• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Season 9 Discussions Thread

Tom Halsey

International Coach
marc71178 said:
(unless "tosser" is now acceptable?)
Whether it is or not, IMO constantly having a go at someone who put hours of spare time into this isn't acceptable either. Cut him some slack, and put up with it. We don't want them getting mercilessly hammered all the time. And the Blues managed to beat them quite easily, anyway.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
MJC Currie drafted into the Blue OD XI for TJ Demeza.

Cricket Web Black vs Cricket Web Blue
at the SCG

Andrew Cloete was at his commanding best, punishing the Black bowlers to all parts on his way to a 4th List-A hundred. Cloete was the central force in a total of 284/9, as he and Crampton added 126 for the 5th wicket, separating two Black fightbacks.

Mike Wilson found his bowling form and took 5 in the innings - far and away the best of the bowlers.

Callum Thompson perished early in the Black chase, and they found momentum hard to gather. Ash Chaulk tried his best with a solid half-century, and Dubb-Lynch, Gooljar and Broadbent showed fight at the end, but it was not near enough. Tom Halsey's commanding 10-over spell did a splendid job for Blue, and Currie finished the game with the wicket of Pickup - his first in OD cricket.

Attachments

Loony BoB

International Captain
Guys, lay off of marc, I'm sure that he has a lot to deal with, what with his team not doing well. I mean, he has to come up with some kind of excuses. Heaven forbid it actually be the player's form, selections or tactics he might use when losing or drawing games against the Colts while other teams are able to do well against us - let alone which team might just have played better on the day, or possibly his fielders missed too many chances as some of his other players I think have pointed out in this thread already. Shock, horror. Those explanations would simply be unthinkable! I, for one, would never suggest such things.

Also, Liam *did* do something about the rookies by adding an experience system. Next season he might consider doing more, I'm sure. But to do both an experience system and a tighter restriction on signups at the same time could have been overcompensation. I think Liam has gone about everything in a businesslike manner rather than a "oh crap guys lets do everything we can to fix it now lol" fashion. Let me put it this way: A cricket captain does not put in eleven bowlers because his first four don't bowl out the opposition.

Now, I don't know what tactics Marc is using, but if he is ever wanting assistance with his team, Kyle and I may be able to work out a nice money-for-advice solution - I've not talked to Kyle about this, mind you, so we'll have to wait and see if he's willing. ;)

Personally, I think it's just the fact that marc is so easy to wind up when playing against the Colts. The lightest of our friendly banter, especially when from the new chaps, seems to get him very hot headed, and his decision making as a captain may well be affected by it. Just a guess, though. :D

He's a good laugh in the CW Bar, though. And surely that is, at the end of the day, what counts. :)

The Baconator

International Vice-Captain
Nice win there, great 100 by Cloete and a nice 50 for myself. Decent bowling performance as well, with Halsey standing out, but we probably let them get a little closer than we should have done. Still a nice win though, and congrats to Currie on his first wicket.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
The Baconator said:
Nice win there, great 100 by Cloete and a nice 50 for myself. Decent bowling performance as well, with Halsey standing out, but we probably let them get a little closer than we should have done. Still a nice win though, and congrats to Currie on his first wicket.
First time anyone's ever been congratulated for getting me out.

Loony BoB

International Captain
marc71178 said:
Funny how some people change their tune when they change teams isn't it...
Can only assume you're referring to me, being the only person I can think of who has changed teams since your last post, but not entirely sure as to what the comment refers to in particular. Especially given that you were highlighting CW Green as a rookie-boosted side last season. I, for one, made the thread about rookies in the appropriate forum (unlike yourself), offered multiple solutions (unlike yourself), noticed that actions HAD been taken (unlike yourself), respected the fact that making too many changes in one season could overcompensate (unlike yourself) and then did not whinge about it (unlike yourself) but rather continued to keep comments referring to any problems that may possibly exist with rookies to the thread which I made to discuss such things (unlike yourself). Oh, and I also respected the fact that changes are unable to be made mid-season (unlike yourself) and chose to instead wait until the end of the season (unlike yourself) before offering solutions rather than highlighting already well known issues (unlike yourself).

However, I'll stop with posting in this thread about such things now (hopefully not unlike yourself) and keep them in the thread that was made for such comments (also hopefully not unlike yourself).

wuv woo marcy~ *cuddle*

Paid The Umpire

All Time Legend
Well i continue my crazy form... with a nice 27* of 24balls

But what can i say, i'm a banana?
Or something. pity me partner and i were not given enough time to win it for the Reds. Pity

Langers Weird Stats
OD 87runs @ 29.00 Strikerate of 94.6
FD 155runs @ 25.83 Strikerate of 27.3
Difference of 66runs per 100 balls!

Loony BoB

International Captain
Hence the end of my post. :D It's all good, man. I couldn't keep it up if I tried, really - I'm not very good at holding on to that sort of thing. :p

Travis_Teh

International Regular
Congratulations boys on a solid win. Insane batting Andy.
Was going to make an apology to the blue boys on my suspension, but i'm not sure if I have to as you guys didn't need me anyway! :)

Keep it up.