• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Dev League Season 7**

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wednesday 27th October

25Smash CRICKET
Sponsored by CW Bar.

ENGLAND 'A' 151/5 25.0 overs
CW BLACK 153/2 17.3 overs

CW Black won by 8 wickets

Man of the match: Eclipse

Highlights should be up later if I get the time.

Regular Season complete!

Attachments

Simon

Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Regular season complete, so here are the stats and averages.

Enjoy.
woah i really went to town in the 25smash comp, unhappy with my performances in the other 2 forms....
and thanks for giving us those Liam, ur a champ :)

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
Not a bad rookie season all in all, hopefully the greens can finish off the season in style winning the 25smash finals.

Lets go Greens!

masterblaster

International Captain
It's been an honour for myself in captaining the Blacks this season while Neil was away, and it was fantastic being a part of a very successful year for the CW Black team.

Granted we should've won the 5D Title as I believe we were on top for over 70% of the duration of the season, but I think this Black side has the makings of something special here. We have a really good pool of experience and youth, and hopefully we will go on from strength to strength.

Personally, I think I had a very good season, infact my best 5D season of my career. 89 FC Wickets at 26 odd does me very proud indeed, and I'm thrilled to have contributed in the sucess of our team this season. I could've done better in the OD version of the game and with my batting, but that's the facet of my game to improve on in the next season.

As well, I'd like to declare my intentions (and hopefullness) of a spot in the CW International XI in Test Cricket (or ODI Cricket) in the near future.

Once again, congratulations to all involved with CW Cricket on another great season with plenty of high's.

Cmon Blacks, lets take the OD and 25Smash Trophies back home, where they belong!

Waughney

International Debutant
thewizard1o1 said:
Not a bad rookie season all in all, hopefully the greens can finish off the season in style winning the 25smash finals.

Lets go Greens!
Yep, Greens need to fire up for the big one!

Mr Mxyzptlk

**Injury Report**

Adam and Mr Mxyzptlk are injured for the remainder of the season with a bruised thigh and an infected toe respectively.

Huge blow for Cricket Web Blue. Broncoman takes over the captaincy.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Well i have to say im pretty please with my debut season, pretty high up in the 5day bowling averages, one of the best spinners ave i believe. Batting solid but not great.

Dissapointed with OD batting and bowling, 25smash was ok, considering its a new comp to me.

Now we just have to finish the season off well with 2 trophies !

Mr Mxyzptlk

England A v Cricket Web Blue at PDV Dome
**FC Final**
10-Day Match

CW Blue XI: Broncoman (C), Dylan Jellett (wk), Tom Halsey, Craig, StUEy, Nath Patrick, Sudeep, KennyD, Langeveldt, Peter Young, Daniel Muhaffy.

Day 1 Conditions:
Ball : The ball is nice and new.
Pitch : A perfect batting pitch with no visible cracks.
Bounce : High bounce. Just what the fast bowlers want.
Outfield : Normal speed outfield.
Weather : Cloudy.

Toss: England A, bat

Day 1 Game Events:
* Young dropped Ward (24) off Halsey - 55/2
* Eng A Lunch - 62/2
* Eng A Tea - 176/7
* Ed Smith 50 off 113 balls; 7 fours
* Jellett dropped Saggers (2) off Broncoman - 205/9
* Eng A Stumps - 219/9 (92 overs)(Ed Smith 61*, Martin Saggers 5*)
---
Day 2:
Bounce : High bounce. Just what the fast bowlers want.
Outfield : Very fast outfield. Lots of boundaries likely to be scored.
Weather : Very hot and sunny. Not a cloud in the sky.

Day 2 Game Events:
* Jellett missed a half-chance of Smith (63) off Patrick - 222/9
* Eng A 223 all out (94 overs)
* CW Blue Lunch - 76/3
* Craig (9) dropped by Pieterson off Saggers - 84/4
* Craig (25) dropped by Pieterson off Silverwood - 122/4
* CW Blue Tea - 170/5
* Craig 50 off 87 balls; 5 fours
* Craig (50) dropped by Cork off Tremlett - 173/5
* Langeveldt 50 off 93 balls; 7 fours
* CW Blue Stumps - 276/6 (86 overs)(Craig 92*, Langeveldt 54*)
---
Day 3:
Bounce : Good bounce with the occasional one lifting off a good length.
Weather : Fine and Sunny with light cloud.

Day 3 Game Events:
* Craig 100 off 177 balls; 10 fours
* Craig (117) dropped by Read off Saggers - 312/6
* Saggers took 5 wickets
* CW Blue 350 all out (108.3 overs)
* Eng A Lunch - 5/1
* Eng A Tea - 78/5
* Kevin Pieterson 50 off 89 balls; 4 fours
* Eng A Stumps - 216/8 (68 overs)(Kevin Pieterson 98*, Chris Tremlett 1*)
---
Day 4:
Ball : The ball is getting old.
Pitch : A fairly good batting pitch with a few cracks.
Bounce : Nice consistent bounce off a good length.
Weather : Fine and Sunny with light cloud.

Day 4 Game Events:
* Kevin Pieterson 100 off 166 balls; 12 fours
* Eng A Lunch - 303/8
* Kevin Pieterson 150 off 261 balls; 14 fours
* Langeveldt dropped Tremlett (46) off Halsey - 354/8
* Chris Tremlett 50 off 188 balls; 5 fours
* Kevin Pieterson 200 off 327 balls; 20 fours
* Eng A Tea - 426/9
* Muhaffy dropped Saggers (0) off Sudeep - 426/9
* Jellett dropped Tremlett (72) off Sudeep 439/9
* Nath Patrick took 5 wickets
* Eng A 464 all out (152 overs)
* CW Blue set to chase 338 runs to win
* CW Blue Stumps - 43/1 (11 overs)(Peter Young 21*, StUEy 18*)
---
Day 5:
Pitch : A fairly good batting pitch with a few cracks.
Bounce : Nice consistent bounce off a good length.
Weather : Very hot and sunny. Not a cloud in the sky.

Day 5 Game Events:
* CW Blue Lunch - 119/4
* Craig (35) dropped by Cork off Silverwood - 170/4
* Craig 50 off 112 balls; 3 fours
* CW Blue Tea - 197/4
* Sudeep 50 off 136 balls; 5 fours
* CW Blue Stumps - 311/7 (101 overs)(Craig 98*, Daniel Muhaffy 0*)
---
Day 6:
Ball : The ball is starting to lose its shine.
Pitch : A pitch with quite a few cracks.
Bounce : Okay bounce with the odd one keeping low.
Weather : Hot and sunny with very high light clouds.

Day 6 Game Events:
* Craig 100 off 199 balls; 8 fours
* CW Blue 338/9 (117.3); won by 1 wicket!!!

England 'A' 1st Innings 223 all out
Cricket Web Blue 1st Innings 350 all out
England 'A' 2nd Innings 464 all out
Cricket Web Blue 2nd Innings 338 for 9
Cricket Web Blue won by 1 wkt.

Daily Blast Comment:
You couldn't possibly wish for a better final game of what has been and outstanding FC season. Surely one of the finest cricket matches of all-time. A man who has flattered to deceive for most of the season finally stepped up and showed his class - Craig scored two majestic hundreds to ultimately bring it home for Blue. Pieterson dropped Craig twice, but he certainly made up for it with his chanceless 207. Blue had England A on the ropes, trailing by 62 runs with only 5 second innings wickets in hand but things certainly changed...

It seemed the game would be a one-sided thrashing at the hands of the Season 7 5D Champions. Alas, 'twas not to be. Pieterson found a ready partner in Chris Tremlett and an astonishing 212 runs were added for the 9th wicket. Finally the last wicket was taken and Broncoman found his team needing a lot more than they would have liked or expected. The game seemed completely reversed and England had the momentum, leading to 4 Blue wickets for 109 runs.

At 109/4 panic may have set in, but quality cricket was still very much in store. Some 136 runs between Craig and the outstanding Sudeep. Then the score was 245/5 and hope was still alive. By the time stumps came around, the Blues still needed 27 runs and had just 3 wickets intact. For the second time in the match Craig went to the close in the 90s.

Not a comfortable seat in the house, the tension was thick on the morning of the sixth day. Saggers bowled to Craig and he drove through the covers for a couple of runs and his second hundred of the game. A personal run later and the silence deepened at the PDV Dome. Craig out for 101 and 15 runs still required. When Saggers knocked over Halsey for 1, hearts were racing and Broncoman, near-tears seated in the dressing room, graced the TV screens between deliveries. The injured Mr Mxyzptlk sat still to his left and stared intensely at the goings on in the middle.

Broncoman patted Patrick on the back before he went to the middle and so the final stand began. The game would either be won or lost on the heart of these two players. Muhaffy set about to take the major role and singles were taken at opportune times, then a boundary flashed past the hand of gully. Patrick tickled Saggers for a quick single into the legside and the score was tied. The ground erupted and the Blues dressing sighed with relief.

The job was not done though. Saggers charged in and bowled to Muhaffy, who dropped the ball into the offside and charged through for a desperate single. A full-length slide later and it was over. The sea of Blue filtered onto the ground and swarmed Muhaffy and Patrick as they embraced each other and the grabbed the stumps. A classic for the ages and a trophy for the Blue mantelpiece.

Attachments