• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Are India becoming a super-power in cricket?

satheeshv37

Cricket Spectator
Do you think India are becoming a Super power:happy: in cricket, after their test series win and recent ODI series win Vs England.. What is your Opinion?/ 8-) :laugh: :cool:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Look, we all, each of us (or at least the very large majority) don't mind using smilies/ emoticons or whatever the **** they're called.

But if I see a post with all these **** smilies in them when they're completely used out of context then I immediately know I'm reading a post by someone with a combined age and IQ of 14.

WTF is it with people?

Is India a superpower? :laugh: :lol: :GAGF:

Australia in Decline? :laugh: :lol: :dickhead:

Glenn McGrath's wife's passed away? :laugh: :lol: :dial1800-pillock:

My mum walked into an open sewer and died? :lol: :laugh: :ireallyhavenoideaatall:

Why do people see the need to put these stupid ****ing things in every post? I don't mind if someone cracks a funny in a post and people respond with a :lol: or a :laugh:, but if people are going to insist on using them when they're not necessary or are completely out of context, then the moderators need to get names and addresses and send the Bandidos around to kick the living **** out of them.

I've had it with this rubbish. Using these bloody things in so OTT a way is a crime, and we need to find a punishment for it. Never mind warnings or bans, I mean something more serious.

Lethal injection is quick and painless, so that's out. Firing squad works well but we don't have guns in this country so we can't do that.

No, it has to be hanging and it has to be public. Let's do it. The world will be a better place without these posts. It'll send a tough but thought-provoking message to these people concerning their overuse of banal smilies which simply demonstrates an inability to communicate on a level beyond that of a gurgling 6 week old infant that's just brought up its latest feed.

Dire.

Polo23

International Debutant
My opinion is that England are an absolutely ****e ODI team.

Don't Indians proclaim they are the best in the world after every series win at home, then get thrashed away?

krkode

State Captain

Don't Indians proclaim they are the best in the world after every series win at home, then get thrashed away?
Or the other way around... were spirits this high after we won the VB series in Australia? And then soon after we get beaten by Pakistan and SL on subcontinent pitches in the Kitply and Asia cups.

Setting aside the fact that the thread was probably made as a troll, India need to display long term consistency before we can be considered a "super power."

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Setting aside the fact that the thread was probably made as a troll
Good obs. 3 threads from this poster, 3 utter wastes of time.

BTW, agree about the Laugh smiley. Irritates the hell out of me the way some posters use it, and IMO the Mods need to be a bit less laissez-faire "it's only a smiley" about it. It's either used in idiocy and is a revelation of idiocy or used as a tool to try to patronise.

vicky

School Boy/Girl Captain
Look, we all, each of us (or at least the very large majority) don't mind using smilies/ emoticons or whatever the **** they're called.

But if I see a post with all these **** smilies in them when they're completely used out of context then I immediately know I'm reading a post by someone with a combined age and IQ of 14.

WTF is it with people?

Is India a superpower? :laugh: :lol: :GAGF:

Australia in Decline? :laugh: :lol: :dickhead:

Glenn McGrath's wife's passed away? :laugh: :lol: :dial1800-pillock:

My mum walked into an open sewer and died? :lol: :laugh: :ireallyhavenoideaatall:

Why do people see the need to put these stupid ****ing things in every post? I don't mind if someone cracks a funny in a post and people respond with a :lol: or a :laugh:, but if people are going to insist on using them when they're not necessary or are completely out of context, then the moderators need to get names and addresses and send the Bandidos around to kick the living **** out of them.

I've had it with this rubbish. Using these bloody things in so OTT a way is a crime, and we need to find a punishment for it. Never mind warnings or bans, I mean something more serious.

Lethal injection is quick and painless, so that's out. Firing squad works well but we don't have guns in this country so we can't do that.

No, it has to be hanging and it has to be public. Let's do it. The world will be a better place without these posts. It'll send a tough but thought-provoking message to these people concerning their overuse of banal smilies which simply demonstrates an inability to communicate on a level beyond that of a gurgling 6 week old infant that's just brought up its latest feed.

Dire.
8/10 rant for mine...

needs more vitriol for mine...

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Do India becoming a super power in Cricket??
Next time you wish to ask such a question, do the fans of this team a favour. Check your spelling and grammar. This is absolutely dumb, it's almost insulting.

Cricket_God

U19 Cricketer

i accept the thread is dumb but your answer that india get thrashed away is dumber
were you sleeping after 1..1.2000 and have woken up yesterday

jondavluc

State Regular
India is a super power when it comes to money.In cricket I don't know yet I think it will require more consistant performances over the next two years.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
:lol: They'll be considered number one when they've started beating teams away from home consistently as Australia has certainly set a high standard. :laugh: I'd say they're definitely looking like the next best thing right now, 8-) but they have a lot of work ahead of them. :cheers: Sachin may very well be retiring within a year or so, but I believe they have enough fire power in their "bench" to remain one of the strongest teams in all forms of cricket, and being a Pakistani, that's not easy for me to say.:happybday

:robot:

:ph34r: