• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Season X Discussion and Results

ash chaulk

International Captain
beautiful simon... lovely aggressive play by our batsmen with the 6 6's all up and making 308 was always going to help our bowlers!

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
woah over the moon at reading about our first One day performance. Not only from a personal level but from a team level. To crush Colts by so many runs affirms us as real title contenders this year.. not just pretenders.

On a personal note however extremely happy to bring up my highest ever OD score and get to the 150 mark. At the moment it feels like I'm on cloud nine when I'm batting the form is just tremendous!! It was great to bat with Dauthy and I really feel as if he's coming of age and will be a real force not only in OD cricket this season but 4 day.

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Great stuff blacks, top knock Simon!

A bit worried about my poor form this season so far.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Gah, my comment didn`t post!

Huge victory by the Blacks, well played by all of you. Simon and Buddhy were amazing and really made the most of our poor bowling. I`m pleased with my match, some wickets, some runs and a catch. But we need to get it all together. Early stages though, we can do it Blues. :) Well done also to Roberts on your first wicket in Dev. League.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
DEVASTATION!
Cricket Web Blue vs Cricket Web Colts
at Goffmouth Park

Fans who dared to travel with CW Blue booed as Travis Demeza walked off the ground to seal an unbelievable come-from-behind victory for the Cricket Web Colts. Chasing 99 runs for victory, the Blues collapsed from 67/1 to be humilated and bowled out for 88.

In a run of devastating form, this was just the latest in a poor start to the season for the defending champions. Greg Thomas and Nick Hancock exploited the spineless Blue batting and ran through the middle and lower order after Robert Cribb and Dinu DeSilva looked to be guiding Blue home.

The Blues bowled out their opponents for just 151 on first innings, then after slipping to 73/5, they recovered to take a lead of 160, largely due to a sensation batting display from Dylan Jellett. The Colts fought back in their second innings, and James Malthus-Howell and Pooja Bharat were essential in structuring a total of 258.

A lead of 99, all seemed lost for the Colts when Hancock dismissed DeSilva padding up to one that jagged back. From there the floodgates opened entirely and the home crowd ridiculed the Blue players without ease.

Cricket Web Colts 1st Innings 151 all out
Cricket Web Blue 1st Innings 311 all out
Cricket Web Colts 2nd Innings 258 all out
Cricket Web Blue 2nd Innings 88 all out
Cricket Web Colts won by 10 runs.

Man of the Match: GM Thomas

Markus falls short and Blacks get home
Cricket Web Red vs Cricket Web Black
at the Pickford Reserve

Ian Markus threatened to carry CW Red to victory, but the Blacks held their nerve for another victory via another stunning team effort. Markus' 97 came in typically quick time - 95 balls - and partnered by Jamee Gray, the Reds seemed a chance to chase 310 for victory. Thompson had him caught down the legside though, and the entire complexion of the game changed.

CW Black had earlier elected to bat first and were met with some superb pace bowling from Dave Watt, chasing 500 FC wickets. Darren Dubb-Lynch scored 71 crucial runs and the home side struggled to 207 all out. In similar fashion, the Red innings centred around a Stedman half-century with few others emerging from starts. Young Harry Warwick claimed 5 wickets, and George Roberts impacted with 3 of his own.

A lead of 14 secured, the Blacks batted to 295 all out in their second innings. Things were uneasy at 176/6, but a late order charge from Thompson and Warwick steadied the march. Set a tricky target for victory, the Reds looked good at 78/1. Four quick wickets later, and 111/5 was far less than attractive reading. It was then that Markus decided to impose himself on the bowling, and by the time the score reached 221/5, the game appeared to have swung dramatically.

A flick down the legside later, and it swung once more as Black fashioned a comfortable win.

Cricket Web Black 1st Innings 207 all out
Cricket Web Red 1st Innings 193 all out
Cricket Web Black 2nd Innings 295 all out
Cricket Web Red 2nd Innings 254 all out
Cricket Web Black won by 55 runs.

Man of the Match: CP Thompson

Attachments

Loony BoB

International Captain
Wonder if Thomas still thinks he should be dropped... :D

EDIT: Very, very happy to see the openers doing well together, also Resha notching up a nice 72 off 78. An abysmal first innings once again, but Thomas & Hancock really bit down hard at the end of the match, saving our day one blushes. Batting seems to remain a big problem with only three batsmen making significant innings, and this will be looked into. I think every Colts batsman owes a lot to our seamers, hopefully they can return the favour.

Last edited:

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Crucial points dropped there - we should have had them at 176/6, but it all fell apart from us. Gotta wonder a bit why Sean was fifth-choice bowler on a raging turner...

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Shame about the loss, but we bowled really well. Dave with 5/42, some nice batting by Stedders and Ian 'Mr Cricket' Markus. C'mon Reds

chooka_nick

International 12th Man
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
DEVASTATION!
Cricket Web Blue vs Cricket Web Colts
at Goffmouth Park

Fans who dared to travel with CW Blue booed as Travis Demeza walked off the ground to seal an unbelievable come-from-behind victory for the Cricket Web Colts. Chasing 99 runs for victory, the Blues collapsed from 67/1 to be humilated and bowled out for 88.

In a run of devastating form, this was just the latest in a poor start to the season for the defending champions. Greg Thomas and Nick Hancock exploited the spineless Blue batting and ran through the middle and lower order after Robert Cribb and Dinu DeSilva looked to be guiding Blue home.

The Blues bowled out their opponents for just 151 on first innings, then after slipping to 73/5, they recovered to take a lead of 160, largely due to a sensation batting display from Dylan Jellett. The Colts fought back in their second innings, and James Malthus-Howell and Pooja Bharat were essential in structuring a total of 258.

A lead of 99, all seemed lost for the Colts when Hancock dismissed DeSilva padding up to one that jagged back. From there the floodgates opened entirely and the home crowd ridiculed the Blue players without ease.

Cricket Web Colts 1st Innings 151 all out
Cricket Web Blue 1st Innings 311 all out
Cricket Web Colts 2nd Innings 258 all out
Cricket Web Blue 2nd Innings 88 all out
Cricket Web Colts won by 10 runs.

Man of the Match: GM Thomas
Hey Greg, check it out bro :happy: we did something!
Carn Colts let's build on this win!

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Samuel_Vimes said:
Gotta wonder a bit why Sean was fifth-choice bowler on a raging turner...
Robbins is just that tiny bit better than me.

To let them get to 207 from 91/6 and from 176/6 to 295, whilst getting bowled out for 193 in between, was a poor effort. Come on, Reds! Time to pick it up.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
another good win for Black, we are playing some good cricket at the moment, it was a good team effort against Reds... happy with my own performance, hopefully next time ill turn that into a hundred though...

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
Well done Blacks. Great team effort again. We are really standing up well without the internationals in the squad atm. Like neil said 'Couldn't be prouder'.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Loony BoB said:
Wonder if Thomas still thinks he should be dropped... :D

:laugh: I was talking about OD only but no, keep me in the side forever kthx!

Hey Greg, check it out bro we did something!
Carn Colts let's build on this win!
You got rid of the danger batsman :)

:happy: This proves our bowling attack can do the job without our most experienced bowler!
We turned the game around from a near impossible position. Malthus-Howell scored 100 in the match and Bharat's 72 (along with Howells 60 and Das's 48) is what gave us a tiny chance of victory, which we grabbed and pulled off something special.

GO COLTS! :cool: