• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

School Cricket

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Hi-jacks thread.

Today we (WPH) played them (Castle Hill) in 35 degree heat in a 35-over one-dayer.

We bowled first and they made a pretty good 149, I took a dissapointing 0/31 off 7. And considering they`re the best bowling side, we were pretty screwed. After being 3/21 after 13 overs, we were cooked. And then I got promoted to 5 in a shock move. Haha I was crapping myself. They have three insane pacemen, one decent medium-pacer, and two alright spinners. And I made 24 in 69 (ha) minutes! Apart from dying in the heat, it was awesome, and after realising I would die if I kept my helmet on because of the heat, I took it off! What a move! :laugh:
The first ball after I took it off, he bowled a bouncer at my noggin which I cooly swayed out of the way of. I was impressed with me. I got out to one of the pacemen to a full ball I edged back on, which I do too much.
So apart from feeling like crap, I feel very good, in my best innings quality-wise to date. I hit two fours, a drive through the covers and a cut shot. Yes!

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Castle Hill, potent left arm seamers.

edit - 333.3.3.3.3][3;3][;3][3;]3[;3[]3\3]3\33=3-3-3=3-3'3...hahaha, as if that isn't made up.

Last edited:

BlackCap_Fan

State Vice-Captain
33/3from3.3 said:
lunch time cricket is awesome we
at my old school last year you played 7aside 15 over match you play over 2 lunch times
(1 innings per lunchtime)
What the hell, with me it's usually just me and a few mates dicking around with 2 bats, a ball and a couple of wickets. The only real organisation we had was the ol' 'you get him out, you get to bat' rule. Lots of fun, though.

By the way, I seriously doubt your story is true.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Haha, sorry for sounding like a little girl in the above post, but I`m still stoked.

prossj

Cricket Spectator
one time we played frankston and they made 9/88 off40 overs. We came in and hit 5/190 off 19.4 and we declared then we had 20 overs to get an outright and we bowled them out for 13.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
When i was at school playing lunchtime cricket i was the only person to take a hat-trick....
First ball I got the best batsman out with a yorker...
Then up steps a left hander...we used to have to play with foam balls that carried the distance of a pitch and the only way to make it swing was to run into the crease from a wide angle so this left hander gets a massive inswinger straight on the stumps...
Third ball...in comes the most uncoordinated player...so i bowled it just slow and straight....he plays the shot too early...and i had the hattrick :)

Barney Rubble

International Coach
When I was 12, we played against local rivals (who happened to be worse than us at everything :D) Lord Wandsworth College - we got 117-7 off our 30 overs, not great but a decent recovery from some early wickets. We then proceeded to bowl them out for 16 and win by 101 runs. :blink:

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
I think one of the highlights while at school was playing for the Colts (mainly 13-14 year olds) against the Otago Women's team. We bowled them out for 33. I got 3-0.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
Voltman said:
I think one of the highlights while at school was playing for the Colts (mainly 13-14 year olds) against the Otago Women's team. We bowled them out for 33. I got 3-0.
:lol: classic :laugh:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
We had our school final the other week. We batted first and were AO in the last (30th) over for 144. We were in trouble early but our number seven scored an amazing 50 off 26 balls, and number eight made 36* off 14.

We bowled and they made 145/9. It hurt so badly! Their number eleven was suspiciously good and he made 10* off 11. I took 1/23 off my 6, the wicket being the best ball I ever bowled. It was short of a length outside off, cut in over middle, the batsman drove off the back foot and edged it throught to the `keeper. Couldn`t believe we lost!

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
A few pictures from my beautiful innings of 7. :laugh:

More pictures of it and some of me bowling later when I can be bothered. :)