• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Grade cricket is a new invention to the CW system, inspired by the Australian competition with the same name. There are ten teams who compete for the CW Grade Cup, and all CW players are invited to participate. If a player is not picked for his Dev League game, he will automatically be given a game for his grade side. The grade side will also feature amateurs taken in from neighbouring countries, although registered CW members will always have preference.

Every CW player who does not specifically say so will be assigned to a team, who will compete for the CW Grade Cup - a maximum of nine CW players can play in each side, and a minimum of two. The players after each team took part last season.

• Davistow Darters: (9) DJ Watt, DM Kennett, NS Hoy, RA Langley, DJ Comley, NL Patrick, DA Kearsley, HG Warwick, GS Gooljar
  • Nixonstown Foxes: (8) JR Gray, MJC Currie, I Markus, AL Feeney, MJ Pitt, PG Gundry, AJ Fensome, A Crampton
  • Pickford Panthers: (8) NS Pickup, TC Halsey, CB Benjamin, PE Young, SE Fuller, MW de Silva, GM Roberts, Bharanidharan
  • Greater Robbham Grooters: (8) RJ Dauth, MJ Robbins, AP Chaulk, GKK Dobson, PR Sajith, CD McKern, NG Scott, MT Mitchell
  • Gofftown Tigers: (8) BJ Goff, RJ Malone, JB Malthus-Howell, S Jasotharan, GM Thomas, RGEWS Cribb, BV Vaughan, TJ Demeza
  • Stedingham Jets: (8) SA Bennett, CL Kalmar, CR Butler, T Loganathan, AA Cameron, T Mamesh, JE Stedman, SC Popat
  • Twybridge Titans: (8) JP McNamara, A Crampton, TV Weber, AS Das, SJ Burke, NR Hancock, RJ Malone, BL Wilshere
  • Edfield Seahawks: (8) H Mørk, DP Towns, NA Borcich, DK Rai, GN Nayak, G Nayak, P Bharat, MS Smith
  • Campsfield Braves: (8) LA Camps, AAA Collins, MW Wilson, DY Dubb-Lynch, AJ Blackman, KS Wright, DS Singh, D Jellett
  • Garven Island Sharks: (9) DP Richards, AJ Garven, AP Cloete, BC Cunningham, XPA Rose, A Lezama, SG Fitzsimmons, S Jones, CP Thompson

After each Dev League match, the simmers (me and David Kennett) go through the players who have not been picked for the recent round of Dev League games, and use those players for the next round in the grade league. So there's just as many opportunities to play - and even the players in the teams with byes are allowed to play (unless orders come from higher up, such as the team captain or the CWBCC, that the players are to be rested).

Last edited:

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Proud to be a Fox.

Can we say what we're looking to do in Grade Cricket (will this have Club Cricket like stat boosts?)

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Jamee999 said:
Proud to be a Fox.

Can we say what we're looking to do in Grade Cricket (will this have Club Cricket like stat boosts?)
That will be determined and announced by the CWBCC. (means: Liam, answer this one :p )

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
The Baconator said:
Twybridge Titans for me please, and will this be using Neil's sim?
Not the first version, because Neil's sim is still a bit too buggy and takes too long to sim. The sim also requires too detailed input. Maybe later, though.

Last edited:

PY

International Coach
Pickford Panthers for me please as it's my local side and it's an easy commute from Youngshead down the M3 on my motorised scooter.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
i'd love to play for the Twybridge Titans....grown up in webcester, and my first grade team was the Titans :)