• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Season X Discussion and Results

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Cloete said:
Great wins Blues!! 2 from 2 let's keep this up!! :D

Happy with my ton. Any reason I can hit 200's in Australia in FC, runs in OD, a fair few runs for Blue in OD and a few test runs yet I can't do anything at all in the Dev League FC games? I've been totally crap for about the last 3 seasons!
Maybe the bowlers in the Dev League are better then in Australia and in Test Cricket. :sleep:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Well, I had a good knock but it is another disappointing loss for us. And I am ashamed to have dropped that crucial catch. But I still think our bowling needs to tighten up. Here we go....... back to the drawing board.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Database switch days would refer to when the database is sent from Liam to Vimes, or vice versa, so that they can carry on simming using the same db.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Robertinho said:
Database switch days? Do you update FC/OD averages every quarter?
I hand over the DB to Håkon, then I get it back when he's done with it.

EDIT:... as Daniel said above, which I totally missed.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cricket Web Colts vs Cricket Web Black
at the Pickford Reserve

The Blacks brought the sensational run of the Cricket Web Colts to a stop at the Pickford Reserve, as Harry Warwick took 5 wickets in a close encounter. The home side got home by 15 runs, but the batting of Mathus-Howell, Hancock and Kyle Wright seemed to threaten the result at one stage.

Wright hit two huge sixes in his time at the crease, but when Warwick had him caught at long-on, the result seemed that much more secure. Nick Hancock was caught off the top edge in Warwick's next over and then Jack McNamara bowled to mark the close win.

The Colts had earlier inserted the Blacks in overcast conditions and bowled superbly in the early exchanges. Simon Fitzsimmons was crucially run out for 16, then debutant Daniel Smith and Simon Jones grafted a recovery. It took some sharp batting from Dubb-Lynch, Benjamin and Warwick in the middle and later overs to add any real urgency to the innings, and Wright returned for 4 wickets in a great exhibition of death bowling.

CW Black managed to reach an adequate 255 all out, a total which looked unlikely after the shaky start.

Cricket Web Black 255 ao (50 overs)
Cricket Web Colts 240 ao (47.1 overs)

Cricket Web Black won by 15 runs.
Man of the Match: HG Warwick

Cricket Web Green vs Cricket Web Blue
at the PDV Dome

Clear relief for CW Green, as they beat the Blues by 36 runs at the Dome to snap a losing skid. An unbeaten 96 by captain Sean Fuller and a fine Alex Crampton half-century were not enough for the home team, and they failed to chase the 280 required for victory.

The Greens chose to take first strike and looked to be piling up a formidable total on the same pitch that saw the Blues chase 318 two days earlier. The first wicket fell at 187, with Andrew Garven out to his opposite number. The breakthrough triggered a recovery from the Blue bowlers who had struggled against some aggressive Green batting, and Collins and Clancroft then finished the innings superbly to restrict the total to 279/4.

In much the opposite fashion, the Blues started slowly and then lost Young and Cloete in consecutive overs. When Cribb was out soon after, the task seemed far too great. Fuller and Crampton tried to summon the spirit of the last Blue chase, but Cameron returned to dismiss the latter and follow up with another quick wicket to ease the minds of the Green contingent.

Cricket Web Green 279/4 (50 overs)
Cricket Web Blue 243/5 (50 overs)

Cricket Web Green won by 36 runs.
Man of the Match: AJ Garven

See updated standings for Chef de Groot OD Trophy

Attachments

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Disappointing way to end our winning streak. Restricting them to 279 with that many wickets in hand on a good pitch was a solid effort, and we should have given the target a close run. We had plenty of wickets in hand with about 20 overs left when we needed to go for it, but the run rate kept going up. Full credit to Green for some tight bowling, particularly from Garven in the middle overs.

Happy with my form personally though, despite finishing on 96 not out. Still not a century, but it's 3 runs closer than my previous best.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Gutted. My form has been crap lately, and I've let the team down yet again right when they needed a batsman to stand up. Good jobs by Kyle and Howler, though.

Loony BoB said:
Gutted. My form has been crap lately, and I've let the team down yet again right when they needed a batsman to stand up. Good jobs by Kyle and Howler, though.
Loony BoB i am you're man!!

put me in the team and i will get some runs!!

i got 114 for de grooters yesterday so i am on ok form getting a few wickets to!!

The Baconator

International Vice-Captain
Nice to get a few runs in the last couple of games, good to win the first one but Green just kept it too tight in that last one.

TIF

U19 Debutant
Disappointing performance by the Greens in the last few matches with Greens winning only 1 match. However, as for my performance, it looks as if I have started to find my feet a bit out here but I am still very disappointed with my performance as I am yet to hit a 6 :@ despite scoring a useful 47 runs against Colts.

When will I hit a 6 out here ?:@

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Bowl-A-Beamer said:
Loony BoB i am you're man!!

put me in the team and i will get some runs!!

i got 114 for de grooters yesterday so i am on ok form getting a few wickets to!!
Is the dressing room big enough for you and Jasotharan's heads?

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Solid win guys, Malone back to his usual self scoring another OD Hundred, combined with half centuries to myself and Scott got us to a pertty solid score and then we got some wickets, Cameron bowled beutifully claiming 3 at pretty good economy :)

Great way to end the quarter :D