. How many people go through into the main draw?

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Looks good to me. How many people go through into the main draw?
I repeat:

The top two teams + the best ranked third team (by points, then wins, then net run rate) qualifies for the main stage.

So that's five out of 12.

(also, on Tharmi's point: anyone is free to provide a match played before or on 24 February and their seeding will be reviewed.)

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year

Match schedule:
4-3, 1-5, 2-6
3-2, 6-1, 4-5
6-4, 5-3, 1-2
3-1, 2-4, 5-6
4-1, 2-5, 6-3

Thus, the first set of matches - the home side to challenge by Friday 29 February, midnight BT-time:

Group A:
Leverock CC (6550) vs caves_beachcc (5102)
Male Models (648) vs The Heath CC (3940)
Swamibapa Leeds CC (10033) vs St Michele CC (6310)

Best of luck.
Looks a nice competitive group with a winnable match first up, althought it will depend on the personel I can get a hold of on match day. I tip Male Models to win this group..

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
I repeat:

The top two teams + the best ranked third team (by points, then wins, then net run rate) qualifies for the main stage.

So that's five out of 12.

(also, on Tharmi's point: anyone is free to provide a match played before or on 24 February and their seeding will be reviewed.)
Sorry, should have read it properly - my eyes were drawn to the grouping! It all looks great though. Looking forward to getting it all underway :)

headhunter

International Vice-Captain
Looks dam good.
Challenged and confident I will pick up my 1st CW Cup win next weekend

EDIT: After loking at the squads, dont fancy my chances of getting into the next round.

Last edited:

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Awesome...this is my first experience in the CW Battrick Cup so I ask the other teams to treat me with the love and respect I deserve. Don't hop straight out of bed after the match is finished, put your clothes on, and go home. At least hang around for a cigarette and the post-match analysis.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
St Michele CC have withdrawn from the cup.

Not entirely sure what to do with this, but I suppose no points are awarded for "forfeit" wins, and then the matches against the worst team in the other group will be removed when comparing for qualification. Alternatively, Tamil Eelam CC could take their place, but then the groups will be slightly unbalanced.