• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Australia in India Thread

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
JustTool said:
Tired of listening to Slats go on and on about Aussie batsmen and players and team spirit and baggy green (like it came directly from the Pope). Very little mention of Zaheer's outstanding spell (unlike his poetry about McGrath and Gillespie). I suppose his bias is a refelection of the parochial attitude of some of the posters.... :) :) :D
Takes one to know one... :p

JustTool

State 12th Man
marc71178 said:
There's only one person making excuses here, and it's not me or Mister Wright.

Your team is being thoroughly outplayed, but you now point to an LBW decision as being critical!
I am sorry I assumed some rudimentary understanding (on your part) of what pressure and momentum is all about in cricket; :) and when a team loses a couple of wickets early changes the way the rest of the batsmen play etc. Apologies that I assumed you understood cricket and forgot that your primary aim is to bash the Indian team. :wacko:

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
JustTool said:
I am sorry I assumed some rudimentary understanding (on your part) of what pressure and momentum is all about in cricket; :) and when a team loses a couple of wickets early changes the way the rest of the batsmen play etc. Apologies that I assumed you understood cricket and forgot that your primary aim is to bash the Indian team. :wacko:
What a joke. India scored less than half of the Australian score in the first innings, and all of a sudden the game would have turned on its head and India would have ran away with it if Simon Katich was given out lbw? It's amazing that you accuse others of making excuses when they explain why they think an umpire might have made a bad decision, while apparently complaining about the conditions, the groundman, injuries, umpiring and everything else under the sun is apparently just par for the course when your team is losing.

On another note, does anyone have any idea what the confrontation between Langer and Dravid might have been about?

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
FaaipDeOiad said:
On another note, does anyone have any idea what the confrontation between Langer and Dravid might have been about?
Langer had a go at Agarkar for over-appealing. I think Dravid would have mentioned something like the appeal against Sehwag...

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
SJS said:
11 runs in 68 balls !!

Langer doing a Chopra or Khan and Agarkar doing a McGrath ??
A little bit of both. It was some great bowling, but now Langer seems to be in a bit of a hole and the bowling has eased off a bit.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
JustTool said:
I am sorry I assumed some rudimentary understanding (on your part) of what pressure and momentum is all about in cricket; :)
I do have that.

I also understand when a team is being outplayed, and how that negates any supposed problem when the scores are so far apart.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
The Australian RR has finally pushed up over 2 again. If these two can survive the first few overs after tea they can start to really extend this lead beyond what India could hope to score batting last.

maxpower

U19 Cricketer
barring any collapse by AUS, IND should be looking at chasing about 500 runs with AUS declaring by lunch tommorow. IND probably all out by 2nd session on 5th day.

Dydl

International Debutant
Katich on 54 off 93 and Langer 23 off 101. Katich is in some form, while Langer seems out of it.

Dydl

International Debutant
Katich has been batting well in the other tests, but he deserves a century, which he is heading for now.

Linda

International Vice-Captain
It's ironic, I feel, that Australia seem to have won this series so comfortably after struggling for 35 years.

masterblaster

International Captain
Weird, but painful for us Indian supporters. This match is just a slow death for India, its the complete contrast to 2001.

It was a glorious 35 year series winning streak wasn't it?