• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Season X Discussion and Results

Dydl

International Debutant
Now all I have to do is wait for the Colts vs Red game to finish and Green vs Black one to start...

Unless I decide to go to bed before that...

Loony BoB

International Captain
If the sims are on now, is there any chance of an update for each innings for us slackers unable to hop on MSN since they're at work? :D *optimism*

Loony BoB

International Captain
You get on MSN and add Liam's MSN name (I can't remember it off the top of my head) and get invited into a chat with other CWLanders and Liam tells you what's happening as the game progresses. Often there will be players captaining a side actively (ie bowling/fielding).

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
well, I only got to face 9 balls. That means our side is doing well. :)

I can't be there for the live sim. Hopefully, I will make the XI though.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Friday 24th February

Cricket Web Colts vs Cricket Web Red
at the CW Oval

Entirely outclassed, the Cricket Web Colts were left wondering what smacked them as the Reds rushed by to victory by an innings and 3 runs. It was a terrific Red team effort, but still gave rise to a star due a sensational achievement. Nick Borcich followed up his first innings haul of 6 wickets with a hat-trick that ripped the heart out of the Colts second innings.

Borcich dismissed Fensome, Towns and Jasotharan off consecutive deliveries spread over 2 overs, and sent the Colts on their way to 111 all out and a crushing defeat.

The Colts had elected to bat first in front of the Red crowd, but aside from Daniel Towns, James Malthus-Howell and Nick Hancock, no one seemed prepared to deal with the threat of Borcich. The accuracy, pace and movement with which he bowled caught everyone's attention, and merited congratulations from senior team coach Pratyush Agarwal when he heard of the achievement.

Responding to 164 all out, the Reds struggled in turn. Marc Robbins weighed in heavily yet again, however, carrying his beloved Red to a controlling position of 278, and a lead of 114.

Dave Watt removed Das with a questionable umpiring decision, but only served as prelude to the second and greatest act of the Nick Borcich show.

Cricket Web Colts 1st Innings 164 all out
Cricket Web Red 1st Innings 278 all out
Cricket Web Colts 2nd Innings 111 all out
Cricket Web Red won by an Innings and 3 runs.

Cricket Web Green vs Cricket Web Black
at the Pickford Reserve

A young CW Green side stunned their hosts Black with a 91-run victory in a thrilling see-saw encounter at the Pickford Reserve. The game was the first to achieve First Class status at the venue, and the players celebrated in style.

Amidst heavily overcast conditions, Dave Richards chose to bowl first, but was soon met with the firm resolve of young Nick Scott and veteran PR Sajith. The two led the way with an opening stand of 160, and the Greens went on to post 414/8 declared, with Bharanidharan and Tarick Weber contributing nicely down the order. Richards himself bowled admirably to keep his team in the game, but the inexperience of Warwick and Roberts was telling in the effort.

In the Blacks' turn at the crease it was a totally different story, and the score quickly read 36/5. Mike Wilson and Callum Thompson launched a quick counterattack to steal some pride for CW Black, but it was Harry Warwick's sensational 81 off 92 balls that saved the follow-on.

Searching for some footing in the game, Black hit back hard. Callum Thompson and Dave Richards proved equally destructive in their contrasting disciplines, and a brave 45 from Anthony Lezama was crucial in a dismal collapse to 104 all out. The fightback left the game beautifully poised with 274 needed by Black for victory.

The crowd urged their team on, but Green rookie Matt Mitchell was the unsung hero in the end. He left the Black batsmen utterly baffled with his seam movement and dramatic changes of pace. Alex Blackman and Rich Langley kept hope alive, but to no avail, and a smart stumping by Lezama sealed the celebration.

Cricket Web Green 1st Innings 414 for 8 dec.
Cricket Web Black 1st Innings 245 all out
Cricket Web Green 2nd Innings 104 all out
Cricket Web Black 2nd Innings 182 all out
Cricket Web Green won by 91 runs.

Attachments

Last edited:

PY

International Coach
I don't mean to be critical but could we lose some of the stickied threads because we've got ones that haven't been active in quite some time or aren't regularly active.

No probs if not. :)

steds

Hall of Fame Member
kwek said:
Well done Green ! really good win ! a classic already in my opinion!
Nah. It was just a game which you started really well, but struggled to close out.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Matteh said:
for the record it's Mat Mitchell :)
At least take 20 wickets before expecting people to spell your name properly, Matt. :p

Youngsters today. No respect....

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Awesome win, Reds! Borcich, Bennett, Watt, Edmunds and Robbins all bowling really well, Marc alone batting well. Gah :-O Borcich with a hattrick? Dang. Nice work Sk8R_bOi_niCk_BoRciCh6969. GO REDS

Last edited:

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
thats probably better than Steds has done before :p

Great win guys, Great batting from Sajith and Scott and Bharanidharan and Weber down the order must have been most frustrating to bowl too. Great bowling from Weber, Rose and Mitchell :)

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
damn, thats a terrible start to the season for black, at least we can get the bad performances out of the way early...