• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Season 9 Discussions Thread

Resha

School Boy/Girl Captain
Majin said:
Yes, yes. I was actually just posting that so I could post something about the injury after it but I got nothing so I left it at that. B) i'm so suave.
BURN. But thanks for saving my sanctity or whatever. :)

Don

State Vice-Captain
good win team.now lets continue the winning.
good to be back in the runs again.gotta try this opening stuff more often

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cricket Web Green vs Cricket Web Colts
at the CWBCC Stadium

Dan Rai and Xavier Rose held their nerve at the very end, as Cricket Web Green pulled off a stunning come-from-behind win over the Colts. The Colts bowled with great heart and got themselves in front with Green 63/4 after being limited to just 205 all out.

The effort was not enough, and the sensible batting of Anthony Lezama set a platform for Green hope. In the end it was pure guts from Rai and Rose. The two batsmen came together with 31 runs needed from 22 balls, and just 2 wickets in hand. A calculated Rose slog over long on for six, and it was clear that the game was still on.

With 16 needed off the final two overs, McKern bowled his final over, and surrendered a crucial boundary to a totally unexpected reverse paddle from Rai. The equation was narrowed to 6 off the last 6 balls, and Rai split the fielders on the cover boundary to tie the challenge, then lofted over cover for the winning single - a ball to spare.

CW Colts 205 ao (49.4 overs)
CW Green 206/8 (49.5 overs)

CW Green won by 2 wickets
Man of the Match: DK Rai

Cricket Web Blue vs Cricket Web Red
at the PDV Dome

A middle order clatter of 3 wickets for 3 runs was decisive, as the Reds fell 21 runs short in their chase of CW Blue's 257/4. Rich Langley and Tharmi Loganathan played well to give some respectability to the total, but the bowling of Adam Collins and Tom Halsey in the middle overs had already done sufficient damage.

Peter Young scored his 6th OD half-century, top scoring in the Blue innings. Dinu DeSilva also contributed nicely with a fifty, and Fuller and Wilshere constructed a good unbeaten partnership at the end.

After the early loss of Stedman, Sean Bennett struck a good half-century and he combined with the middle order to give the impression of a strong challenge from Red. Alas, confusion saw a dramatic slide to 123/5, then Halsey spun a tight web to increase the pressure looking forward to the end.

CW Blue 257/4 (50 overs)
CW Red 236/7 (50 overs)

CW Blue won by 21 runs
Man of the Match: AA Collins

Attachments

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Great win there Greens. Once again though I sucked with the ball. Wonder what's happening. Oh yeah dropped catches too. I need all the help I can get you know.

Majin

International Debutant
I'm in total shock. I was browsing the forum and saw "Man of the Match: D.K Rai" and I nearly fell out of my chair. Wasn't expecting that one at all. I'm extremely pleased to have contributed something to the team this way. Got out the opposing sides top scorer once more, 4 wickets at 10.25 in all. And then man, that was some tense batting at the end. More class from Lezama, the man never stops. Feels great to be able to contribute to a green win. :)

Edit:
Commentary said:
-----------------------
DK Rai 5-0-11-0
=======================

DK Rai to JB Malthus-Howell: 1 run
DK Rai to JB Brown: No Run
DK Rai to JB Brown: No Ball: 1 run
DK Rai to JB Malthus-Howell: OUT!
-----------------------
JB Malthus-Howell c A Feeney b DK Rai 77
Balls 108 Fours 5 Sixes 0
-----------------------
DK Rai to NR Hancock: 1 run
DK Rai to JB Brown: 3 runs
DK Rai to NR Hancock: Appeal for LBW
-----------------------
End of Over No. 41 (11 Runs)
COL: 163/5
-----------------------
Run Rate: 4.0
-----------------------
NR Hancock 5 (2)
JB Brown 24 (57)
-----------------------
DK Rai 6-0-26-1
I don't get it. ;_; I should have been 4-32 at the end.

Last edited:

dinu23

International Debutant
good team performance there guys!
good effort from the batsmen specially from Pete,Fuller and wilshere.
and some tight bowling from travis,patrick and collins.
keep them comming guys.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I know Reds aren't due one until the others have had one - but can't remember how many such picks there are...

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Welcome to the system. :)

Who wants him? Black?
Well he would have to choose between keeping and bwoling wouldnt he lol....

but youd have to ask neil if we wanted him.. he can bat for sure but its up to neil.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Agreed. It seems Black need him most.

Absolutely fantastic team win there by the Blues in which everybody shone. A much needed OD victory. A solid innings by Pete, some great late hitting and yet another tremendous effort from De Silva was fantastic to watch. And our bowlers were great, with some wickets, not many runs conceeded and Adam had both! :p Very happy with my two wickets, abeit expensively.

Keep it up fellas.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Good win Blue, top spot in both forms is still well within reach. We should be looking to make both finals at the least. Excellent allround performance, pretty much everyone contributing in one way or another. Surprised to get MotM over PY and Dinu, but I don't get too many so I'll take it. :p

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
C'mon Colts. I know we're missing some experienced players but we really need to turn these close losses into victories. Our 2nd innings batting is not good enough in the 5day games and our bowlers, while they bowl with heart really need to get the wickets.