• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Australia in India Thread

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
SJS said:
How is Karthik bowling by the way ?
Very nicely, and he did in the first innings as well. He has actually looked more dangerous than Kumble a lot of the time during this test, and his match figures of 5-109 match up against Kumble's match figures of 2-150 pretty well.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Good for him. Another player who is not one of Ganguly's favourites. Reason Ganguly can play him very well :p

Ganguly has always been partial to off spinners since he himself finds them more difficult to play. Strange logic for a skipper.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
FaaipDeOiad said:
True, but he still played brilliantly and deserved a hundred for the second time in this series, and fell just short of it again.

Every batsman gets an extra life from time to time during their career, it's what you do with it that counts.
When did he get his first century in the series?

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Mister Wright said:
When did he get his first century in the series?
He didn't. I meant that he deserved a century, for the second time in the series. He made 81 in the first innings in Bangalore, and was the catalyst for the Australian recovery before Gilchrist and Clarke ran away with it.

Mister Wright

FaaipDeOiad said:
He didn't. I meant that he deserved a century, for the second time in the series. He made 81 in the first innings in Bangalore, and was the catalyst for the Australian recovery before Gilchrist and Clarke ran away with it.

Okay, thanks for clearing that up.

At least he improved his second chance average... :p

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Dydl said:
Ganguly thinks differently to any other captain, which is almost inevitable.
Sure and he has some very strong positivs aspects. He is just too rigid as if listening to and agreeing to a counter opinion is somehow degrading for him. :mellow:

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Mister Wright said:
That's good to hear. He's a valuable player, but if his time is up now, I want it to be because the selectors pick Clarke, not because they are forced into it through Lehmann's injury. One of the most exciting things in this series has been the bat-off between the two, and I'd like to see a result based solely on that batting.

Hope he gets well soon.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Dydl said:
The Aussies have young guns coming into the side, so when the current players go, there is still a good Australian team waiting to continue the good form.
With the bat, yes.

With the ball we're yet to be convinced by any of the back-up.

Sehwag309

Banned
SJS said:
Well if rape is inevitable...might as well lay back and enjoy it
U did arrange for kebabs and beer for the 2nd Indian Innings in chennai

That was not to be, so I guess...u can use em tommorow

I might as well buy some 10%+ beer

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
I dont remember ever looking forward to a series as I did to this one and it has been one disaster after another (three days at Chennai not withstanding).
:confused:

Son Of Coco

marc71178 said:
With the bat, yes.

With the ball we're yet to be convinced by any of the back-up.
I don't think what you saw in Aus against India etc was back-up in the sense that they're the guys who will step up when Mcgrath and Gillespie are gone. At that stage I think they were seen as bowlers to fill the gap, but not really considered to be the next in line to front the attack full time. I wouldn't become too excited expecting Bracken or Williams to take over new ball duties when the inevitable happens! :p