• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Season 9 Discussions Thread

SupaFreak2005

International Vice-Captain
I think Reds put a hex on us, must consult my witchdoctor to lift any eeevil spells put upon us..
Steds where are you?
Wait a minute... I think I need to change witchdoctors!!
Steds you're fired! :mellow:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Awesome win team! Get excited! WOO HOO! Wonderful effort to win there, I`m stoked. And poor Colts, snatched defeat from the jaws of victory there.

De Silva - you are the OD gun of the world. And amazing late hitting by Alex, beautiful. But Travis was ahead of me in the batting order. Eek. Great bowling by all the pacers, and besides my stats, I was very happy with my bowling, love that last over.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Nnanden said:
Awesome win team! Get excited! WOO HOO! Wonderful effort to win there, I`m stoked. And poor Colts, snatched defeat from the jaws of victory there.

De Silva - you are the OD gun of the world. And amazing late hitting by Alex, beautiful. But Travis was ahead of me in the batting order. Eek. Great bowling by all the pacers, and besides my stats, I was very happy with my bowling, love that last over.
... :huh:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cricket Web Green vs Cricket Web Red
at the CWBCC Stadium

The Green seamers came up big in the clutch, as Red fell 10 short of victory. Some 36 runs were needed off the last 5 overs, then 25 off the last 4, but crucial wickets were taken by Rose and Cunnigham to stunt the tempo.

Earlier, Malone scored his second consecutive OD hundred, adding 157 for the second wicket with Garven. Borcich's 3 wickets looked set to prevent the Greens from capitalizing on the start though, but Lezama's played a stirring cameo to speak otherwise.

Bennett and Stedman started the Red chase in commanding fashion, then a quick slide of wickets left progress less certain. Alas, Iyer and Gray redeemed the innings and pushed toward potential victory, until the Green burst at the end.

CW Green 270/5 (50 overs)
CW Red 261/7 (50 overs)

CW Green won by 9 runs
Man of the Match: RJ Malone

Attachments

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Injury Notice

Pooja "Resha" Bharat will miss 5 game days with a peculiar injury. When asked to state the nature of the injury, CW Green publicist seemed somewhat shamefaced. After a brief pause, he revealed that it is, indeed, a chest injury. He declined further comment.

Last edited:

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
Mixed results there Reds - but alot of encouraging signs while the ODI players are gone.

Nick - top bowling in the last 2 games mate. Really stepping up to the plate with the extra pressure.

Good luck for the next couple of games Reds.

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
Good performance from the Greens, Malone on fire with the bat again and the bowlers keeping things under raps. Good way to hit back after the FC game...

David

International 12th Man
Terrible performance from myself, really need to pick it up in the ODers.

Unlucky loss Red.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
I think a certain umpire might need to check the lbw rules, oh well if he says their not out they must be not out. 8-)

A victory their would of given us a nice lead on the Greens in ODs, but well still coming first for the moment. Pretty angry at myself for those four dot balls at the end, i should of atleast got a single and given Jamee the strike.

Majin

International Debutant
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
See above. Can life go on now? :p
Yes, yes. I was actually just posting that so I could post something about the injury after it but I got nothing so I left it at that. B) i'm so suave.