• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Season X Discussion and Results

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
Awesome win boys... Absolutely pummelled green into the ground with the batting. They showed good fight but I think it's clear that when we play as good as we can no one can beat us.

The purple patch once again continued in the OD form of the game for me which was super. It was awesome starting things up so well and sharing in such a huge partnership with Steds!!!

Hopefully I can continue on with the form and get a few 4 day scores happening.

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
Slats4ever said:
Awesome win boys... Absolutely pummelled green into the ground with the batting. They showed good fight but I think it's clear that when we play as good as we can no one can beat us.

The purple patch once again continued in the OD form of the game for me which was super. It was awesome starting things up so well and sharing in such a huge partnership with Steds!!!

Hopefully I can continue on with the form and get a few 4 day scores happening.
Well done mate, credit to you for the work you put in over the off season, it's helped our overheads hugely.

Seeing Weber and Rose get belted to buggery was as pleasing as the win, I must say.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Markus now averaging 108.67 over the three ODs, Dauth also doing nicely - with his not outs, he has managed an average of 232.00.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
mmm happy with my own personal performance the only 2 wickets and 93 runs however i would trade all that for a win. not top worry boys the reds do have a quality line up, but we will bounce back shortly.

happy with my form, again getting amongst the runs with a solid 93, would have been nice to turn it into another 3 figures, however lets get back on track boys

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
Loony BoB said:
Markus now averaging 108.67 over the three ODs, Dauth also doing nicely - with his not outs, he has managed an average of 232.00.

would u now mine by any chance,

TIF

U19 Debutant
Unlucky Greens, but I am still disappointed with my performance as well as I am still yet to hit a 6:@

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cricket Web Colts vs Cricket Web Green
at the CWBCC Stadium

Shan Jasotharan was quick to cast aside his previously indifferent start to the Dev League FC season, as he was in record-breaking form on his way to a maiden double ton. Batting at 38/3 after the Colts chose to bat first, Jasotharan blazed to his double hundred off just 143 balls.

He ultimately fell short of the Cricket Web individual First Class record, but the damage was done, and the Colts were enabled to declare at 430/7 amidst gloom and rain.

Still stunned by the batting of Jasotharan, the Greens struggled in both innings. Nick Scott looked the most comfortable of the batsmen in each innings, but was out twice in identical fashion. Tarick Weber's 71 represented a gutsy attempt at staving off the follow-on, but ultimately proved futile. He was counted among Kyle Wright 4 first innings wickets, and Greg Thomas followed up with a 5-wicket haul to dominate the Green second innings.

Cricket Web Colts 1st Innings 430 for 7 dec.
Cricket Web Green 1st Innings 186 all out
Cricket Web Green 2nd Innings Following On 210 all out
Cricket Web Colts won by an Innings and 34 runs.

Man of the Match: S Jasotharan

Cricket Web Red vs Cricket Web Blue
at the PDV Dome

Much of the same from Cricket Web Blue, as the return of Andrew Cloete did little to inspire an improved showing and nothing to inspire victory. The Reds piled on 409 runs in the first innings and made the total stand in a comfortable 7-wicket win.

Rob Dauth, Marc Robbins and James Stedman scored half-centuries after Thamba Mamesh's pleasant 48, and the Blue bowlers generally found life difficult, especially debutant Clancroft. In stark contrast, the Red front-line seamers shared 8 wickets and dismissed CW Blue for a paltry 181. Robert Cribb topscored with a fighting 40, but it was not nearly enough and the Blues followed on.

The second time around featured some improvement, but a collapse from 113/2 to 136/5 threatened an innings defeat. Dylan Jellett was in good form again, however, and counterattacked superbly only to fall short of his second consecutive FC ton. David Kennett ended with 5 wickets and the Reds faced a victory target of 45.

Travis Demeza and Eric Clancroft rocked the top order, but it did nothing to deter the victory charge.

Cricket Web Red 1st Innings 409 all out
Cricket Web Blue 1st Innings 181 all out
Cricket Web Blue 2nd Innings Following On 272 all out
Cricket Web Red 2nd Innings 45 for 3
Cricket Web Red won by 7 wkts.

Attachments

Dizzy #4

International 12th Man
Yeah! So so close to beating that record! Wait a sec, I've practally doubled my old best score of 118, holy crap, I suprise myself even!

Anyway, that was a good thrashing win, let's keep it up for a FC Final birth

Majin

International Debutant
Sensational stuff from Jaso. Absolutley awesome knock, and the speed of it. Great win for the Colts there. I'm happy to have kept it tidy with the ball and managed to stay in with the bat, but really all credit to all the lads, Jaso, Skipper, Greg, Nick for an excellent half century to hang around and keep Jaso company for a long time, and the whole team.

Dizzy #4

International 12th Man
Majin said:
Sensational stuff from Jaso. Absolutley awesome knock, and the speed of it. Great win for the Colts there. I'm happy to have kept it tidy with the ball and managed to stay in with the bat, but really all credit to all the lads, Jaso, Skipper, Greg, Nick for an excellent half century to hang around and keep Jaso company for a long time, and the whole team.
\

Thanks very much, Thanks to all that helped, hopefully, we got more up our sleves!

Loony BoB

International Captain
Absolutely brilliant match to beat the top-of-the-table team in FC. Great introduction to season 10 for Kyle and Jaso... stunning. 244 off 187, that's just incredible. Truly a unique batting talent amongst CW. Greg also continuing his fine form, and Hancock too - he always seems to arrive with either bat or ball (or both!) to make an impact on any game.