• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* CW XI Media Coverage

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
Well if you didnt want to cause a stirr you wouldnt of responded to him. Simple fact is you did, and those words came right from you.

http://www.extension.iastate.edu/Publications/PM1789D.pdf

I bring your attention to point number 4.

Dont Use Sarcasm - An exaggerated message intended as sarcasm can be taken literally by those who read it, and confusion or arguments may arise.
In your message you showed absolutely no sign that you were using sarcasm (ie: no emoticons or other phrases commonly used to say you are being sarcastic). Maybe you will learn for future times?

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Don't worry Sangrah. The tabloid's cover story was Tony Blair and Michael Jackson have mutant wolf-child.
Really? :wacko: Can't wait to see that!!!!!!! 8-)

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
But the thing is none of his Black team mates are taken in by the manipulation, its all the other teams which wish to cause divisions, as was said earlier, maybe they should concentrate on their own games

masterblaster

International Captain
AUST_HiTMaN said:
Well if you didnt want to cause a stirr you wouldnt of responded to him. Simple fact is you did, and those words came right from you.

http://www.extension.iastate.edu/Publications/PM1789D.pdf

I bring your attention to point number 4.

In your message you showed absolutely no sign that you were using sarcasm (ie: no emoticons or other phrases commonly used to say you are being sarcastic). Maybe you will learn for future times?
I did use the term 'LOL' several times, which Slats4Ever conviniently removed from my conversation.

But anyway, thanks to those who have supported me, this whole episode has really been something so trivial that has been blown all out of proportion by some people.

I'm looking to put this all behind me now, and with the support of all my teammates, Liam and Reuben of the CWBCC I can confidently say that i'm looking forward to performing well with all my heart and soul for the CW XI and for my team, the CW Black.

Once again, thanks to everyone who's supported me during this mis-understanding and thanks to those who haven't jumped on the 'hate MB' bandwagon.

Cheers,

MB

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
I have the convo logged in MSN history, and you used the term 'lol' once during the conversation in question. :)

However, i cant be farked harping on about it any more. Its all yours Slats.

ash chaulk

International Captain
yeah stop stirring and trying to make people do things there gunna regret peeps.

Go ask your own team how they feel.... just cause the blacks are the best team doesnt mean they need to get picked on

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
I got the lovin coming out at the people i like...

The people I like can all take a joke to which is good.

KennyD

I just about wasted my teenage years reading all that stuff...

Bloody funny though, makes me wish id been here since the start...

*looks solemnly in to the distance as he fondles his....Newberry....

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Daily Blast

Mr Ponting Calls It A Career
by Kwase Knight

It was a career full of ups and downs. Mr Ponting began in the CW Cricket system with a burst of 49 wickets (32 FC and 17 OD) in 16 matches (8 FC and 8 OD). He then went on to claim 218 wickets in both forms of cricket over the course of a 6-season career.

FC Statistics
44 Matches
68 Innings
12 NOs
1091 Runs
Avge: 19.48
5x50, 0x100
HS: 86

1637.1 Overs
147 Wickets
Avge: 31.12
4x5w, 0x10w
BB: 6/16
Econ: 2.79
SR: 66.82

23 ct, 0 st

List-A OD Statistics
9 Matches
26 Innings
6 NOs
242 Runs
Avge: 12.10
0x50, 0x100
HS: 25

381 Overs
71 Wickets
Avge: 25.18
3x4w, 1x5w
BB: 5/35
Econ: 4.69
SR: 32.20

12 ct, 0 st

Mr Ponting debuted at the international level on the Season 4 tour of Australia. Bowling at lively pace, but still very raw, he finished with stats of 12 wickets at an average of 64.08 in 5 Tests. Things weren't much further outstanding in the following VB series - 6 wickets @ 34.67, 5.94 economy.

Still, Mr Ponting was persisted with for three more tours and the World Cup, eventually playing some 8 Tests and 24 One Day Internationals. All the while success was far more frequent in the limited over game and indeed Ponting starred in the brilliant CW XI World Cup campaign.

World Cup Statistics
10 Matches
4 Innings
2 NOs
44 Runs
Avge: 22.00
SR: 57.14
0x50, 0x100
HS: 30*

81 Overs
20 Wickets
Avge: 19.75
0x4w, 0x5w
BB: 3/36
Econ: 4.88
SR: 24.30

1 ct, 0 st

Test Statistics
8 Matches
14 Innings
2 NOs
184 Runs
Avge: 15.33
1x50, 0x100
HS: 58

409.4 Overs
30 Wickets
Avge: 46.27
0x5w, 0x10w
BB: 4/57
Econ: 3.39
SR: 81.93

1 ct, 0 st

ODI Statistics
24 Matches
13 Innings
4 NOs
127 Runs
Avge: 14.11
SR: 50.00
0x50, 0x100
HS: 30*

187.5 Overs
37 Wickets
Avge: 24.86
1x4w, 0x5w
BB: 4/43
Econ: 4.91
SR: 30.41

5 ct, 0 st

Controversy marred the final season of Mr Ponting's career, as he was traded from Red to Black early in the season. The move perhaps influenced the eventual decision of retirement, for Ponting never really looked a class bowler since.

Mr Ponting was perhaps one of the most talented and quickest bowlers CW has and will see, but unfortunately we never did see his best. At the highest level he had his moments, but the plot seemed lost toward its end.

The press statement from the man:

"I've decided to retire from CW XI, dev league and so on effective at the end of the finals series. I have really enjoyed the experience, great fun.

To the Blacks and Reds, great to play alongside and thanks to both teams despite the controversy. I think I retired happily instead of what I could have done and retired during the crisis with everyone wanting me out.

To Liam and Reuben (the CWBCC), 'specially Liam, cheers for all the fun had mate, its been good.

Just to clarify I will be playing out the finals series and plan to play a part in the Nikhil case, but afterwards my retirement will be in effect. And I won't do a Nikhil!"

Surely it is a career ended too soon?

Slats4ever

i can't agree more. way too soon and i hope you haven't made the wrong decision...

Definately a player who stuck up for himself and never lied down both on and off the field.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Red BlackMail!

Red BlackMail

By Cameron Stanley

AS the Nikhil trial approaches its beginning stunning revelations have surfaced today about possible blackmailing of the entire Cricket Web Black side by Reds' member Sean Bennett (aka Steds).

No details have been confirmed at this stage, but it appears likely that Steds has paid all Cricketweb Black members to either withdraw from the final fixture or to underperform.

Nobody is available for comment at this stage, but this could not come at a worse possible time for the cricketweb community.

What action, if any will be taken by the CWBCC?

Mr. P

Just so everyone knows...looks like I will be appearing on this section of CW in the not too distant future...we'll see I guess.:)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Daily Blast

MØRK: SCORE RUNS OR GET OUT
by Kwase Knight

In a candid interview following Yorkshire's loss to Middlesex at Headingley, veteran opening batsman and wicketkeeper Håkon Mørk spoke as to the Test match fortunes of the Cricket Web XI. This lead in turn comments about skipper Brendon Goff, amidst murmurs of uncertainty regarding his place in the Test side.

"It is dangerous for any team to carry a player who brings little in any of the three important departments of cricket - let alone a team who struggles to win Test series," stated the Norwegian right-hander.

The clear insinuation was that Goff was not quite worthy of his Test match place, as a player ahead of any captaincy considerations. This is quite understandable, however, considering Goff's average of 27.13 in Test matches as captain. Some would suggest this to have some correlation with his captaincy record of 2 wins, 7 losses and 3 draws. These losses include a humiliating 5-wicket defeat at the hands of Bangladesh, the minnow nation's maiden Test match victory.

Commenting also on the issue was leading Cricket Web batsman, Andrew Cloete. He stated to the Australian chapter of the Daily Blast, "Brendon is a top captain and I enjoy playing under him. However our test results are utterly disappointing. It seems that every new player coming through the CWXI ranks only performs in pyjama cricket. Blewy is a perfect example of this, he is, in my mind, far and away the best ODI batsman the world has ever seen. Unfortunately, he's a substandard Test batsman. We need experienced and quality Test players to lead from the front. Unfortunately Blewy seems to be helping to weigh down an already underperforming team."

To Goff's credit, the CW XI One Day International side has been a force under his leadership, winning 28 of 35 limited overs matches. His methods of leadership, demanding discipline and commitment, have been more effective in the bustle of 50 overs. Whether he will be able to make the switch to the longer form soon could make or break Goff's Test match career. A lot of pressure even for the strongest of men. Will he be able to cope with it and rise above? Only time will tell.

Last edited:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Let your batting do the talking Blewy!

...and of course if that doesnt work - start killing people :D

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Nixonstown Inquirer

CWBCC BRING IN NEW FACE TO SUPPORT UNDER-FIRE GOFF
Aaron Cullen, Twybridge

The increasing speculation over the future of the CricketWeb XI's Test match captain seems set to take another turn tomorrow, according to a report leaked to the Inquirer by an unnamed source.

Brendon Goff, whose tenure as skipper has led to ODI success but little return from the Test arena both for himself and his side - who have won just 6 of their 38 matches, is set to be joined at the top table of the national side by a non-playing coach in an attempt to breathe new life into the flagging fortunes of the team.

The brown envelope stuffed under my hotel room door this morning suggests the new appointment will have wide-ranging roles including input onto the selection panel and the right to determine tactics from aggression, batting and bowling orders to composition and approach of the side as well as producing regular reports on the XI's strengths and manifold weaknesses as well as individual work with players.

It's also rumoured that the new appointment will take a very hard line on some of the team members' "extra-curricular" activities. All-rounder Liam Camps' sponsorship deal with Rizla could be one of the first casualties of the new régime. Sources indicate the new man will come from the Ray Jennings school of 'hard knocks' thinking, with names such as ex-CWXI seamers Eddie Sanders and Corey Taylor in the mix alongside Richard Dickinson, Tom Cowans and Dale Brumby. Several local bookmakers are also marking recently retired Guy Kerridge down as a possibility, with others suggesting veteran CW campaigners Peter Young, Simon Fitzsimmons and Andrew Garven as outside shots.

The Board are likely to act shortly to avoid speculation getting out of hand, with the contract likely to run for the VB Series and following tour of South Africa.

Latest Odds from SportBet.cw
3.50 Corey Taylor
4.50 Eddie Sanders
6.00 Richard Dickinson
9.00 Guy Kerridge
13.00 Peter Young
19.00 Tom Cowans
26.00 Simon Fitzsimmons
41.00 Dale Brumby
67.00 Andrew Garven

a.r.cullen@nti.cw