• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** NatWest Series/Challenge

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Well I don't wanna tempt fate (although you wouldn't know it!), but I'd say Big Dunc would be the slightly happier of the coaches. Good effort from Oz & especially Hussey to get to 252 after being 62-4 tho.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Nnanden said:
He`s about to take four-for.

You heard it here banana.

And for the record, the Collingwood catch IS the best I`ve ever seen.
ill keep an extra window with this quote in it up. we'll see. and hope!

Demolition Man

State Vice-Captain
Nnanden said:

Afew off the top of my head
 Damien Martyn catching Wavell Hinds at Adelaide oval
 Glen McGrath of Shane Warne Adelaide oval ashes 2002-11-24
 Mark Waugh at WACA against new Zealand
 Mark Waugh VVS Laxman 3rd test India 2001
 Dutch guy catch at ICC championships 2002
 Mark Waugh world cup final 1999
 Adam Gilchrist first season in Australia a few one in famous Bellerive test
 BRAD HOGG AT POINT FOR WA VERSUS UNKNOIWN AROUND 1997 SHIELD GAME AT WACA In 1995-96, he also claimed what some commentators still affectionately dub 'the catch of the century' - diving horizontally to his left to grasp the remains of a full-blooded cut shot from South Australia's Paul Nobes.
 he has often thrilled fans in Perth with his ability to produce the unpredictable, perhaps the best example of this found in a series of wickets and sensational catches in the final two matches of Western Australia's title-winning 1999-2000 Mercantile Mutual Cup campaign.
 And or mike Hussey at point
 Murray Goodwin
 Gilchrist during 16 streak Vs Pakistan Perth and Hobart
 Gilchrist huge run and dive in ashes 2001 Tresco thick in England
 Tyson outfield catch
 Sort of Macmillan versus India 2002 odi
 Andy Bichel versus south Africa odi 2001-2002
 Mark Taylor catch using feet at SCG?
 David boon Warne hat trick
 Laxman vs Zimbabwe at Adelaide oval 2003-2004
 Ponting vs India at mcg leaping high full length 03-04
 Steve Waugh vs Windies classic
 Andy Symond’s heaps
 96-97 sri lanka vs India odi gem gabba Adelaide or tassie
 tillikaratne 4th attempt agains aus 2004-03-16 kandy Symond’s
 m Taylor 4 attempts flicks it of his boot catch
 m Waugh catch with the fingers
 Sinclair catch in outfield verus Australia game one chapel hadlee trophy
 D bravo game 1 VB series 2005, gilchrist catch

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
King_Ponting said:
australia will win. they are better prepared than yesterday and hav 5 bowlers. that will make up their 50 overs
Really? The only preparation they had this morning was being stuck at the hotel because their bus was blocked in - or was it that that the coach was stuck?

tassietiger

U19 Debutant
Nnanden said:

Dwayne Bravo took one down here that I thought was incredible too. Same with Ponting, can't remember who against but it was at midwicket at full stretch. Not to mention Glenn's in the Ashes a while ago.

But about the match, my finger has been hovering over the mute button for a while now, geez these Poms back themselves. Don't know who said it, but after Collingwood's catch, they said something about being the best team ever. Settle down, you're not even the best team in the stadium. Also, about this underrating of our bowling attack, we aren't doing it to you. We're giving credit to your bowler (not a typo btw), so give our bowlers some respect. Just on that, Harmison is a star.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
BoyBrumby said:
McGrath, Kasper &.........sorry, I've gone blank! :D
how silly of you. you're forgetting gillespie. he's the one with the better average, strike rate and economy rate than all the english strike bowlers (excluding lewis, seeing as how he's played one game)

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
OMG! MacGill and Kerry O'Keefe are ABSOLUTELY horrible commentating on this match panel on channel 7. I thought Brendon Julian was bad, but they are ridiculously crap. Its unbearable. I may switch back to Fox Sports simply to avoid these idiots.

King_Ponting

International Regular
luckyeddie said:
Really? The only preparation they had this morning was being stuck at the hotel because their bus was blocked in - or was it that that the coach was stuck?
Better prepared to defend the total because they have the 5 recognised bowlers rather than the 4 they had yesterday

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
andyc said:
how silly of you. you're forgetting gillespie. he's the one with the better average, strike rate and economy rate than all the english strike bowlers (excluding lewis, seeing as how he's played one game)
Actually, Harmison's SR is now better than Gillespies

and you could have excluded Lewis on the grounds he isn't a strike bowler

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
tassietiger said:
Dwayne Bravo took one down here that I thought was incredible too. Same with Ponting, can't remember who against but it was at midwicket at full stretch.
Yeah, was at the ground (MCG) that day to see the catch: it was off Adam Gilchrist I think, and he was (or at least seemed to be) about five metres from the bat. Still, Collingwood's catch must surely be one of the very best.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
superkingdave said:
Actually, Harmison's SR is now better than Gillespies

and you could have excluded Lewis on the grounds he isn't a strike bowler
So's Freddie's, with those two wickets he got gifted. :)