• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Season X Discussion and Results

new_age_ar

First Class Debutant
Nice win there by the Reds. The bowlers must have a thing about getting snicks to 1st slip, Hakon 9 chances and me 1.

And well done to Jaso great knock :)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
new_age_ar said:
Nice win there by the Reds. The bowlers must have a thing about getting snicks to 1st slip, Hakon 9 chances and me 1.

And well done to Jaso great knock :)
I generally forget to adjust the 'keepers, and you were both set to wicketkeeper, so I suppose it gave the gloves to the man with the higher rating.

new_age_ar

First Class Debutant
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
I generally forget to adjust the 'keepers, and you were both set to wicketkeeper, so I suppose it gave the gloves to the man with the higher rating.
I thought that might be the case, not to worry i'll forgive you for the 2nd time ;) I'm just glad to be consider as a keeping option for my club. :)

chooka_nick

International 12th Man
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Cricket Web Colts vs Cricket Web Green
at the CWBCC Stadium

Shan Jasotharan was quick to cast aside his previously indifferent start to the Dev League FC season, as he was in record-breaking form on his way to a maiden double ton. Batting at 38/3 after the Colts chose to bat first, Jasotharan blazed to his double hundred off just 143 balls.

He ultimately fell short of the Cricket Web individual First Class record, but the damage was done, and the Colts were enabled to declare at 430/7 amidst gloom and rain.

Still stunned by the batting of Jasotharan, the Greens struggled in both innings. Nick Scott looked the most comfortable of the batsmen in each innings, but was out twice in identical fashion. Tarick Weber's 71 represented a gutsy attempt at staving off the follow-on, but ultimately proved futile. He was counted among Kyle Wright 4 first innings wickets, and Greg Thomas followed up with a 5-wicket haul to dominate the Green second innings.

Cricket Web Colts 1st Innings 430 for 7 dec.
Cricket Web Green 1st Innings 186 all out
Cricket Web Green 2nd Innings Following On 210 all out
Cricket Web Colts won by an Innings and 34 runs.

Man of the Match: S Jasotharan
Jaaaaaaaaaso! Well done bro, good to hear you're back into it :D
And, of course, the entire Colts team, who played so well!

David

International 12th Man
It's good to be back!

Convincing win lads, well played!
my 1 from 78 a particular highlight. :p

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Brilliant game Colts!
Jaso! What an innings!
And Hancock's 78 was superb. Good job of staying there with Jaso :)

Wright returns and is in the wickets - good stuff.

Go Colts!

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Nice win Reds, some awesome bowling there.

Credit to Jasotharan. Incredible innings. One of the best.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Ouch. Out-classed fellas, but keep on trying. Heads-up, well done Currie and Dylan.

Don

State Vice-Captain
must congratulate the colts on that good display.greens we have much work to do

Mr Mxyzptlk

Cricket Web Colts vs Cricket Web Black
at the Pickford Reserve

Shan Jasotharan was in top form once more, as he guided the Colts to a terrific and seemingly unlikely win over Cricket Web Black, despite a maiden 10-wicket haul by Harry Warwick. Warwick starred in a spin-heavy Black attack, but Jasotharan partnered strongly with Towns, then Bharat, to charge to a 4-wicket win.

Both teams struggled in their first innings and 29 runs separated them heading into the second attempts. The Blacks knuckled down for a better innings of 269, having earlier fallen to 13/3 then 43/4. Benjamin and Langley were particularly crucial in the recovery, with Blackman also contributing solidly.

Set 241 for victory, the Colts lost Malthus-Howell and Gary Nayak early to the pace of Warwick. The Black crowd was energized once more when Das was caught at backward point off Roberts, but the rest of the game played out with frustration and disappointment for the home fans, though they were entertained by a fine display from the Colts wicketkeeper-batsman.

Cricket Web Black 1st Innings 197 all out
Cricket Web Colts 1st Innings 226 all out
Cricket Web Black 2nd Innings 269 all out
Cricket Web Colts 2nd Innings 241 for 6
Cricket Web Colts won by 4 wkts.

Man of the Match: S Jasotharan

Cricket Web Green vs Cricket Web Blue
at the PDV Dome

A thoroughly outstanding first innings batting display from CW Blue led to a good and positive 6-wicket win over the stuttering Greens. Pete Young and Sean Fuller registered centuries in a total of 461/7 declared, then Adam Collins claimed 5 cheap wickets to dismiss CW Green for 177.

Asked to follow on, the Greens put up a much better fight the second time around. Andrew Garven played brilliantly for a century and Nick Scott, Megan Gaukroger and Tarick Weber also contributed well in a total of 467. Eric Clancroft gained a fair bit from the innings, taking his maiden 5-wicket haul despite conceding over 100 runs.

The Green recovery meant that the Blues needed 184 runs in less than two sessions of play. With a good understanding of the task at hand, Young and Cribb set about to construct a platform of 99 runs. Malone trapped the latter with a slower delivery, but Cloete obliged to join Young with his positive play. Both were out to the Green spinners, and when Fuller was caught at cover off Cameron, the result was all but sealed and Wilshere remained unbeaten at the end.

Cricket Web Blue 1st Innings 461 for 7 dec.
Cricket Web Green 1st Innings 177 all out
Cricket Web Green 2nd Innings Following On 467 all out
Cricket Web Blue 2nd Innings 184 for 4
Cricket Web Blue won by 6 wkts.

Man of the Match: SE Fuller

Attachments

Mr Mxyzptlk

Borcich breaks nose in bar rumble

Red pacer Nick Borcich will miss 3 game days with a broken nose, after he reportedly got in a fight with a 52-year-old woman at the CW Bar. Borcich was joined by Matt "Mikey" Smith at the bar and reportedly engaged in a war of words with the woman regarding his bowling action and ***ual preference.

No comment from any of the parties involved.