• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in England (The Ashes)

pskov

International 12th Man
Neil Pickup said:
Now, this is a tail.
Thank you Neil, I had virtually purged those dark days from my memory. :@ ;)

Thinking about it now, even Bangladesh's current side bats further down than 5 (waits for Richard....).

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Neil Pickup said:
Test Batting Averages Since January 2003:

Giles 25.77
Hoggard 10.50
Jones 9.50
Harmison 13.05
Total 60.82

Warne 13.33
Lee 15.66
Gillespie 20.32
McGrath 11.36
Total 60.67

Suggests you're talking biased rubbish. Again.
no, their is nothing baised about that at all, its a fair comment though i must say these figures are shocking, lets compare them 1 on 1.

Warne vs Gilo - Giles has a slight edge here
Lee vs Hoggard - Lee surely
Dizzy vs Jones - Dizzy has the egge
Harmison vs Pigeon - Harmison wins :happy:

so overall its fairly even, but which tail do u think will do better???

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
aussie said:
no, their is nothing baised about that at all, its a fair comment though i must say these figures are shocking, lets compare them 1 on 1.

Warne vs Gilo - Giles has a slight edge here
Lee vs Hoggard - Lee surely
Dizzy vs Jones - Dizzy has the egge
Harmison vs Pigeon - Harmison wins :happy:

For Lee vs Hoggard it depends what you want from the tailender.
If it was to score runs then Lee by a mile, but if you wanted someone to just not get out while a proper batsmen could score at the other end id go for Hoggard without hesitation.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
aussie said:
The point is, you said it was easily Australia's. But it's not "easily" - that's why he said it was biased rubbish.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Neil Pickup said:
Now, this is a tail.
The funny thing is, the opposition has a quality batsman in Cairns at 8, and Vettori coming in at 10! In fact, from what I remember of O'connor, he wasn't a bad batsman either.

Linda

International Vice-Captain
Hahaha.. Im sure a while back I said Chris Rogers was next in line for Haydens and Langers possie. Nice that it could still come to fruition after all this time :p:p

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
vic_orthdox said:
The point is, you said it was easily Australia's. But it's not "easily" - that's why he said it was biased rubbish.
oh ok, well then thats my blunder..