• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2005-06

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
aussie said:
i dear say this is the so called "GROUP OF DEATH"
Hmmm it is a tough group but i wouldnt say it is a group of death as such. I have already said that i think Italy might go out but them and the czech republic should progress and i dont think Ghana are supposed to be one of the stronger African nations in the tounarment

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I'm pretty chuffed with our draw myself. Could've done without Sweden, but by the time we come to play them it should be a nice carve up between us with two wins each.

Group C for me is the obvious "Group of Death" candidate.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
aussie said:
word out its Englands time to shine. All Sven needs to now is fine tune the side he wants to play in germany, no time for experiments now. For me i would love to see this team play Paraguay in our 1st game:

-------------------------------------------------------ROBINSON----------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------TERRY------------------------------------CAMPBELL---------------------------------

NEVILLE------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------COLE

--------------------------------------------------------CARRICK------------------------------------------------------------

BECKHAM--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------GERRARD

----------------------------------------------------LAMPARD---------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------OWEN----------------------------------------------------ROONEY----------------------------------
I'd rather see
-------------------------------------------------------ROBINSON----------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------TERRY------------------------------------CAMPBELL---------------------------------

NEVILLE----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------BAINES

BECKHAM------------------LAMPARD---------------------------NOLAN/CARRICK----------------J.COLE

--------------------OWEN----------------------------------------------------ROONEY----------------------------------

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Wigan's left back, Leighton Baines. Looks like Frodo Baggins. About the same height as him too, but he's brilliant and has a huge future ahead of him.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
steds said:
Wigan's left back, Leighton Baines. Looks like Frodo Baggins. About the same height as him too, but he's brilliant and has a huge future ahead of him.
Might be but never noticed him for Wigan so he won't have much of a chance unless he plays spectacularly.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
roseboy64 said:
Might be but never noticed him for Wigan so he won't have much of a chance unless he plays spectacularly.
neither have i, but once Ashley Cole is alive & fit he will be playing left back no question about that & we all might as well give it up now Gerrard & Lampard are going to play together in the midfield & the final postion will go to either joe cole, Carrrick or King, for me i want Carrick.

Last edited:

Agent TBY

International Captain
Am I the only one thinking that Group F is the strongest looking group out there? Every team has a shot at qualifying, and it'll be a very interesting race to who finishes 2nd to Brazil.

Craig

World Traveller
Scaly piscine said:
What I don't get is why the media keep going on about how England don't want to get drawn with Australia... Australia scraped past a 5th? placed South American side on penalties - Australia's past friendly with England was meaningless. Paraguay should be tougher as they finished 4th in South America. Then you've got the African sides who have the 'fear of the unknown' about them.
Well you can say the likes of Togo or Angola don't deserve tp be there, considering the likes of Nigeria and Cameroon didn't make it. I was a little saddened that Nigeria, because I was liking the prospect of seeing Martins at full flight, with his pace and his ever improving technique (ie dribbling skills and control of the ball), he could have a nightmare for defenders when they are starting to tire late in the game.

Craig

World Traveller
Pothas said:
here is the draw

GROUP A
Germany
Costa Rica
Poland
Ecuador

GROUP B
England
Paraguay
Trinidad & Tobago
Sweden

GROUP C
Argentina
Ivory Coast
Serbia & Montenegro
Holland

GROUP D
Mexico
Iran
Angola
Portugal

GROUP E
Italy
Ghana
USA
Czech Republic

GROUP F
Brazil
Croatia
Australia
Japan

GROUP G
France
Switzerland
South Korea
Togo

GROUP H
Spain
Ukraine
Tunisia
Saudi Arabia

Not a bad draw for England. Sweeden clearly a tough game but they are playing them last which is an advantage. Paraguy not a push over either but Trinidad should be straigh forward enough so i think they should fully expect to win the group.
groups C, E and F look enteratining
Kind of fitting that Australia gets pooled with Croatia, since many of the players have backgrounds from there and given the massive Croatian population down in Mexico (New South Wales) and Gautamala (Victoria). Same had it been Italy or Serbia & Montenegro.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Agent TBY said:
Am I the only one thinking that Group F is the strongest looking group out there? Every team has a shot at qualifying, and it'll be a very interesting race to who finishes 2nd to Brazil.
The only reason every side has a shot at qualifying is because the 3 sides who aren't Brazil are all mediocre.

Groups C and E are for stronger.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
marc71178 said:
The only reason every side has a shot at qualifying is because the 3 sides who aren't Brazil are all mediocre.

Groups C and E are for stronger.
I reckon Croatia should waltz it myself, but I def agree C (especially) & E are stronger, yes.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Agent TBY said:
well it doesn't look so to me, once Brazil bring their A-game to the world cup especially that striking force of Ronaldo, Adriano & Ronaldinho i pitty for the defenders of the opponents in group F