• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Season 9 Discussions Thread

Loony BoB

International Captain
It's been confirmed that OJ Cook will be released to play for CW Black while they have a shortage of batsmen, provided CW Colts do not suffer any injuries to our players. If a CW Colts player suffers injury before the end of the loan period of the first three ODIs between England and CWLand (possibly to be extended for further ODIs), Cook will return to the CW Colts side. Agreement was reached with confirmation by both Neil and Kyle.

Travis_Teh

International Regular
Loony BoB said:
It's been confirmed that OJ Cook will be released to play for CW Black while they have a shortage of batsmen, provided CW Colts do not suffer any injuries to our players. If a CW Colts player suffers injury before the end of the loan period of the first three ODIs between England and CWLand (possibly to be extended for further ODIs), Cook will return to the CW Colts side. Agreement was reached with confirmation by both Neil and Kyle.
He doesn't appear to be very active on here,he is very busy with uni and kind of forum illiterate ;)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Loony BoB said:
I was surprised that Broadbent didn't make the ODI squad, but then figured it was probably due to inactivity in recent times, since I didn't even know his forum name. After a bit of research, I've found that his last activity anywhere in the forums was apparently on the 25th January this year!? Why is he still considered an active player if this is the case? That's over a full season ago!

EDIT: Hasn't posted in the Dev League since December 2004.
Slipped through the cracks. I've already talked to Neil though, and he will be deemed inactive immediately upon the end of the season.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Cricket Web Colts vs Cricket Web Blue
at the Bellerive Oval

Two superb overs at the end of the Colts innings ensured a stunning loss for the home side, as they fell short of their chase by just 1 run. Chasing 250 for victory, just 9 runs were needed off the final two overs, but a wicket each to Demeza and Patrick hampered the cause.

Earlier, Alex Crampton's fantastic late innings cameo helped Blue post a competitive total of 249, buy the batting of Das and Malthus-Howell looked to be stealing away victory for the Colts. After all the drama at the end, Das remained unbeaten short of a maiden OD hundred.

CW Blue 249/7 (50 overs)
CW Colts 248/5 (50 overs)

CW Blue won by 1 run
Man of the Match: AS Das

Cricket Web Black vs Cricket Web Red
at the SCG

Despite a late charge from Chris Kalmar and a career-best innings from Darren Dubb-Lynch, Black was not able to attain the victory target of 276. Continuing in fine form, James Stedman was caught at midon, tragically short of his ton but set up a good Red total.

Smart hitting from Gray, Langley and Borcich at the end was perhaps the difference between the teams, as Red scored 91 runs in the last 10 overs.

CW Red 275/7 (50 overs)
CW Black 257/9 (50 overs)

CW Red won by 18 runs
Man of the Match: NA Borcich

Attachments

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Haha, unlucky Colts. :) Not our best performance, but we got the win. Brilliant bowling at the death from Nath and Travis, and great batting from Dinu and Cloete to get us to a defendable target. Might've been a slightly easier win if we hadn't bowled 17 wides though. :blink:

new_age_ar

First Class Debutant
So close but so far for the Colts, great knock by Das really deserved a hundred, easierly been our best OD bat this season outside Towns. Hopefully i can provide Das a bit more support in the coming games, with the skippers out.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
age_master said:
he was actually excempt from posting declaring his activity as were all players on tour (though most of the rest did post anyway from memory)
I must admit I thought someone else was him - he somehow slipped the net...

David

International 12th Man
Who said I couldn't bowl in OD? What's more, I bowled all my ten in the one spell, pleased with my personal performance and ecstatic about the teams performance :)

The Baconator

International Vice-Captain
Great climax to that match, some top-class death bowling won it for us when it looked like we were heading for defeat. The total was probably not quite enough, but I guess it doesn't really matter in the end.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Tough luck Colts. Another quality performance, unlucky not to win. It's going to be tough without the international players, but you guys put up a top performance.

Travis_Teh

International Regular
Nice win blue, glad I made up for the expensive start with a couple of decent overs at the end.
Overall we played well, not bad and not great, b ut a win is a win :)

Unlucky colts.

Hoggy31

International Captain
Great Stuff Reds, Beautifully batted by Stedman and Dauth then the bowling by Kennett and Edmunds.. GO REDS!!!

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
Loony BoB said:
Das, I assure you, I totally know how you feel.

Bad luck, Colts - take it on next time around. :)
Aha yes. So close on both counts as well (the win and the 100).

_Ed_

Good win Reds! I went for a few, embarrassing! Glad to pick up a few wickets though.