• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Season X Discussion and Results

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Gah, I really let the team down. I`m all talk no action, haha. Sorry `bout that boys, we needed to shoot them out for not many to be in with a chance, but my new-ball bowling is a bit of a problem. Well bowled by Adz, really led the way. And De Silva had a great second innings dig. We just need to get it all together. :)

dinu23

International Debutant
Nnanden said:
Gah, I really let the team down. I`m all talk no action, haha. Sorry `bout that boys, we needed to shoot them out for not many to be in with a chance, but my new-ball bowling is a bit of a problem. Well bowled by Adz, really led the way. And De Silva had a great second innings dig. We just need to get it all together. :)
it's nothing to do with the bowlers Nath. the first innings batting was just awful, that's what cost us the match, not so much the bowling.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cricket Web Green vs Cricket Web Black
at the Pickford Oval

Andrew Garven came up huge with the ball on a slow Pickford wicket, as he took 2 wickets and helped restrict Black in the middle overs, as Green emerged victorious by 21 runs. Ash Chaulk's brisk half-century got the Blacks off to a good start, but despite a composed half-century by captain Alex Blackman, the home side fell short in the chase.

CW Green batted first upon winning the toss, and half-centuries from Anthony Lezama and Nick Scott built toward 258/8. Cricket Web XI hopeful, Callum Thompson grabbed 5 wickets to minimize the damage, as the Greens failed to launch effectively at the end. Garven shuffled his bowlers to good effect and only Weber failed to take a wicket in a superb team effort.

Cricket Web Green 258/8 (50 overs)
Cricket Web Black 237 ao (48.2 overs)

Cricket Web Green won by 21 runs.
Man of the Match: AJ Garven

Cricket Web Red vs Cricket Web Colts
at the CW Oval

The highly-billed Reds did not fail to disappoint in their OD season opener, as they entertained a huge home crowd with a dominant 92-run victory over the Colts. Ian Markus was at his most brutal of effectiveness, and absolutely dominated the Colts bowlers for a career-best 150 off just 131 balls.

Some 7 bowlers, including Daniel Towns, were used but there was no answer to the onslaught. Jack McNamara dismissed James Stedman to break an opening stand of 98, then bowled Feeney immediately after, but that only temporary relief for the visitors. Rob Dauth joined Markus at the crease and accepted the challenge of high-powered cricket on the way to 322/4.

Things heated up further when the Colts shot out of the blocks in the chase of the massive score. After 13 overs the score read 92/0, and Marc Robbins finally broke an opening stand of 96 with a good change of pace. Jasotharan marched on at well over a run-a-ball, but was eventually outfoxed too by the former Red captain. Disciplined bowling from Rich Edmunds and Gaurav Nayak tightened the screw, and despite Bharat's 46, the Colts fell for 230.

Cricket Web Red 322/4 (50 overs)
Cricket Web Colts 230 ao (45.3 overs)

Cricket Web Red won by 92 runs.
Man of the Match: I Markus

Attachments

Loony BoB

International Captain
Awful showing. The bowlers didn't perform and they let the RRR go too high for the batsmen to keep up with, hence we all got bowled out. A good showing by some, though, such as Jaso, Pitt and Resha.

On a sidenote, Liam: Why on earth did Pitt and myself bowl? :blink: I think we've had random batsmen bowling in every OD now, despite never asking for anyone but the five bowlers to be used for 10 overs each. It's never really had a positive result.

Markus and Dauth in the end just proved too much, though.

Personally not happy with my slow scoring, especially in the given situation.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
steds said:
good win Reds. Nice to see my bowling is now relegated to behind Marc's.
IIRC the tactic is that we come on at around the same time and bowl as a pair to strangle the game with a mixture of marmite and whatever you serve up that is equally nasty.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Loony BoB said:
On a sidenote, Liam: Why on earth did Pitt and myself bowl? :blink: I think we've had random batsmen bowling in every OD now, despite never asking for anyone but the five bowlers to be used for 10 overs each. It's never really had a positive result.
For one, Pitt has some bowling skill. Two, everyone else was getting bashed. I'd rather try another bowling option for an over or two than stick to five bowlers, have one go for 80+ runs in 10 and be criticized for it. When you pick a team with 5 genuine bowling options and you get smashed, that's what happens.

Most importantly though, when you pick a team and don't submit bowling instructions...

EDIT:
First OD warmup:
Code:
BOWLING            O         M         R         W
GM Thomas          10        0         39        0
KS Wright          10        0         56        4
NR Hancock         10        0         68        1
CD McKern          10        0         50        1
DJ Comley          10        0         51        0
Second OD warmup:
Code:
BOWLING            O         M         R         W
GM Thomas          7         0         35        1
G Nayak            6.5       0         45        1
JP McNamara        10        0         53        0
DJ Comley          9         0         55        0
DK Rai             10        0         61        1
[B]AJ Fensome         1         0         9         0[/B]
Fensome signed up as an allrounder and Nayak was getting hammered, among others.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Dissapointing start Blacks, we came close but the edge wasn't there. I think we need to do a bit of extra training this week.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Pretty dull match, just taking the catch of Towns off a thin edge, Marc bowling the delivery.

Well done team, nice win, and we ripped through the tail.

GO REDS!

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
superkingdave said:
Dissapointing start Blacks, we came close but the edge wasn't there. I think we need to do a bit of extra training this week.
hmm extra training sounds serious..

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Good win for Greens...

Happy with my 2 wickets....the economy is still a bit =/ though