• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Season X Discussion and Results

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Great win Blue, much-improved performance. Excellent knocks with the bat and good to see a rookie picking up five in the second innings. Very happy with my 5D form so far this season and another 5w haul, bit annoyed to go wicketless in the second innings but it's the win that counts. :) Hopefully our season will pick up from here.

dinu23

International Debutant
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Borcich breaks nose in bar rumble

Red pacer Nick Borcich will miss 3 game days with a broken nose, after he reportedly got in a fight with a 52-year-old woman at the CW Bar. Borcich was joined by Matt "Mikey" Smith at the bar and reportedly engaged in a war of words with the woman regarding his bowling action and ***ual preference.

No comment from any of the parties involved.
haha! poor Nick.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Borcich breaks nose in bar rumble

Red pacer Nick Borcich will miss 3 game days with a broken nose, after he reportedly got in a fight with a 52-year-old woman at the CW Bar. Borcich was joined by Matt "Mikey" Smith at the bar and reportedly engaged in a war of words with the woman regarding his bowling action and ***ual preference.

No comment from any of the parties involved.
Would this 52-year-old woman infact be three girls, Sharnie, Sheri and Cahlee, just "like they did in primary school"?

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
Robertinho said:
Would this 52-year-old woman infact be three girls, Sharnie, Sheri and Cahlee, just "like they did in primary school"?
From what I've heard the woman said something along the lines of "I can't believe someone so inadequate could impregnate my Sharnie".

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
disappointing defeat blacks, but glad to see myself getting a chace in the longer version and performing..

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
very disappointing losses. Three in a row now. A OD and two FC games. 13 off 81 was a good effort, but I am throwing away starts here... Gotta put mah head down and start working on converting these starts. It is not easy when you have 4 keepers fighting for the same spot. And it doesn't happen often either. Captain, you gotta let me bowl a few overs of my loopy legbreaks now and then. ;)

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
Very dissapointing Green :(
we got to bat better, and bowl a lot tighter ! this is all to loose! very dissapointed in us!
have to train more guys and get into the winning form! we need the points before the internationals return !

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Great performance from Harry to carry the pace attack - better still given that the pitch is supposed to be a turner.

Need to work out a way to get rid of Jasotharan. I'm thinking an autograph book just short of a good length should do it.

KennyD

International Vice-Captain
Neil Pickup said:
Need to work out a way to get rid of Jasotharan. I'm thinking an autograph book just short of a good length should do it.
He'll never get there before Boonie...wait...autograph book, sorry.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cricket Web Red vs Cricket Web Blue
at the PDV Dome

The crowd at the PDV Dome left thoroughly entertained after a rather peculiar match between CW Red and CW Blue. Three batsmen scored big hundreds and nine others failed to reach double figures, as the Blues stunned the Reds in chasing a victory target of 318 with 7 balls to spare.

Andrew Cloete scored 155 unbeaten and led a sensational charge to Blue victory. Sean Fuller and Alex Crampton also contributed well, but that the next highest score after Cloete was 43 proved how dominant the Webhead righthander was. Dave Watt produced a late burst of 3 wickets to give the Reds some hope, but Cloete was not to be fazed was aided by Clancroft in the final stages.

The Red scorecard was even more peculiar, as Dauth and Feeney played brilliantly in a partnership of 282 for the third wicket, but Collins and Fuller bowled superbly at the death to restrict the scoring and limit the total to 317/7. Aside from the centurions, no Red player crossed 5, let alone reached double figures.

The Blue chase was made even more spectacular with the required run rate at 7.5 at the end of the 19th over. A glance at the scorecard shows that the Reds certainly didn't help their cause by bowling 5 noballs and 13 wides among 30 extras.

Cricket Web Red 317/7 (50 overs)
Cricket Web Blue 318/8 (48.5 overs)

Cricket Web Blue won by 2 wickets.
Man of the Match: AP Cloete

Cricket Web Colts vs Cricket Web Green
at the CWBCC Stadium

Shan Jasotharan devastated the Green attack once again, this time in partnership with Matt Pitt en route to a crushing 9-wicket win over the home side. Jasotharan scored another unbeaten ton, following up his FC double and single tons in his last two matches. He added 209 with Pitt, who fell agonizingly short of his first milestone, and the Colts cruised to victory at 234/1 in the 43rd over.

The Greens elected to bat first in great conditions, but lost Malone and Garven in the early overs to a couple of good deliveries. Nick Scott and Dhamaka Singh added 81 runs for the third wicket, but fell in quick succession among a 3-wicket haul by Jack McNamara. Bharanidharan continued his clutch form and scored an excellent unbeaten half-century to ensure that the Greens got past 200 and to a reasonable score. This after he lost three partners in Rai's final over, as the home crowd sat stunned.

Unfortunately, Bharanidharan (himself dropped on 2) went on to drop Jasotharan on 35 - a crucial miss.

The target of 234 hardly ever seemed challenging for the Colts, and Pitt was surprisingly the one to shoot out of the blocks until both openers settled into a steady chase, rotating the strike and dispatching the bad balls clinically. Das replaced Pitt toward the end of the innings and launched the second ball he saw from Malone for six. The shot epitomized the dominance of the Colts on this day.

Cricket Web Green 233/9 (50 overs)
Cricket Web Colts 234/1 (43 overs)

Cricket Web Colts won by 9 wickets.
Man of the Match: S Jasotharan

Attachments

Hazza

U19 Cricketer
mikeW said:
Another nice win blacks, Warwick is having an awesome season!
Thanks Mike, pleasantly surprised with the wickets and a few scores of 70+, and I've also noitced that I am the third highest rated bowler :)

Last edited:

Loony BoB

International Captain
Great showing by Jaso as well as Jack & Dan with the spin on the ball - just a huge shame that Pitt didn't get that maiden century... heartbreaking on the bench to see him get so close to lasting the distance just to get bowled by a tricky one from Malone. Next time, mate!

Nothing to complain about in that game at all!

EDIT: Wow, what a thriller at the Dome! Great centuries to Dauth, Feeney and especially Cloete. It's amazing how much extras can come in to play on games like those...

Majin

International Debutant
Great game by the colts, bowled really well to keep the Greens to a chasable target, Extremely happy with my own final over, (Tarick denied me a hat-trick :@) managed to mop up the tail and finally pick up some wickets. Jaso's hit a brilliant purple patch atm but Pitt! Heartbreaking :( But still fantastically well batted by both of them.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
No team is inactive for more than one game day at a time. That considered, Black lost yesterday.