• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Season X Discussion and Results

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Stuff Green, good game.

Personally, am a bit disappointed with my 3 wickets and 1 run, but taking three catches in an innings certainly surprised me.

Great performances from Sajith, Scott, Bharanidharan and Lezema with the bat, while Mitchell really shone on debut, and Weber again showed his usefulness in both forms. Good effort guys.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Okay, not a good start at all for Colts. All round poor performance, I'm sad to say :( But it will get better, I'm sure :)

Personally: did better with the bat than ball. :(

cameeel

International Captain
Very disapointing by the Colts, but i'm reasonably happy with 4* and 5 at No. 11, and 4-68 of 21.1

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Well done Green and Reds. Deserved team wins. Very exciting start to the season, with both matches having their fair share of twist and turns.

Go Blue!

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
yay at the win. Very well done, but we need to work on that second innings collapse. 68 off 250.....THAT'S how you graft....

*looks at Sehwag, Afridi etc.*

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Dave: Yep, you've crossed 200.

Cricket Web Black vs Cricket Web Blue
at the PDV Dome

Dave Richards continued his stunning resurgence in leading Cricket Web Black to a convincing innings victory over champions Cricket Web Blue. It was the Blue season and home opener, and things certainly did not play out as desired.

Sean Fuller elected to bat first in typical first day conditions at the PDV Dome, but did not account for the incredible spin bowling effort of Richards. On a surface that normally favours pace bowlers, Richards bowled diligently enough to dismiss five of the top six Blue batsmen, including Pete Young, who received a magnificent arm-ball.

Shot out for 115, the Blues were scarcely in the game from then in. Simon Fitzsimmons started off with definite intent against his old team, and thumped Travis Demeza for a six and a four in the first over of the Black innings. He cruised to 44 before playing on to Collins, but a precedent had been set. Simon Jones fell short of a century, but Darren Dubb-Lynch made no such mistake and registered his 3rd First Class ton.

The Blacks reached 371 all out and took a lead of 256 into what proved the final innings of the game. The Blue batsmen played with improved grit and resolve the second time around, but the cause was too far lost for heroes. DeSilva stroked a superb half-century and Alex Crampton looked in good shape for his innings, but Richards prevailed once more, and completed the first 10-wicket haul of his career.

For a spinner who has struggled for a seeming eternity, the PDV Dome was pleasantly surprising venue for Richards to achieve the feat. Learning whilst bowling alongside his captain, George Roberts claimed 4 wickets of his own to stamp home the dominance of spin.

Cricket Web Blue 1st Innings 115 all out
Cricket Web Black 1st Innings 371 all out
Cricket Web Blue 2nd Innings 244 all out
Cricket Web Black won by an Innings and 12 runs.

Attachments

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Now, that's more like it.

Very pleased with the way the whole side's responding to the faith and consistency in selection - and fantastic to see Dave showing the form that won him a Test cap once again.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
what can i say, great performance all round, dominating. Great batting from Jones and Dubb-lynch and good to see Roberts amongst the wickets.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Jungle Jumbo said:
Been away the last week - and I return to four wickets, nice. I'm a bit expensive still though.
With the amount of flight you put on the ball, you're always going to be expensive.

You're not bowling at stoned Dutchies anymore :)

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Neil Pickup said:
With the amount of flight you put on the ball, you're always going to be expensive.

You're not bowling at stoned Dutchies anymore :)
Turning a negative into a positive - I'm now modelling myself on Piyush Chawla.