• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Season X Discussion and Results

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
:laugh: I was the only bowler in the match that was pathetic. Out-classed by Colts bowlers? I`ve hit a new low. My new-ball bowling is atrocious. Well bowled to everyone else, and a stellar innings by Dylan.

But really... for shame.

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
ah despite scoring a few runs it's ashame that we couldn't get over the line!!! the blacks in my opinion are the other strong side in dev league this year and we did our best to match it with em. Unfortunately the batting was a little weak in the first inning.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cricket Web Red vs Cricket Web Green
at the CWBCC Stadium

Gutsy as he needed to be, young Green batsman Bharanidharan scored an unbeaten 31 to cap off a classic chase by CW Green in a very close affair against CW Red. The Greens ultimately got home with 4 wickets in hand, but the match was an intense battle throughout.

With the skies heavily overcast and a bouncy wicket at his disposal, Andrew Garven bowled first in front of a small home audience. The result was spectacular and the Green effort deserved more than the meagre turnout it received. The Reds were bowled out for just 85 runs in 32.3 overs, but wasted little time in keeping things interesting.

Sean Bennett matched Tarick Weber's 4-wicket haul with 4 of his own, and the Greens could manage only 152 despite a flurry of starts throughout the order. The lead was 65 and seemed all the more imposing at 69/3, when the Reds lost Alex Feeney to a bottom-edged pull shot. It set the stage for the always-likely hero - former captain Marc Robbins - to shine in a revival. Rob Dauth and Ian Markus played well for their scores, but Robbins was the glue of the innings and was unfortunately last out a run short of a century.

Set 225 for victory, Sajith and Scott quickly perished to loose strokes outside the offstump. Rather than panic, however, the Green middle order set about to pace their way to the target. Half-centuries from Rob Malone and captain Garven were essential, and Tarick Weber too contributed a quick 21 toward the end. Bennett gave life to the Reds with the dismissal of Weber late in the chase, but could spin no further damage in a losing effort.

Cricket Web Red 1st Innings 85 all out
Cricket Web Green 1st Innings 152 all out
Cricket Web Red 2nd Innings 291 all out
Cricket Web Green 2nd Innings 225 for 6
Cricket Web Green won by 4 wkts.

Man of the Match: TV Weber

Attachments

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Edmunds follows Rai's lead

In a bizarre occurrence, Rich Edmunds has cut his hand whilst supposedly participating in a cricket drill in his back yard. Edmunds will miss one game day with the injury. No confirmations as to the nature of the drill, but Edmunds claims that it involved a ball and was very painful.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
Taz||7 march Richard Ashcroft gig zegt:
why the f00k did i get mom for 2 gutsy 20+''s and 6 wickets
yup.
Milky Milky Cornflakes : my ducky encapsulates your soul zegt:
in the context of the match, your batting was huge
and the 4 wickets were crucial in the 1st

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Cameron left our top order in tatters twice, and set the foundations for your 4 for, and tore into our lower order when if any of Jamee, Borks or me had stayed with Marc for a while, we could have had up to about 260 to play with.

Sorry, Tarique, but Cameron > you.:p

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
:laugh:

Kenny twice, James once, and then Jamee, Nick and Sean. I love it!

But good win there Greens, good batting at the end from Garven and Malone to give us the win. Well played boys.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
kwek said:
why the f00k did i get mom for 2 gutsy 20+''s and 6 wickets
yup.
in the context of the match, your batting was huge
and the 4 wickets were crucial in the 1st
Isn't it obvious why you got it?:
ITC said:
- Bharanidharan (0) was dropped by Weber off Robbins

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
marc71178 said:
Isn't it obvious why you got it?:
:laugh:
yeab i seem to be playing for you guys...batting, dropping, havnt seen myself being brought into the attack :P

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Great win Green. We're the dark horses this season and despite our supposed weaknesses it's nice to start off the season how we have.