• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Domestic Season Thread (2005)

PY

International Coach
Marcus North is dominating the other semi-final as well.

Ruddy, interfering Aussies. :p

PY

International Coach
Let Warks off the hook a little there though. 81 partnership for 8th wicket has made that a defendable score if not more than that.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
This is weird - just heard Stuart MacGill has been released from the Aussie Ashes squad temporarily to play two one-dayers and a 4-dayer for Somerset. Hopefully he'll play against Durham tomorrow, I'm gonna be there.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Barney Rubble said:
This is weird - just heard Stuart MacGill has been released from the Aussie Ashes squad temporarily to play two one-dayers and a 4-dayer for Somerset. Hopefully he'll play against Durham tomorrow, I'm gonna be there.
Figures, as if Derbyshire letting all our rivals win after getting a big first innings lead wasn't bad enough.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Scaly piscine said:
Figures, as if Derbyshire letting all our rivals win after getting a big first innings lead wasn't bad enough.
Letting? All evidence suggests they aren't good enough to defend 337 in any circumstance... :p

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Scaly piscine said:
Told you before - it's all a plot to upset you lot because you're all a bunch of whiners.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Great day at the rose bowl today with a very exctiing century from Ervine and pothas with yet another unbeaten half century. The feilding was brilliant as the 2 runs outs show and maschenhas was his normal conistand accurate self just completly outclassed yorkshire in ever way a great day cant wait for the final now . Another rather entertaining moment was when a horribly fat woman in a Tremlett shirt after consuming large amounts of aclohoal proceeded too throw her drink over one section of suporters and then atempted too hit a man sitting behind her who i assmume must have said something before being dragged away.

Last edited:

PY

International Coach
Pothas said:
Great day at the rose bowl today with a very exctiing century from watson and pothas with yet another unbeaten half century.
Were you actually there?

And if so, how much did you have to drink? :blink:

Chubb

International Regular
Barney Rubble said:
Ervine for England........ :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Well said. Sean is definately a test-class allrounder who would easily be the best player in the Zimbabwe side, he'd make a great addition to our ODI side, in place of Vaughan. It's just a shame that he'll never play for Zimbabwe again.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Chubb said:
Well said. Sean is definately a test-class allrounder who would easily be the best player in the Zimbabwe side, he'd make a great addition to our ODI side, in place of Vaughan. It's just a shame that he'll never play for Zimbabwe again.
I'm sorry, I have to take issue with that - he's not even reached the stage where his FC batting and bowling averages have crossed... so I don't think "Test class all-rounder" covers things...

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Pothas said:
Great day at the rose bowl today with a very exctiing century from watson and pothas
Er, no.....

Watson was undefeated on 11 (although the Yorkie attack was so shot he might well have gone on to that sort of score in the 10 overs remaining). Ervine scored the ton.