• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Season XIII-XIV IPL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Delhi has a really scary bowling attack.

Kev, I think Liam's sticking to the 22-player limit, which would explain those players from the Cricinfo squad pages missing out. Yashpal Singh is missing for the Knight Riders. With his stats, he'd be a star.
Fair enough. Id like Amit Mishra there though and drop someone else. The guy is an International.

EDIT- Rajasthan Royals have 24 players.

I understand if there are space constraints but Mishra is a guy that will play and is a high profile guy

Last edited:

Majin

International Debutant
Bangalore Royal Challengers First XI

B Chipli
W Jaffer
JH Kallis
V Kohli
RS Dravid *
Mishbah-Ul-Haq
MV Boucher +
A Kumble
Z Khan
SB Joshi
DW Steyn

1. Zaheer, Steyn, Bochat
2. Kallis, Praveen Kumar, RV Kumar
3. Kumble, Abdur Razzak
4. Joshi, Appana, CL White, B Akhil

Last edited:

Travis_Teh

International Regular
Sorry for ignorance, but i've never done WCC and have nfi what the deal with these bowling orders are ... can someone point me in the right direction so I can name a team before the first game ? :D

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Trav, how likely am I to play? If I'm not going to get much, if any, game time this season, I might give it a miss to play some State Cricket.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Sorry for ignorance, but i've never done WCC and have nfi what the deal with these bowling orders are ... can someone point me in the right direction so I can name a team before the first game ? :D
1: opening bowlers
2, 3: first change bowlers
4: other main bowlers
5-9: part timers

Also, the bowlers highest up are most likely to bowl the most overs. Though their career overs will also affect this.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ashish Nehra added to Mumbai Indians and Amit Mishra added to Delhi Daredevils. Oversights to leave these two out. The reason that the CricInfo squads don't match up entirely with the squads I named is that I took the squads as they were after the second IPL auctions, then added CW players (and a couple from other countries) to them. But if there are high profile (international or domestic veteran) players that have been added since and have not yet been included in these squads, I'll add them.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Alrighty then, I'll hang around in India for the first 5 rounds (ie. until the end of the 22nd of April) then head for Aus.

Will do the Royals orders later today.

Travis_Teh

International Regular
Kings XI Punjab

Smith (CW)
Sangakkara (SL) (+)
Kaul
Fuller (CW)
Y Singh (c)
A Sharma
Pathan
Chawla
Lee (AUS)
V Singh
Sreesanth

Liam, Sreesanth wasn't on your list but he's at Punjab. Also, not sure who PK Panchal is but he isn't on the Punjab list.

Bowling:

1: Lee, Sreesanth, Mills,
2 Pathan, V Singh, Fuller, Argal,
3 Chawla, Smith, Powar, Swann, Hopes,
4 Y Singh, Katich, Jayawardene, Sarwan,

Think that's okay.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
First XI
GC Smith (SAF)
TS Kohli
SR Watson (AUS)
K Akmal+ (PAK)
M Kaif
AP Revandkar
RA Jadeja
YK Pathan
SK Warne* (AUS)
Pankaj Singh
MM Patel

Bowling Orders
1. MM Patel, S Tanvir, XPA Rose
2. P Singh, SR Watson
3. SK Warne, AD Mascarenhas
4. YK Pathan, RA Jadeja
5. MW DeSilva, SJ Benn
6. GC Smith, DA Kearsley

I don't have an Indian keeper or many decent bats at all, so most international players aren't going to play much due to Akmal, Warne, Smith and Watson being almost lock-ins. Obviously Dubbers, DeSilva and Kears are options for the batsmen and will get their chances.

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
First XI
GC Smith (SAF)
TS Kohli
SR Watson (AUS)
K Akmal+ (PAK)
M Kaif
AP Revandkar
RA Jadeja
YK Pathan
SK Warne* (AUS)
Pankaj Singh
MM Patel

Bowling Orders
1. MM Patel, S Tanvir, XPA Rose
2. P Singh, SR Watson
3. SK Warne, AD Mascarenhas
4. YK Pathan, RA Jadeja
5. MW DeSilva, SJ Benn
6. GC Smith, DA Kearsley

I don't have an Indian keeper or many decent bats at all, so most international players aren't going to play much due to Akmal, Warne, Smith and Watson being almost lock-ins. Obviously Dubbers, DeSilva and Kears are options for the batsmen and will get their chances.
Are we using the old 25Smash Averages as guide at all? 515 runs @ 103, gosh i loved that form of the game :laugh:

Fairly strong side, but so are all the rest, tough competition ahead i reckon.

Status
Not open for further replies.