• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Season 9 Discussions Thread

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cricket Web Green vs Cricket Web Colts
at the CWBCC Stadium

Rob Malone hit a gritty hundred for Green, as his team chased 336 for victory against the Colts. Malone, Garven and Cunningham batted with great purpose and patience to attain the large target.

The Colts batted first and received half-centuries from Mamesh and Hancock on their way to 236 all out, and they then took a first-innings lead of 41 - Green 195 all out. The second innings was a sight to behold. Mamesh first set pace with a blinding half-century, but Jasotharan surpassed him in unbelievable fashion.

The young batsman took just 55 balls to reach his maiden FC hundred, dominating a total of 294 all out. The target looked challenging, but with half the game remaining (time-wise), Green always had the belief of victory.

Cricket Web Colts 1st Innings 236 all out
Cricket Web Green 1st Innings 195 all out
Cricket Web Colts 2nd Innings 294 all out
Cricket Web Green 2nd Innings 336 for 5
Cricket Web Green won by 5 wkts.

Man of the Match: RJ Malone

Cricket Web Blue vs Cricket Web Red
at the PDV Dome

Slow first innings batting was the trademark at the PDV Dome, and it was matched by a slow determined grind from Blue at the end. The Blues batted out all of day five to draw a match that saw some interesting cricket.

Red batted first, but never truly got any momentum in their game. Mørk, Dobson, Langley, Gray and Stedman all got scores amidst 379 all out, but the total took more than two days to compile. Still, the Reds looked in control when they limited Blue to 77/5. Captain Sean Fuller was not willing to give up, though, and he batted well with Dylan Jellett to take the total to 219 all out.

Nick Borcich took had his best haul of the season, claiming 5 wickets. A substantial lead in the bag, Red batted at a quicker pace, but still could not find any true momentum. The declaration came at the end of day four, and it set up and intriguing final day. Simon Fitzsimmons buckled down and played for a desperate unbeaten half-century, as the main contributor toward the draw.

Cricket Web Red 1st Innings 379 all out
Cricket Web Blue 1st Innings 219 all out
Cricket Web Red 2nd Innings 193 for 5 dec.
Cricket Web Blue 2nd Innings 200 for 5
Match Drawn.

Man of the Match: H Mørk

Attachments

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Interesting match, good work by Simon to hold on for the draw on day 5. Good fightback in the first innings from Sean and Dylan as well. Bowling was generally solid without anyone really putting in a big performace, but it doesn't appear as though there was a great deal in it for the bowlers. It can't have been terribly exciting for the spectators though, 30 wickets and less than 1000 runs in 5 days. :blink:

Quite amused at my own first-innings bowling figures: 43-25-41-3. That'll bring my economy rate back down to normal levels after being a bit profligate this season. ;)

Loony BoB

International Captain
Wow! Jaso, that's some top stuff! Surely the fastest OD century in CWLand!? Also great to see Mamesh scoring a couple more 50's with Brown and Hancock chipping in. Poor batting from the rest of the players, though, with the few other players making starts unable to go on with them. In the bowling department, it's great to see that when Thomas isn't taking wickets by the handful, Comley and McKern step in with intent.

Tough luck overall, Colts, but I'm starting to see a lot of really good things coming out of the players. It slipped away in the last innings, but until then you were leading and I'm sure we can work on the problems that might be holding us back.

Also, wow, Malone is really in top form in both FC and OD, scoring consecutive 100's in OD and a match-winning century in FC... gotta give credit where it's due.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Well drawn Blue.

Nice and economical but no wickets in 40+ overs suggests I need work on taking wickets on a personal note.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Not bad. A draw will keep us in top spot you'd think, and we were up against it for most of the game so it's a good result. Happy with my bowling and first innings batting too.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Good application shown for the first and last innings of the game, we let them off the hook too much though the middle though. great batting from Rob - just 8 boundaries in his hundred, the most patient i have ever seen him bat, great to see :) Sajith's 2nd innings bowling figures weren't to shabby either ;)

Simon

78 from 298, geez thats some slow scoring! but it still wasnt slower than Hakon's first innings effort...
anyway solid performance guys, a draw is respectable...

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bad luck Colts. Great performance in the first innings and with so much time left in the match we probably should have given ourselves a bit more time to get a larger total. Great batting from Jasotharan.

David

International 12th Man
8(103) at number 3 :p

Pleased with my night watchman efforts, although I could've done better with the ball.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
I would`ve really liked to stand up with the ball in that game, but not to be. Match figures of 3/119 is pretty dissapointing, especially the amouny of extras. But such is life. :laugh:

Well bowled Adam (as always!) and Sean. Handy little bowling unit we`ve got here. Superb batting by Pete, Simon, Sean and Jellett. You saved us boys!

Special mention to Hakon and Nick - great efforts.

King_Ponting

International Regular
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Cricket Web Green vs Cricket Web Colts
at the CWBCC Stadium

The Colts batted first and received half-centuries from Mamesh and Hancock on their way to 236 all out, and they then took a first-innings lead of 41 - Green 195 all out.
i think u mean JB Brown.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Cricket Web Blue vs Cricket Web Green
at the PDV Dome

The Greens continued their resurgence with a crucial win over Blue in the last round of FC matches heading into the fourth quarter. Anthony Lezama's first innings hundred was the trump card, as Green posted 389 all out, and later forced Blue to follow on.

Only Fitzsimmons, among Blue batsmen, truly looked comfortable at the crease in the match, scoring two half-centuries. Jellett contributed with a fighting second innings 54, however.

Chasing just 63 for victory, the Greens won comfortably, and Feeney stroked a boundary for the winning runs.

Cricket Web Green 1st Innings 389 all out
Cricket Web Blue 1st Innings 173 all out
Cricket Web Blue 2nd Innings Following On 278 all out
Cricket Web Green 2nd Innings 66 for 2
Cricket Web Green won by 8 wkts.

Man of the Match: A Lezama

Cricket Web Blacks vs Cricket Web Colts
at the SCG

For the second time in consecutive matches, the Colts failed to push home to victory from an advantageous position. This time, the obstacle was Mike Wilson. Having a disappointing sophomore season overall, Wilson rose to the occasion and bowled a fantastic spell to claim 6 wickets and help dismiss the Colts for 87 in their second innings.

The Colts had earlier batted first and scored 303 all out. The bowlers then shared the wickets nicely to have Black struggling 155/7. Gareth Gooljar and Chris Kalmar held on, though, and posted one of the most sleep-inducing, yet crucial, partnerships in Dev League history. Black cut the first innings deficit to 99.

Still on top, the Colts attempted to consolidate, but Wilson was in irresistible form. The Blacks were left with a chase of 187 for victory, and half centuries from Josy and Jones ensured it was easily achieved.

Cricket Web Colts 1st Innings 303 all out
Cricket Web Black 1st Innings 204 all out
Cricket Web Colts 2nd Innings 87 all out
Cricket Web Black 2nd Innings 190 for 2
Cricket Web Black won by 8 wkts.

Man of the Match: MW Wilson

Attachments

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Not a great time to lose a match, we'll have to have a good final quarter if we're to finish on top now. Not a very good performance really, batting was poor with the exception of Simon in both innings and Dylan in the second. Apart from Halsey the bowling wasn't great either, though no doubt hindered by seven first-innings drops. Fairly average performance personally, three wickets but only one of them important, and a few first-innings runs as well.

Back to the nets, then. :)

SquidAU

First Class Debutant
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Gareth Gooljar and Chris Kalmar held on, though, and posted one of the most sleep-inducing, yet crucial, partnerships in Dev League history.
Jeez, that is slow!

Reminds me of 35 overs of blocking I did playing as Kenya in Cricket 2002!